ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Herritage vs Reidsville 2a West Regional Final

They're not ranked as high.
dont mean to sound ignorant but,who in white lab coats for 30 yrs comes up with the Rank #S ,good example ,recent mitchell 1a got #1 seed ,first time ive seen this but the last few yrs theyve made it deep into playoffs,deep...this the reason for them to get better ranking?

M.H. would beat Franklin by 2 tds. M.H. flys to the ball on D. Going to be a great game.
Is there a radio feed on the internet for this game?

Reactions: PBBear51
Just curious what makes you think they should be a No.1 seed over Reidsville? Reidsville has won 30 games in a row, including a second round win over MH in 16. Defending state champs. Outscored our opponents nearly 800 to 71. Averages 51 a game and allows less than 6. Allowed only 2 rushing TDs all season.
I'm not knocking on MH. Good team, but there's nothing to say you should be ahead of Reidsville. I personally think the Maxpreps rankings are flawed. I pay much closer attention to Simmons and NC Preps.
I think it will be a good game Friday.

Just curious what makes you think they should be a No.1 seed over Reidsville? Reidsville has won 30 games in a row, including a second round win over MH in 16. Defending state champs. Outscored our opponents nearly 800 to 71. Averages 51 a game and allows less than 6. Allowed only 2 rushing TDs all season.
I'm not knocking on MH. Good team, but there's nothing to say you should be ahead of Reidsville. I personally think the Maxpreps rankings are flawed. I pay much closer attention to Simmons and NC Preps.
I think it will be a good game Friday.
You mis my point...reidsvilles performances...bar none the pick to go with,im searching for The Process behind the history of seedings over the years.reidsville outclassed everyone since last yr,when that happends its like evaluating a 4a to a 1a if you will.

Reidsville is in for a big surprise with mtn heritage , their line is small but they are so fast and strong. We had 2 d1 wr and they contain them, this is not last years heritage team, they made a believer out of me last night.
And therein lies your problem. Reidsville's line is BIG, fast and strong.

There will be no surprises in this game.

Reactions: mg237
An outsiders opinion might not mean much. The two best teams I’ve seen play against South Columbus in the West bracket were Whiteville(offense) and Reidsville(defense). When Mt H beat Whiteville I was shocked. They must have the real deal offensively. Reidsville shut out SC and lived up to their reputation. I’d love to go watch this game but too long of a drive. I predict a very close game. Also the Reidsville fans and posters were great to talk with. No disrespect on my prediction because it’s just a prediction. Mt. H.-28 Reidsville-21. Good luck to both teams. Either way I want the west to win it all.

Reidsville has scored 722 points in their 14 games...an avg. of 51.7 pts per game....Have given up 78 points an avg. of 5.6 pts. per game

Here's an interesting fact.....in the 21st century (since 2000)...Reidsville has played 51 HOME playoff games...their record (including this years playoff games so far) is 45 WINS and only 6 LOSSES (88.2%)......the Six Home playoff losses from 2000 until now were.......2 games to Lincolnton (2001 & 2015)....2 games to Shelby (2013 "Regional Final" & 2014)....1 game to Western Alamance (2004 "Regional Final") and 1 game to Randleman (2010).............
WE WILL NEVER GET RESPECT..... ALL I HEAR IS WE HAVENT PLAYED ANYONE....

An outsiders opinion might not mean much. The two best teams I’ve seen play against South Columbus in the West bracket were Whiteville(offense) and Reidsville(defense). When Mt H beat Whiteville I was shocked. They must have the real deal offensively. Reidsville shut out SC and lived up to their reputation. I’d love to go watch this game but too long of a drive. I predict a very close game. Also the Reidsville fans and posters were great to talk with. No disrespect on my prediction because it’s just a prediction. Mt. H.-28 Reidsville-21. Good luck to both teams. Either way I want the west to win it all.
RAMS WILL SHUT DOWN HERITAGE RUSH GAME AS WE DO EVERYONE, ASK 4500 YDS RUSHING THIS YEAR SOUTH COLUMBUS. THEY WERE HELD TO 148 TOTAL YARDS OFFENSE. RAMS ALL THE WAY TO NO #20 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP....

Reactions: AntGZee
Lion attack have you seen heritage play? My team played heritage and Franklin , heritage has more speed then Franklin, that Robinson kid is a stud , best player in the mountains. Learn long time ago you can't compare scores , this will be a close game.
HE HASNT PLAYED AGAINST A DEFENSE LIKE REIDSVILLE, ASK SOUTH COLUMBUS THEY AVERAGED 338 YDS A GAME AND OVER 4500 YDS FOR SEASON. 148 TOTAL YDS.....SHUT THEM DOWN.

Reidsville has 6 shutouts and 10 of the 13 have allowed 7 or less pts. We allowed 8, 17 and 20 in other games. As great as Robinson is, I don't see them scoring 30 pts. They gave up over 40 to Whiteville last week. We do have a couple of key injuries on the line. Could be big. We'll see.[/QUOTE REMATCH 2ND ROUND PLAYOFFS LAST YEAR, RAMS 45 MT. HERITAGE 16. RAMS DEFENSE BETTER THIS YEAR THAN LAST YEAR.

RAMS WILL SHUT DOWN HERITAGE RUSH GAME AS WE DO EVERYONE, ASK 4500 YDS RUSHING THIS YEAR SOUTH COLUMBUS. THEY WERE HELD TO 148 TOTAL YARDS OFFENSE. RAMS ALL THE WAY TO NO #20 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP....
I don’t have to ask South Columbus because my son played on the team. Reidsville is the real deal. I never said they were not. They shut South completely down. I just gave my prediction that’s all.

Reactions: mg237
Robinson (200+ pounds) will be a load ... this from the Asheville Citizen Times:

Robinson has rushed for 3,004 yards and 43 touchdowns in 2017, which is best in the state. He averages 231 yards a game and 9.7 yards a carry for a Cougar team one win away from a state title game.

His output this season has put him in elite company among the best to ever play high school football in the state.

His 167 career touchdowns is the second most in North Carolina football history, 11 behind T.A. McLendon, who set the record in 2001 for Albernarle. His 55 total touchdowns this year is the third most in the state's history for a single-season while his 12,664 career total yards trails only East Lincoln's Chazz Surratt (13,748) and Independence's Chris Leak (16,590).

I would like to know at what level Mr Robinson should be embarrassed at hisrushing total yds against Reidsville? Since he is averaging over 200 yds a game, I would think less than 150 yds would be sub par and less than 100 yds would be not too good and less than 75 yards would be embarrassing.

This guy is good, this team is undefeated. Overconfidence and talking big not needed. I'm sure Rams' coaching staff has the team thinking that way.

For the record, in last year's visit to Reidsville, Robinson netted 138 yards on 27 carries and ran for two TDs (45 and 3 yards). He also completed 1 of 9 passes for 9 yards. Mountain Heritage team had 246 yards rushing.

It was a 17-8 game until Rams scored three TDs in final eight minutes of the half to make it 38-8 at the half. Final score was 45-16.

But that was last year, which won't mean anything on the first of December, 2017.

Reactions: ramking2012
Robinson (200+ pounds) will be a load ... this from the Asheville Citizen Times:

Robinson has rushed for 3,004 yards and 43 touchdowns in 2017, which is best in the state. He averages 231 yards a game and 9.7 yards a carry for a Cougar team one win away from a state title game.

His output this season has put him in elite company among the best to ever play high school football in the state.

His 167 career touchdowns is the second most in North Carolina football history, 11 behind T.A. McLendon, who set the record in 2001 for Albernarle. His 55 total touchdowns this year is the third most in the state's history for a single-season while his 12,664 career total yards trails only East Lincoln's Chazz Surratt (13,748) and Independence's Chris Leak (16,590).
He hasnt played a defense like Reidsville. Last year he got his yards but in the end Reidsville 45 mt hertiage 16. This isnt a mountain team its the 19 time State Champion soon to be #20.

This guy is good, this team is undefeated. Overconfidence and talking big not needed. I'm sure Rams' coaching staff has the team thinking that way.

For the record, in last year's visit to Reidsville, Robinson netted 138 yards on 27 carries and ran for two TDs (45 and 3 yards). He also completed 1 of 9 passes for 9 yards. Mountain Heritage team had 246 yards rushing.

It was a 17-8 game until Rams scored three TDs in final eight minutes of the half to make it 38-8 at the half. Final score was 45-16.

But that was last year, which won't mean anything on the first of December, 2017.
Ask Mckinney of east montgomery and south columbus how good RAMS ''D'' is. Mckinney had 2,463 yds rushing, 27 tds this year and south columbus had 4,396 rushing yds this season but not against RAMS, FACT.

So how many 3 and outs will the RAMS produce against MTN Heritage? Sounds like that might be their specialty.

geez mg 237..lighten up...let's let our play on the field do the talking....this Robinson kid is the real thing...you don't have 3000 yds plus 55 td.'s if you're not....Rams will try to slow him down...let's hope the Rams O is clicking like it should...could be a lot of scoring in this game.....................

geez mg 237..lighten up...let's let our play on the field do the talking....this Robinson kid is the real thing...you don't have 3000 yds plus 55 td.'s if you're not....Rams will try to slow him down...let's hope the Rams O is clicking like it should...could be a lot of scoring in this game.....................
why lighten up i saw all trey robinson stats they posted i just said we stop the run is all i said, we played him last year and he had 148 yds rushing rams 46 mh 16.

I would like to know at what level Mr Robinson should be embarrassed at hisrushing total yds against Reidsville? Since he is averaging over 200 yds a game, I would think less than 150 yds would be sub par and less than 100 yds would be not too good and less than 75 yards would be embarrassing.
running from 20 yd line to 20 yd line is ok, gettin in endzone is another thing.

Exactly...well said but,to add to this.i saw where whiteville played south Columbus, can this game be used in evaluating any predictions of what to expect? Also,looking at reidsville stats on yardage on the year in rushing or rec,how in the world can one kid on mh have more in either total yards on season of reidsville?

would like a prediction on the 3 and outs, from what I can tell MNT Hert has punted less than 10 times the whole season, so you think the LA RAMS D can produce 5 3 and outs, 8?

would like a prediction on the 3 and outs, from what I can tell MNT Hert has punted less than 10 times the whole season, so you think the LA RAMS D can produce 5 3 and outs, 8?

He will get his yardage. Rams d does a goid job of keeping teams out of the end zone. Rams will need to tackle well to contain him. But i know he will get over 100 yards

He will get his yardage. Rams d does a goid job of keeping teams out of the end zone. Rams will need to tackle well to contain him. But i know he will get over 100 yards
If the Rams D can hold Robinson to less than 200 yds, it will be a successful night.

Robinson is a great player and no one will completely shut him down.

The real question is whether the Mountain Heritage defense can slow down the Reidsville offense.

Good luck to Mountain Heritage. They have a fine football program. They have a tough task ahead of them Friday, but they are some scrappy boys that do what they do and buy into the plan they make.

Reactions: PBBear51
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT