ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

Think that's what I said, With History says no. In fact I have even said I think Murphy wins this week.

You make it hard for me to pull for Robbinsville. Thankfully there are other Robbinsville fans who show class and not constantly putting down everyone else.
you ain't going to pull for R'ville anyway you are pulling for Mitchell. But I'll admit the truth, this week murphy wins, R'ville probably wins, next week I hope R'ville wins, but that's a tall order, we will see. Then the west wins the 1a ship. If you can knock murphy out we will be glad to come to Mitchell next week.

Last edited:
Mr bud..you may have nailed pisgah but im saying your off base here...Mitchell will struggle with murphys offense...and Murphy will make mitchell one dimensional on offense...if im wrong ill gladly be back here friday night congratulating Mitchell

Murphy 35
Mitchell 21
Bro if the mountaineers bring their A game they advance. Been watching film all week those boys can throw the ball. Plus mitchell played harder schedule both erwin and mh would beat anyteam murphy has played. One big problem with mitchell is they have not got better since week4 . Dont understand that is it coaching or what, maybe mitchell fan can answer that question.

It’s called sandbagging. I do however believe Murphy is really really good but they can be beat if we play like we’re capable and that’s not sandbagging

Reactions: smcdogfan
See I have already admitted the truth, I will always pull for Mitchell as long as they are playing. After that I will pull for the SMC, regardless if it is Murphy, Robbinsville or Andrews. I have felt for a long time that Mitchell would be great fit in the SMC if not for the distance of travel. Football might be doable but man those weeknight basketball, volleyball, baseball, wrestling....and so one would be brutal on the kids. Not to mention there would be virtually no fans.

IF and it is a hugh IF Mitchell wins I would be glad to see Robbinsville come to Mitchell, if for no other reason, I would not have to travel as far after the game. There are No easy games left at this point for Mitchell.

Good luck to the Knights this week.

GO Mountaineers

Well since this seems to be such a big deal I asked someone that would most definitely know the truth of the matter. And they said Rayburn was the strongest kid on the team and was legitimately benching 330lbs as a freshman. So he's probably not benching quite 400lbs as a 10th grader but he will definitely get there soon if he isn't.

Last edited:
Well since this seems to be such a big deal I asked someone that would most definitely know the truth of the matter. And they said Rayburn was the strongest kid on the team and was legitimately benching 330lbs as a freshman. So he's probably not benching quite 400lbs as a 10th grader but he will definitely get there soon if he isn't.
In the '80's we didn't start weight lifting in middle school like they do now as freshman was the first time any of us had been in a weight lifting room. But some mountain boys are just strong. My 10th grade year a freshman who had never played football but was just a big boy who worked on the family farm could bench 300-325 from the get go. They put him in as nose tackle and he picked the center up and said.. what do I do now coach?

Reactions: mbdfan

You sure that is entirely accurate? I'm pretty sure a couple juniors got their 1000lb shirts last spring.

Regardless #52, #71, #76, and #80 are a handful on defense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gps62
My 10th grade year a freshman who had never played football but was just a big boy who worked on the family farm could bench 300-325 from the get go. They put him in as nose tackle and he picked the center up and said.. what do I do now coach?
lol. Country strong is definitely a real thing and like you said it's mostly kids that grew up working on family farms. Not as prevalent now though, at least not here, as there just aren't as many small family farms as there once was in this area.

looking at film Murphy secondary is their weak spot. But the dogs run defense is solid, special teams not that good. Mitchell needs to load the box make Murphy throw the ball , if you stop the run game its over,

looking at film Murphy secondary is their weak spot. But the dogs run defense is solid, special teams not that good. Mitchell needs to load the box make Murphy throw the ball , if you stop the run game its over,
Ive been quite so far Mr. Bud, but cant let that one go by. It's not that Murphy can't pass. They just haven't had to. 5 and 6 are two of the fastest kids on team and both can catch. Nelson isn't Tom Brady, but he is adequate. Also as you look at stats, the first team defense hasn't gave up a lot of points this year. The most to Pisgah 16 and Robbinsville 13. Most of the rest of those points against were given up in the 4th with the younger players getting experience. I don't know how good Mitchell is because I haven't seen them in person.. On Film the QB looks impressive more as a runner than a passer. Line looks good. All I can say about game is both better pack a lunch and buckle it up.
OH and as a Homer I'll end it with LET THE BIG DAWG EAT

Last edited:
Reactions: mrbud
Mr bud...please stick to pisgah ..maybe give us an update on any more rings being pawned...ill gladly come back and admit i was wrong if Mitchell wins..but for mitchell to win murphy will have to play bad and help them..Gentry has been there done that in games like this for 35 yrs...that can't be discounted...i have nothing against Mitchell...simply think murphy is the better team and will win Friday night..

Lol

2 ints vs pisgah , 3 Ints vs Franklin , 4 ints vs Robbinsville. None of them scored over 15 points . I disagree completely with that secondary being the weak link . Murphy has 18 interceptions on the year to Mitchell's 7

Ive been quite so far Mr. Bud, but cant let that one go by. It's not that Murphy can't pass. They just haven't had to. 5 and 6 are two of the fastest kids on team and both can catch. Nelson isn't Tom Brady, but he is adequate. Also as you look at stats, the first team defense hasn't gave up a lot of points this year. The most to Pisgah 16 and Robbinsville 13. Most of the rest of those points against were given up in the 4th with the younger players getting experience. I don't know how good Mitchell is because I haven't seen them in person.. On Film the QB looks impressive more as a runner than a passer. Line looks good. All I can say about game is both better pack a lunch and buckle it up.
OH and as a Homer I'll end it with LET THE BIG DAWG EAT
Mitchell's QB has 1451 yards passing and 1180 running. He is usually an accurate passer more so on the short to med passes but he has made some nice long ones. And sometimes he a better passer when he's scrambling. The issue is that sometimes they get to conservative on the play calling.

Murphy's secondary was kind of a weak point last year but they've improved this season. 'Dogs will give up some underneath stuff but that's by design, it's the way they want to play defense. It's very rare that Murphy gives up anything deep and I dont think they have at all this season.

Last edited:
Murphy's secondary was kind of a weak point last year but they've improved this season. 'Dogs will give up some underneath stuff but that's by design, it's the way they want to play defense. It's a very rare occurrence that Murphy gives up anything deep and I dont think they have at all this season.
Most of Mitchell's pass play aren't deep. They route slants and curls to try and pick apart the defense. Once in a while they'll throw a bomb, not like last year when it was "lob it to Brody, no one is going to catch him" lol...

Reactions: mbdfan
Mr bud...please stick to pisgah ..maybe give us an update on any more rings being pawned...ill gladly come back and admit i was wrong if Mitchell wins..but for mitchell to win murphy will have to play bad and help them..Gentry has been there done that in games like this for 35 yrs...that can't be discounted...i have nothing against Mitchell...simply think murphy is the better team and will win Friday night..
Bro i am a pisgah expert lol. As for the mountaineers they are a tough bunch. Those boys slept during the cherokee game. Their coach needs to do lot better job, getting them focus. Murphy good team but who have they beat?

Most of Mitchell's pass play aren't deep. They route slants and curls to try and pick apart the defense. Once in a while they'll throw a bomb, not like last year when it was "lob it to Brody, no one is going to catch him" lol...
Bro mitchell needs to run some deep routes getting the murphy secondary down field ,then it will open up running lanes for their quarterback the kid has jets.

Lol I know when I log on here I can count on you, rville20, mhsneer, or whatever persona the rich man is deciding to go by to provide me with a chuckle. I hope you stick around after the game Friday.

Bro i am a pisgah expert lol. As for the mountaineers they are a tough bunch. Those boys slept during the cherokee game. Their coach needs to do lot better job, getting them focus. Murphy good team but who have they beat?
Two years ago the exact same debate took place with people like you spouting off like this. We know how that turned out. Stop dogging teams you know nothing about.

Two years ago the exact same debate took place with people like you spouting off like this. We know how that turned out. Stop dogging teams you know nothing about.
Bro you would be shock how much i know about the Murphy program.

Bro i know your best secondary player has been hurt ,got hurt in swain game ,you better hope number 2 is ready to go, those mountaineers can throw the rock

Let’s see if this will reveal who you really are
Robbinsville at The Big Oaks

Lots of folks saying if Mitchell brings their "A" game they will win..Only my opinion, but if Mitchell brings their "A+" game, they Will NOT win Friday.

Lots of folks saying if Mitchell brings their "A" game they will win..Only my opinion, but if Mitchell brings their "A+" game, they Will NOT win Friday.
Gonna have to disagree with you there. If both teams play their best game I see it being a wash, since Mitchell is at home. Whoever has the ball last type game. IF both teams play their absolute best.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT