ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy and toughness

It does and its just a game for high school kids lots of pride in the community's, ok I am done ,anyone has any serious football questions I will answer ,Good luck , I am going to play with my new grand baby.

Checkmate. Please refer to post above. Sanctimonious? Impressive. No superior thought process here. Facts. All facts. Condescending trash? Surprising. Especially how some of your fellow posters berate and degrade our coaches...every season...on a regular basis...who Im assuming yall must know very intimately to have such horrible accusations to say about them and if thats the case by all means continue your harassment. By the way love how dynasty is in quotations...too cute.

Checkmate..never have disputed Murphys tradition or championships, but Robbinsvilles state championship tradition is bigger. David Gentry is a great coach and has had very good assistants through his career, but to downplay Robbinsvilles accomplishment with a condescending attitude is laughable at best. Sure Gentry has six titles to his record but Bob Colvin had more! Both great programs with great history...I have great respect for the accomplishment of both programs past and present!!!

It truly is amazing how a thread can take on a life of its own. What began as a comment on Murphy's toughNess with a very respectful tone about Robbinsville line devolved into this back and forth nonsense. Two good teams two good histories let's all growup

Mbulldog42, I did appreciate your compliment on our line. However, I don't get this question of "toughness" ... I think Murphy is plenty tough and mean. Who in the world questioned Murphy's toughness???

Furthermore, I don't question Murphy's traditions, championships, or their coaches dedication ... and I sure as s#!t don't appreciate Dogman35 and some of the immature Murphy posters (and you know who you are) questioning Robbinsville's. We have long-standing traditions and a pretty good number of championships . Heart, soul, and dedication in our coaches .. without a doubt. As for coaches having played "and bled" on the same field ... oh yeah we got that in spades. I don't know what Dogman is talking about with this after the game name calling ... but I was there too, and I certainly didn't hear anything disrespectful being shouted by Knight fans.. What I did notice was that one of Murphy's coaches made a point to not shake hands with our coaches and players .. now if you want an example of truly classless behavior - there's a picture for you.

The only thing I heard from the stands was the question asking if we had got better. Which we all know was a reference to the statement Gentry made about our team a couple years ago.

Go4orit, it was basically the statement by posters about Murphy needing to be more "mean". I have seen that on here and it probably wasn't a Robbinsville poster.. Good luck this weekend and God bless.

C
Look at who was in that bracket then Sam. You had Albemarle and Thomasville when both were dominating everyone. There were also teams like Maiden, East Surry, and Starmount (ES and Starmount were much better teams then). Hendo was also very good some of those years and they have also moved back to 2a. I'm sure I left some more good teams out but you get the point. Since 2010 the 1aa bracket has been nowhere near as tough as it was from 2001-2009. Maiden and Thomasville are back in 2a and Albemarle has gone downhill and is now 1a. I would love to see Murphy's 2001 and 2008 teams play in the 1aa bracket from 2010 to 2015. I would guarantee at least one title between those two teams. Hell even the 2010 team would have probably won the 1aa title. The best team in 1a or 1aa that season was WRH and they had to kick a 45 yard FG in the wind and rain to beat Murphy by one point in the 1a title game in Chapel Hill. On a side note Swain didn't play in 1aa until 2009 and they won two small 1a titles in 01 and 04. I don't see anyone dissing them for playing down from 2001 to 2008 and winning those titles. Why the double standard....besides the fact that you are a Hayesville fan and are programmed at birth to hate Murphy? What's the hairy difference????[/QUOTE

I just asked a simple question!
Come on over to the basketball boards! There we're all equal. Everybody is 1A.....
I'll take my chances!!

Been readin all this and this is one thing that made me want to make an account on here was the pissing contest between Murphy/Rville posters and plus I like to talk SMC football...but I ain't on here to bash Murphy and I sure ain't here to bash Rville, all I want to say is this, there are Murphy posters that do give Rville credit when it's due and that shows a lot about Murphys posters...Rville has had two good seasons including this year and I definitely hope to see them bring it home this year but I will also say this...when I was in high school I hated Murphy and I love to hate them just like they love to hate us...i will admit it is nice to have Murphys number right now but I do also like how Murphy poster are giving credit to us unlike (some) Rville posters who bad mouths who ever beats us (mainly Murphy) so there for that makes all Rville posters look bad to everyone that reads these post outside of the SMC and looks like we have no class...I didn't like how gentry didn't give no credit to Rville after there win last Friday...it was all about him and his team and how they'd be back next year but Come on gentry give credit where it's due...so thank you to the Murphy posters who do have class and some Rville poster need to grow up alittle and show More class than they do...

Reactions: mbdfan
"They're the big dog in the SMC right now. They've earned it." --D. Gentry, last week's paper

What more do y'all want, a Christmas card?

Personally, I feel that MBD could have competed in the 1AA if they had kept everyone healthy and at 100%. The early college "conspiracy" does not hold water - I know the principal's husband, and he has indicated the EC does not participate in any other schools' sports. EC's, privates schools and charter schools, like the one Robbinsville played tonight are going to be the pain in the butts to the rest of us from now on. They ARE able to recruit, and with the violence taking place in some of the larger cities, smaller 1a / 1aa schools are going to pop up, especially when parents with money want to send their kids to a private school. An example of a school recruitment program is the Charlotte Day (the largest private school in the state) which played Robbinsville this year - they recruit, have scholarships, and if you go to their website their athletic programs boasts having more than 100 members on their coaching staffs. When the small private 1A / 1AA schools with $$$ start poping up, it will be hard for us traditional mountain schools to complete with the talent they can draw in. We can fight among ourselves and bash each others programs, but our real future problems will come from the schools who can recruit from other surrounding 3 & 4 A schools.

Reactions: ncvol2381
EC's, privates schools and charter schools, like the one Robbinsville played tonight are going to be the pain in the butts to the rest of us from now on. They ARE able to recruit, and with the violence taking place in some of the larger cities, smaller 1a / 1aa schools are going to pop up, especially when parents with money want to send their kids to a private school. An example of a school recruitment program is the Charlotte Day (the largest private school in the state) which played Robbinsville this year - they recruit, have scholarships, and if you go to their website their athletic programs boasts having more than 100 members on their coaching staffs. When the small private 1A / 1AA schools with $$$ start poping up, it will be hard for us traditional mountain schools to complete with the talent they can draw in. We can fight among ourselves and bash each others programs, but our real future problems will come from the schools who can recruit from other surrounding 3 & 4 A schools.

Charter/magnet schools and places like Charlotte Country Day are apples and oranges...charters and magnets are funded with public money, so no scholarship athletes and all that. And the NCHSAA won't let true private schools in unless they're Catholic schools, so we don't have to worry too much about a bunch of small private schools flooding 1A.

But more traditional schools like Robbinsville are also apples and oranges with charter/magnet schools, since they can draw from larger populations, tend not to have as many of the types of kids that don't participate in athletics, etc. I think we should follow the lead of other states and put something like a 1.5 multiplier on charter and magnet schools for classification purposes. For instance, CSOD has about 450 students, so that would be treated as an enrollment of 675, putting them in the 1AA or 2A playoffs.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Charlotte Country Day is a tuition based admission school, therefore it is not a public or charter school. Tuition for grades 8-12 currently is $22,085. They have a financial aid plan too for parent who can't afford it. If there is a star athlete at another school who could not afford to got to CCD, and they want him or her then they can disguise a scholarship as financial aid. I am totally behind the idea of using the multiplier, or let them play for titles in their own unique school systems. It isn't fair for schools like Murphy and Robbinsville to have to compete against a school that is putting together winning teams so they can add more "bandwagon" students and families money to their coffers. Here is the link to their tuition and financial page. http://www.charlottecountryday.org/page.cfm?p=520

I'm not saying Country Day isn't a private school. I'm saying we shouldn't worry about private schools flooding 1A because the NCISAA exists and the NCHSAA hasn't shown any indication they're going to let in private schools that aren't Catholic. But I do agree with you that charters and magnets are a different animal from places like Robbinsville, and I think there needs to be a multiplier for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT