ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Heritage vs Reidsville 2a Title Round 4

I just got finished watching the game. Reidsville did just what I thought they would. That team is just phenomenal. Great coaching staff. Best high school team I have seen in a while. Glad I got to see them in person twice this year. @rambbq @TheMule @FACT24 I didn't see any of you on tv. Hope you were all able to get in today. Congrats on a great win.

Last edited:
I just got finished watching the game. Reidsville did just what I thought they would. That team is just phenomenal. Great coaching staff. Best high school team I have seen in a while. Glad I got to see them in person twice this year. @rambbq @TheMule @FACT24 I didn't see any of you on tv. Hope you were all able to get in today. Congrats on a great win.
We were there dont worry lol

Reactions: Rammer16 and UNC91
After watching it again you are exactly right could have been bad! They carried him off the field and pumped him full of adrenaline and few plays later he’s in making havoc on the cougars with no visible limitations in a game that was over! Thanks for the lesson on adrenaline ! Yours truly, BOZO

Hey 97, I wanted to let you know it’s ok to remain a fan after Junior graduates. I don’t have a son only a daughter. I’m sure it won’t be the same for you and you might not make every game but stick with your Cougars.

I graduated from SP in 1978 other than my years in Cabarrus County I’ve never missed more than one or two home games a year. I love the game and the kids but I love connecting with old friends. Up until a couple years ago about six or seven from class of 78 sat together and relived old times. I’m about three days away from surgery so I won’t be posting for a while but by September I plan on being back on the top row watching the Raiders with lifelong friends.

I know several people questioned Rankin's injury. The great thing about a camera it sees everything. I took this shot from the end zone. Take a look at his face. Take a look at his teammates and the Mt Heritage players. Then take a look at the position of his left leg and foot.
The fact that Ki came back and played (and played great) is amazing. He also did a good job in the post-game press conference.

Hats off to the Reidsville Team. Great game and a super team. Not sure how many classes they would have won this year in State Championships, but I can promise everyone they could have captured some higher than the 2A level. I do believe they were better than the other teams that knocked us out of the playoffs a couple times previously. I dropped my 3rd senior off at MH yesterday morning that has played under Coach Robinson, with my middle son falling twice to the Rams in Reidsville. I asked Jalen to just leave it all on the field and leave with no regrets on Saturday. I am the proud father of Jalen Branton #12 CB and WR that got to play for a state title 1 year removed from tearing his ACL in the our final playoff game against West Rowan last year and broke his wrist after a dunk against Mitchell in the 2nd basketball game this season. I am blessed beyond measure to see him battling to the last play on the field in Chapel Hill. Also a proud dad of Dawson Branton #12 who was a LB and RB for Mtn. Heritage that fell to some great Reidsville Teams and graduated with Coach Robinson’s son. My oldest son played for Joey in his early years at MH but Cody was blessed to have played 4 years of baseball at Mars Hill. I have nothing but respect for the Rams, their players and fans. Always treated me nice and talked with us after the games. I probably will not be posting as much with no grandkids on the horizon, but I will always be a loyal supporter of the Cougars and the Coaching staff that has given my sons much more than athletic wins and losses. Best of luck next season to the Cougars and Rams and hoping for another rematch.

Hats off to the Reidsville Team. Great game and a super team. Not sure how many classes they would have won this year in State Championships, but I can promise everyone they could have captured some higher than the 2A level. I do believe they were better than the other teams that knocked us out of the playoffs a couple times previously. I dropped my 3rd senior off at MH yesterday morning that has played under Coach Robinson, with my middle son falling twice to the Rams in Reidsville. I asked Jalen to just leave it all on the field and leave with no regrets on Saturday. I am the proud father of Jalen Branton #12 CB and WR that got to play for a state title 1 year removed from tearing his ACL in the our final playoff game against West Rowan last year and broke his wrist after a dunk against Mitchell in the 2nd basketball game this season. I am blessed beyond measure to see him battling to the last play on the field in Chapel Hill. Also a proud dad of Dawson Branton #12 who was a LB and RB for Mtn. Heritage that fell to some great Reidsville Teams and graduated with Coach Robinson’s son. My oldest son played for Joey in his early years at MH but Cody was blessed to have played 4 years of baseball at Mars Hill. I have nothing but respect for the Rams, their players and fans. Always treated me nice and talked with us after the games. I probably will not be posting as much with no grandkids on the horizon, but I will always be a loyal supporter of the Cougars and the Coaching staff that has given my sons much more than athletic wins and losses. Best of luck next season to the Cougars and Rams and hoping for another rematch.
Now this is one more classy post. Congrats to all of the Heritage 84 family and best of wishes and hopes for a great future for all.

Stan...your son played like a man child this year...especially playoffs....Heal quick Ki.................................
Make no mistake about it. Without #50 healthy MH, NE, and other teams score on the Rams a lot more. He was the one defensive player the Rams could not afford to lose. Great career for the Rankin brothers and a great family. Proud of all of you.

Make no mistake about it. Without #50 healthy MH, NE, and other teams score on the Rams a lot more. He was the one defensive player the Rams could not afford to lose. Great career for the Rankin brothers and a great family. Proud of all of you.

Exactly, you could see a drop off when tamir Johnson got hurt for the year. Imagine losing rankin as well.

Reactions: Rammer16
He played well! Really, you think this rams team is better than the 2016 team? I already knew they were better than the 2017 and 2018 teams.

Congrats to the Rams sorry I didn’t get to make the trip down to hang out with a few pals from down that way ...

Y’all gonna have to build another wing down there to hold all them titles

congrats to the heritage crowd for a great season as well ...

On to next year
You mean at the end of the summer of this year.3 months from now we will be back at it.

Hey 97, I wanted to let you know it’s ok to remain a fan after Junior graduates. I don’t have a son only a daughter. I’m sure it won’t be the same for you and you might not make every game but stick with your Cougars.

I graduated from SP in 1978 other than my years in Cabarrus County I’ve never missed more than one or two home games a year. I love the game and the kids but I love connecting with old friends. Up until a couple years ago about six or seven from class of 78 sat together and relived old times. I’m about three days away from surgery so I won’t be posting for a while but by September I plan on being back on the top row watching the Raiders with lifelong friends.
Absolutely, I will always be out there supporting the program. Also my daughter has 3 more years of Cougar basketball and volleyball so I’m going to be enjoying that as well.

He played well! Really, you think this rams team is better than the 2016 team? I already knew they were better than the 2017 and 2018 teams.
Yes I think so. That team was really good as well. I think I remember your defensive ends were not as big in 2016, but there was a slender build DE or walk up linebacker that was impossible to block with his speed. Caused all kinds of issues with us trying to get anything off the edge. I just think this team may be a more complete team position for position but not trying to single out any players for either team. Pinnix has the ability to take off and do damage running on almost every play and the line was huge and athletic this year.

Speed kills. Good year for both teams and quality programs, coaching and community support.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Yes I think so. That team was really good as well. I think I remember your defensive ends were not as big in 2016, but there was a slender build DE or walk up linebacker that was impossible to block with his speed. Caused all kinds of issues with us trying to get anything off the edge. I just think this team may be a more complete team position for position but not trying to single out any players for either team. Pinnix has the ability to take off and do damage running on almost every play and the line was huge and athletic this year.
#18 DE for Reidsville is a freshman and against WRH and NE they had another freshman on the other side #15. He will be the qb this fall. I think we will see Reidsville competing to defend this title in the fall.

otis...just saw your text and yes I got in the game o.k...bought a drink and thought of you....left the cup behind tho.....wish you could;ve come....I'll try to get in touch with u later about the thing u asked me about....football season starts again in about 14 weeks...Rams have a lot of holes to fill but there are talented young ones coming back...will probably take some lumps early with Western and Eastern Alamance on the schedule..............

Reactions: Otis4411 and UNC91
otis...just saw your text and yes I got in the game o.k...bought a drink and thought of you....left the cup behind tho.....wish you could;ve come....I'll try to get in touch with u later about the thing u asked me about....football season starts again in about 14 weeks...Rams have a lot of holes to fill but there are talented young ones coming back...will probably take some lumps early with Western and Eastern Alamance on the schedule..............

we don’t know what they bring back. Remember we thought 2018 was going to be a down year

Ki Rankin will be tough to replace. Him and Floyd both leave big holes. Ki was all over the field. Hopefully he can play at the next level. It's a great opportunity for a young kid to step up and be the man!

#18 DE for Reidsville is a freshman and against WRH and NE they had another freshman on the other side #15. He will be the qb this fall. I think we will see Reidsville competing to defend this title in the fall.
Not from the area but I had a chance to watch Reidsville JV team a few times.. As crazy as it sounds with Pinnix leaving- I think the Rams will be just fine at QB. He would've started for a plenty of varsity teams

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT