ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy at Robbinsville round 4.

Robbinsville just got new mats. One is the only octagon mat in the state.
Robbinsville wrestling Facebook page has some good pictures
Man. I didn’t think such a small school would be able to afford something that nobody else in the state has.

The school probably payed very very little on any of the wrestling stuff.
Donations from fans is the reason for that.

Show me proof that Robbinsville was the biggest. You won't, you can't. We was middle of the pack. We wasn't even the biggest 1a in our conference back then.

I don’t think it will honestly. A lot of times facilities are not a deciding factor. In college, yes it does with some players. Drive time is a huge factor in that too. Topton/Granny Squirrel kids can get to Robbinsville in 25 minutes. To the new school in Peachtree, almost 45
Topton..15 minutes
Granny Squirrel 18 minutes
Andrews 23 minutes

When are the 3 schools supposed to consolidate? Came through Peachtree a few days ago and saw some dirt work going near tri-county...is this the new site for the school. Also wondering what this will do to the smc...losing three 1a schools and adding a 2 or 3a?

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Murphy fans talked crap when they was on top. I remember after our run in 09. You guys said back to 3 win season and 180 pound lineman for Robbinsville.

When are the 3 schools supposed to consolidate? Came through Peachtree a few days ago and saw some dirt work going near tri-county...is this the new site for the school. Also wondering what this will do to the smc...losing three 1a schools and adding a 2 or 3a?

The school won't be 3a. Should be 2a but Murphy guys are saying it's a good chance of being 1a.
#murphymath

Not my problem! And that's all Andrews propaganda trying to make your ghost town relevant, send them kids on over to the new Murphy High School it won't be as far as Rabun Gap!
I’m sure the good ole boys are working on the numbers already to keep the new school 1A. Having EC & a new Charter school will definitely help you. I’m sure they know exactly the number they need to divide it up to play down. When you already have Ranger, Martins Creek, Peachtree, Murphy , The learning Center and the Marble area not counting the ones who transfer from HD & Andrews. You want people in the conference to believe that Murphy only has 50 more students than Hayesville, Cherokee & Robbinsville. Cherokee County has a population of 28,000 while Clay and Graham have maybe 9,000. The math doesn’t add up but when you keep adding alternative schools to send students to it keeps you in 1A. I’m totally against Consolidation if you can’t tell.

I'm just glad we put those dogs down and they didn't go out on top.

That's the site. The first phase is to give the Early College a new building there, but the plan is to eventually also have the new consolidated high school on the same site.

Who knows what will happen to the SMC? I had thought it could become a 1A/2A split at first, but then Franklin and Smoky went back up to 3A and the charter school announced its expansion to high school (which will probably lower the consolidated school's numbers). I think it will depend on if NC stays with 4 classes, what factors they use for classification, etc. My personal prediction is that NC adds a class or two and the new high school becomes 2A under that.

But my understanding is the Early College and the charter school will each have their own athletic departments. So instead of three schools with teams representing each part of the county, you'll still have three teams--they'll just all be in Murphy. Kind of silly.

That's the site. The first phase is to give the Early College a new building there, but the plan is to eventually also have the new consolidated high school on the same site.

Who knows what will happen to the SMC? I had thought it could become a 1A/2A split at first, but then Franklin and Smoky went back up to 3A and the charter school announced its expansion to high school (which will probably lower the consolidated school's numbers). I think it will depend on if NC stays with 4 classes, what factors they use for classification, etc. My personal prediction is that NC adds a class or two and the new high school becomes 2A under that.

But my understanding is the Early College and the charter school will each have their own athletic departments. So instead of three schools with teams representing each part of the county, you'll still have three teams--they'll just all be in Murphy. Kind of silly.
It’s ridiculous

I'm just glad we put those dogs down and they didn't go out on top.
Kinda like the Dogs did to your knights last spring…..

Y’all ain’t won it all yet. Still two very tough teams left to play (if you’re lucky) and you won’t be in your little backyard this time.

I can show you proof that Murphy benefits from the EC not being allowed to play sports at Murphy.
Also the EC and the Charter school sounds like a big benefit.
Also after being classes as 2a Murphy benefited by the state allowing them to play 1a.

I see a pattern forming here.

It’s a smoke screen. TCEC is on MaxPreps and have been for a few years now. They are even listed under the SMC teams. But all I have seen in the last 5 years are maybe 3 to 5 athletes in Track season.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
New guy but I do know a little about SMC football. There has been 3 dominate coaching staffs in our conference Murphy,Swain,and rville. It does look to me that Murphy and Swain have lost some very good coaches which has brought them down some. Say what you want about Watson but he done a pretty good job this year for his first year. Anyone who thinks replacing 3 of the best coaches in our conference is easy doesn't know anything about football. Unless he really screws up the next few years he is a lick at the new school. No one from Andrews will even be looked at for the job. If I'm not mistaken only 3 of Andrews coaches are are in the school system

I can show you proof that Murphy benefits from the EC not being allowed to play sports at Murphy.
Also after being classes as 2a Murphy benefited by the state allowing them to play 1a.

The Early College and students from Clay County as well. Don’t see you griping about them at all. They also have their own sports program and are there own school, so do your research. There’s several EC across the state that do the same thing. Try again.

• Haha
Reactions: mbdfan and BK13T-$
New guy but I do know a little about SMC football. There has been 3 dominate coaching staffs in our conference Murphy,Swain,and rville. It does look to me that Murphy and Swain have lost some very good coaches which has brought them down some. Say what you want about Watson but he done a pretty good job this year for his first year. Anyone who thinks replacing 3 of the best coaches in our conference is easy doesn't know anything about football. Unless he really screws up the next few years he is a lick at the new school. No one from Andrews will even be looked at for the job. If I'm not mistaken only 3 of Andrews coaches are are in the school system
That’s the issue. They should be considered. Not a shoe in. But considered

Can you? The EC wasn’t around in the 80s and 90s when Murphy was mopping up the floor with Robbinsville and winning state titles, neither was the charter school. Next.

• Haha
That’s the issue. They should be considered. Not a shoe in. But considered
The young basketball coaches in Andrews may get some consideration. It depends on what he does with the group he has for the next few years. I've watched their girls coach a few times and he looks like a good coach but not in coach G's class

It’s a smoke screen. TCEC is on MaxPreps and have been for a few years now. They are even listed under the SMC teams. But all I have seen in the last 5 years are maybe 3 to 5 athletes in Track season.
I didn’t know bk had a twin brother on here. Wow!

They've had soccer a few years, too. I think a lot of the small size of their athletic program has to do with lack of facilities, which should be fixed once their new school is built. But if you can already dually enroll at Tri-County from the traditional high schools, and now everything's all on one campus right next to the community college, the separate schools just seems unnecessary. But maybe somebody smarter than me can fill me in.

The young basketball coaches in Andrews may get some consideration. It depends on what he does with the group he has for the next few years. I've watched their girls coach a few times and he looks like a good coach but not in coach G's class
Andrews Mens basketball coaches should get the nod. But doubt Andrews girls coach will

I think ya'll benefited from that in 1992.
Can you tell me how Robbinsville benefited from a school that was supposed to be 2a those 4 years.
If Murphy had been 2a like they should Robbinsville still wine in 1992. The only team that benefited was Murphy in 1991.
You do realize what you just said?
Lmao.
This is how Murphy folks think.
Robbinsville benefited from you moving down. Lol lol lol 😂😆😂

Can you tell me how Robbinsville benefited from a school that was supposed to be 2a those 4 years.
If Murphy had been 2a like they should Robbinsville still wine in 1992. The only team that benefited was Murphy in 1991.
You do realize what you just said?
Lmao.
This is how Murphy folks think.
Robbinsville benefited from you moving down. Lol lol lol 😂😆😂
BK may be right on this one. The only schools that benefited was the 2A schools that would have had to play that Murphy team.

They've had soccer a few years, too. I think a lot of the small size of their athletic program has to do with lack of facilities, which should be fixed once their new school is built. But if you can already dually enroll at Tri-County from the traditional high schools, and now everything's all on one campus right next to the community college, the separate schools just seems unnecessary. But maybe somebody smarter than me can fill me in.
I agree. It’s going to be a controversy all being on the same campus. We already have enough as it is. I personally would like to see 2 new schools but even that wouldn’t make everyone happy. It’s just fun to see these people from Murphy get tore out of frame. It’s not all about Murphy. Andrews & HD love their schools just as much but the die hard Bulldogs can’t look at it reasonably. In closing we all need to suck it up because it’s going to happen. Not everyone is going to be happy but like MB said after a generation it will all work out. The Bulldogs, Eagles & Wildcats will just be a distant memory like Sylva Webster.

• Haha
Reactions: therealsquid
I agree. It’s going to be a controversy all being on the same campus. We already have enough as it is. I personally would like to see 2 new schools but even that wouldn’t make everyone happy. It’s just fun to see these people from Murphy get tore out of frame. It’s not all about Murphy. Andrews & HD love their schools just as much but the die hard Bulldogs can’t look at it reasonably. In closing we all need to suck it up because it’s going to happen. Not everyone is going to be happy but like MB said after a generation it will all work out. The Bulldogs, Eagles & Wildcats will just be a distant memory like Sylva Webster.
I still believe it will happen. They will lose some kids to rville and cooper basin but the ones that stay will be happy with the new school

Distant memory like Sylva-Webster and Cullowhee...only difference is same campus as SW.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I didn't start this. I've mostly stayed away from this talk lately but do get sucked in when others bring it up.

It's shocking to me that Murphy fans think they should been able to play
1a as a 2a without any stipulations.
Even funny is when they say other had an advantage because Murphy had stipulations to playing down. Wow

Ok back to 🏈.

SMC finish next year
Robbinsville
Andrews
Murphy
Swain
Cherokee
Hayesville

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT