ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Herritage vs Reidsville 2a West Regional Final

Ask Mckinney of east montgomery and south columbus how good RAMS ''D'' is. Mckinney had 2,463 yds rushing, 27 tds this year and south columbus had 4,396 rushing yds this season but not against RAMS, FACT.
Just an observation from a poster who is actually hoping Reidsville finishes the season in same fashion as last year as they are kinda from around here: Correct me if I am wrong but didn't McKinney rush for a shade over 200 and score two touchdowns? And yes I read he busted a couple of long runs of 40 and 84 but I think even the long ones count in final total right?

Not sure what his response would be exactly if you "asked" him.

Also if South Columbus had rushed for 4396 yards against Rams that would probably have set some sort of record huh? ;)

Good luck to the Rams this week. Hope you get to play in and win the last game your association allows...

Wait that's another thread started by you know who. Sorry.

HE HASNT PLAYED AGAINST A DEFENSE LIKE REIDSVILLE, ASK SOUTH COLUMBUS THEY AVERAGED 338 YDS A GAME AND OVER 4500 YDS FOR SEASON. 148 TOTAL YDS.....SHUT THEM DOWN.
So,are you saying if whiteville played reidsville the score would be like 28 rhs 25whs ...because whiteville killed so Columbus. Where mtn hert beat whs by 8 with no punts...

Reidsville is in for a shock Friday. Reidsville is a great team, but they have played a weak schedule.

Reidsville is in for a shock Friday. Reidsville is a great team, but they have played a weak schedule.
Does it ever cross anyone's mind that Mt Herritage might be in for a shock? Everyone for 30 straight games has brought up schedule. 30 games they've all left with the same result. Can we loose, absolutely.

So,are you saying if whiteville played reidsville the score would be like 28 rhs 25whs ...because whiteville killed so Columbus. Where mtn hert beat whs by 8 with no punts...
Over the last two years we've heard the same thing. 2016- Y'all haven't seen anyone like Tray Turner.. shut down. You haven't seen anyone like Robinson...held to half his average. You haven't seen anything like back at N Rowan...under half average. Sage is going to kill y'all.... completely shut down. K Bailey..... running clocks second half. 2017. .Tray Turner knocked out of game early. RJ Reynolds.... destroyed. Magna Vista.. destroyed. East Montgomery back held in check except for 2 plays. S Columbus... Shut out. Robinson still to be determined.

I looked at the State Championship trophies the other day. I didn't see any of them that read *Oh yeah, but Reidsville played a weak schedule*. This would include last years championship award.

No doubt, history is in Reidsville's favor. Would like to know what D scheme they will be using to stop MTN Heritage, if Reidsville can stay in the base D and stop them, Hats off!

in for a shock? reidsville played and beat heritage last year so no shock. rams know exactly what to expect. have seen it before. stopping it is another story. reidsville has great defensive coaches so i know they will have a good game plan. it will be up to players to execute.

Kind of like pissing in the wind

MH would monkey stomp Franklin.
Wow,i do have to say legit rating on QB during entire season very good athlete for reidsville.im still puzzled on the Negative rushing yards for a few games where special teams and passing made up 50 plus points.very talented 2 years in a row having qaulity players like this in a small school for small 2a is very rare in deed.mountain heritage has worked very hard to get where they are among the elite as well,from the early 2000s not making past rd 1 manytimes but kept digging and teaching from peewee to hs level for 10 solid years to now having the most powerful team they ever built that executes like a college level team. In just 24 hrs the stats are put to rest from the season for both when the start of rd 4 game starts friday nite.This will be a game to remember for the books and players lives ,goodluck to both sides of the ball and may the refs be safe as well in fairness for both.popcorn game ought tobe good one!

Last edited:
Any word on the kid that got injured last week
Probably not a good idea to post possible injuries on a public forum.

I know some coaches who would go to their grave before even hinting of injuries.

That said, lots of players are banged up for most teams this time of the year but I don't this will be a major factor Friday night.

Reactions: freshdl3
Reidsville's three-year starter at center will be a game-time decision due to knee injury. They've got a very capable back-up just in case.

dude it's the regional finals. four great teams are left and anybody can win. we played MH last year and we know how good they are. all teams have reason for concern. reidsville may be concerned but i'm sure MH is too. gonna be an exciting game and may the best team win.

Reactions: Rammer16
dude it's the regional finals. four great teams are left and anybody can win. we played MH last year and we know how good they are. all teams have reason for concern. reidsville may be concerned but i'm sure MH is too. gonna be an exciting game and may the best team win.
Best quote of the year!...leave it on the field...amen!

We know Reidsville is tough but so is this MH team. They are physical and make very few mistakes. Should be a good game. I could not hazard a guess as to how it will turn out at this level.

Are these parents or students that couldnt make the fb team saying these posts....if your this excited ,stay home and listen to it on radio!

Why would I be excited over a game I don’t think will be competitive. I’m entitled to my opinion. Only excitement will be for the players, coaches and city.

Reactions: Champ_24
I was just looking back at MH schedule. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but looks like you guys played 5 1a teams and 5 2a schools during regular season. You guys are probably like us and have to play other county schools. Curious why you don't play up?
We played 3 3a schools and 2 4a schools.

I am pulling for the Rams because I am ready for the track meet next week in Chapel Hill...sounds like true football weather for next weekend also...40's for the high....

I was just looking back at MH schedule. Pardon me if I'm wrong, but looks like you guys played 5 1a teams and 5 2a schools during regular season. You guys are probably like us and have to play other county schools. Curious why you don't play up?
We played 3 3a schools and 2 4a schools.

Heritage had been playing 5A Davey Crockett out of Tennessee for a few years but didn't this year. They usually play 3A North Buncombe and Erwin as well. They didn't play NB this year though. I could be completely wrong on this but I've always heard that bigger schools don't like scheduling smaller schools who have a legitimate shot at beating them because if the bigger school loses, it looks bad. But if the bigger school wins, they say something like "you just beat a 1A or 2A school, it's not that big of a deal".

yeah we sorta have the same problem here...altho kudos to NW Guilford for playing us the last 4 years...altho don't know if games with them are still in the future....Do know we are playing 4A W-S Reynolds again next year..along with 3A Magna Vista (Virginia) and the three 3A county schools (Rockingham Co., McMichael and Morehead)............Northern Guilford (3A) played a series of 4 games with Reidsville but that series didn't renew this past year..............

BTW...just learned last nite that WSJS out of Winston-Salem is carrying the game between RSH/MT. Heritage...pretty sure you can listen to it on their web site......................

yeah we sorta have the same problem here...altho kudos to NW Guilford for playing us the last 4 years...altho don't know if games with them are still in the future....Do know we are playing 4A W-S Reynolds again next year..along with 3A Magna Vista (Virginia) and the three 3A county schools (Rockingham Co., McMichael and Morehead)............Northern Guilford (3A) played a series of 4 games with Reidsville but that series didn't renew this past year..............

BTW...just learned last nite that WSJS out of Winston-Salem is carrying the game between RSH/MT. Heritage...pretty sure you can listen to it on their web site......................
I threw a suggestion out there to some of the coaches for next year's schedule: Since W-S Reynolds will be coming to Reidsville and Mount Airy will be visiting Eden Morehead the same week next season, switch opponents: Mt. Airy at Reidsville and Reynolds at Morehead.
Note: I'm not totally sure about the 2018 schedule but if both are home-and-home series, it would be correct as both played Sept. 8 this year. It's been a while since old rivals Mt. Airy and Reidsville played but, who knows, they may end up in the same conference again in three years if Reidsville drops to 1-A.

I threw a suggestion out there to some of the coaches for next year's schedule: Since W-S Reynolds will be coming to Reidsville and Mount Airy will be visiting Eden Morehead the same week next season, switch opponents: Mt. Airy at Reidsville and Reynolds at Morehead.
Note: I'm not totally sure about the 2018 schedule but if both are home-and-home series, it would be correct as both played Sept. 8 this year. It's been a while since old rivals Mt. Airy and Reidsville played but, who knows, they may end up in the same conference again in three years if Reidsville drops to 1-A.

Not sure I'd make that switch. I'd trade mt airy for hpa though

Not sure I'd make that switch. I'd trade mt airy for hpa though
Only suggested because it's the same week on the schedule with both county teams home, thus making it possible.
Why not make the switch? You must not know the Reidsville history with Mt. Airy.

Only suggested because it's the same week on the schedule with both county teams home, thus making it possible.
Why not make the switch? You must not know the Reidsville history with Mt. Airy.

It would be a good gate. But I'm iffy about it. If they did do it I wouldn't complain. I guess taking a 4a to a 1a school. Even though mtvairy maybe better

It would be a good gate. But I'm iffy about it. If they did do it I wouldn't complain. I guess taking a 4a to a 1a school. Even though mtvairy maybe better
Even if it's discussed - Morehead probably wouldn't do it because of the gate. Despite the size of the schools, Mt. Airy fan base probably travels better than Reynolds. I think it would be a big gate for a Mt. Airy-Reidsville game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT