ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Heritage vs Reidsville 2a Title Round 4

I only got to see the second half on TV. So I missed all the scoring. WhoaMule, you called it dull. I loved it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To limit a team that averaged over 50 points per game to 7, that saying something. Personally I’d rather see 14 - 7 games than these crazy 49 - 45 types. I’m hoping that’s the kind of mojo Mt. Heritage can put on Reidsville. Tall order I know but I’d love to see it.

Fact24, nothing wrong with running the same play over and over, if it’s working for ya.
Oh I agree. Just made me think a little less of havelock. But if they had their RB who knows.

I only got to see the second half on TV. So I missed all the scoring. WhoaMule, you called it dull. I loved it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To limit a team that averaged over 50 points per game to 7, that saying something. Personally I’d rather see 14 - 7 games than these crazy 49 - 45 types. I’m hoping that’s the kind of mojo Mt. Heritage can put on Reidsville. Tall order I know but I’d love to see it.

Fact24, nothing wrong with running the same play over and over, if it’s working for ya.
Coach Oddo just snickered from above. I know Coach Brown would’ve! They both were buddies and had several great games against each over.
That Catholic bunch is sump’em else!....a great win to honor a Legend... Coach Oddo!

watched some highlights of MH on Hudl...they run a lot of basically a single wing formation with unbalanced line...backs lined up to the strong side and run at you with sweeps,,,etc....pure power....but they also sometimes roll the QB (or really tailback) to the weak side of the line and throw it...usually to people that are uncovered because defenses focus so much on stopping the run....they tackle hard as well....should be a fun game to watch..........

well we have in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and the last 2 of those years it wasn't easy a real war.....we have several key seniors who were sophs and starters in that 2018 game...................

I wonder how many players from heritage started in that 2018 game

watched some highlights of MH on Hudl...they run a lot of basically a single wing formation with unbalanced line...backs lined up to the strong side and run at you with sweeps,,,etc....pure power....but they also sometimes roll the QB (or really tailback) to the weak side of the line and throw it...usually to people that are uncovered because defenses focus so much on stopping the run....they tackle hard as well....should be a fun game to watch..........

Saw them run a hook and lateral type play in one highlight, could be like when we played gw danville where they make you go to sleep the whole game and then throw one bomb for a touchdown to win it. SMH.

Well i sure hope NFHS gets their act together firbthe Teidsville game, so far all i get on the tarborO GAME AND I GET THE MURPHY GAME

Reactions: Mhsneer
Saw them run a hook and lateral type play in one highlight, could be like when we played gw danville where they make you go to sleep the whole game and then throw one bomb for a touchdown to win it. SMH.
lol...that goes back a ways....mid 2000's.....2005 or 2006 right??....I saw Reidsville beat Burlington Williams in 1973 or 74 with Hook and Ladder TD in a game played in Burlington...................

Reactions: Mhsneer
Dont waste your time on the garbage that is NFHS its showing delayed ALEADY

Watch game here

And as I say that, when that old school offense tries to pass, huge sack. I understand you are what you are but you have to be able to pass the ball. Especially against such a talented team in Reidsville.

Reactions: Rammer16
This reminds me the Clinton football of old playing a west team. We have to be able to run it to win, we have to slow down their offense which can score in seconds.

Contrasting styles to say the least.

Each team with 1 offensive possession. End of 1Q. MH takes like 7 min off clock only to punt, Reidsville scores in like 5 plays.

7-0 end of 1Q

MH pounding it again. At Reidsville 35. They have over 11min of TOP but trail 7-0.

MH best play has been pounding middle, Reidsville to fast to run on perimeter and MH can’t pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT