ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

even if he was benching 325, thats still impressive. 405 is amazing. I think by my senior year, i maxed 260 bench, 210 curl, and 600 squat (750 on the sled), and Im a pretty big dude...but i was also a farm boy, and working muscles are more usable than pretty lifting muscles.

Reactions: 1SWO1
even if he was benching 325, thats still impressive. 405 is amazing. I think by my senior year, i maxed 260 bench, 210 curl, and 600 squat (750 on the sled), and Im a pretty big dude...but i was also a farm boy, and working muscles are more usable than pretty lifting muscles.
Back in the 90, Shawn Johnson was benchn over 500, Scott Roberts was there with him,

Reactions: Wildcat3015
Well obviously we were pretty weak compared to kids today back in the '80's maybe it has something to do with kids starting weight training in middle school now. Our coach my junior year played linebacker for NC State and probably the first coach we had who really understood proper weight training. My senior year I was probably the weakness and shortest lineman could only bench 250 but even the biggest strongest one I'll have to ask him or someone else from that team (cause I could be wrong) some time but I don't believe even he got up to 400 bench, but if im wrong and he if did reach that mark it sure wasn't his 10th grade year. Didn't hurt him much though he went on to be all ACC and second team all American lineman in college.

Last edited:
One of the lineman for Heritage last year, hand cleaned 405 lbs. I thought that was impressive, but not sure why anyone would want to even attempt that.

hSqCTdyDvo32FEGM6

One thing about it though there is a chance of rain at Friday night game. It won't be near as cold as what thier practicing in yesterday here it was blowing around snow mid 20's wind chill around 15°. Right now its 29° windchwind 18°. I would have shown a picture of the frozen mountain over the ball field yesterday they showed on facebook but i haven't yet at least on my phone figured out how to show a picture on this site.

Thanks you that's the photo. I haven't seen much I can't do on a cellphone. When my computer was down I once filled out both girl's FAFSA for college on my cellphone. But I haven't seen how up load a photo on this site. I touched the photo icon and it ask for url address, I even coped the photo to a url link but that didn't work either.

Thanks you that's the photo. I haven't seen much I can't do on a cellphone. When my computer was down I once filled out both girl's FAFSA for college on my cellphone. But I haven't seen how up load a photo on this site. I touched the photo icon and it ask for url address, I even coped the photo to a url link but that didn't work either.
Click and hold the photo until brings up a menu. Click view image, and copy the url

All that Purple in the background sure makes for a dreary looking day! :D

I'll be glad when everything turns Green again.

Thanks for the clarification Mhsneer. Was starting to think it had something to do with the rutt season in WNC. LOL

And yes Mountie. We will have to look at that Blue and Gold for the 3rd straight year. Could have seen that at TC Roberson and its a lot closer.

I will have to admit those purple helmets are nice at least Mitchell will win the match of colors this week I don't care much for Murphy's colors but they sure do have a lot of tradition up there in Murphy..

Mr bud this kids dad is Arnold Schwarzenegger. We should forfeit. There’s just no reason to even suit up.
No his dad is not Arnold he’s been lifting about year round since he was 12yrs old. Yes he is over 400lbs on the bench as of before football season. Also the record at MHS is 435lbs set by Shawn Johnson!

No snow on the ground this morning?
Mitchell county had no school yesterday or today. There was snow and ice in the northern part of the county. It was about 17 last night wind chill 10 there was some snow and ice around my house this morning in Bakersville but probably more in the buladean area further north west. You all might not have gotten anything I noticed today about 3pm here it was 29 wind chill 18 in Murphy 36 wind chill 31.

Murphy going to find out Friday how hard it is to win in ledger. Mountaineers will be ready for a fight, Murphy better be ready.

Murphy going to find out Friday how hard it is to win in ledger. Mountaineers will be ready for a fight, Murphy better be ready.

Lol because we havent drove 5 hrs to Albemarle and beat them at their place twice in a game we weren't favored. Nor did we travel to North Stanley and beat them last year.

I'm sure we won't be ready .

Reactions: Gentle Knight
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT