ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

Assuming your talking about me as I think im the only East Wilkes poster on here or at least the only regular posting one. I havent bashed MA at all, actually bragged on the overall team speed, AND on this very thread said that if you turn the ball over to MA you will lose. The only thing I've bashed is their arrogant fan base that get on here and make thread after thread and chest thump like crazy. For the NWC and JK sake I hope MA does win it all, as for you fans to brag about it for the next year, no way, I hope Robbinsville sends you back home whining.
They really don’t imderstand why the whole area hates them…

Thanks guys. We’ve had our fair share the last 3 weeks. Daughter had the crupe and parainfluenza first. Wife got it and then I got it. We all got better and then the next week my wife got Covid. She’s been over Covid a week and now my daughter is sick with what they think is the flu.
Prayer for her to have a quick recovery. 🙏 🙏 🙏

They really don’t imderstand why the whole area hates them…
It's not just MA in this area. When West Stokes had a good basketball team in 2011(beat W-S prep 3 times) during the conference tournament East Surry, South Stokes,North Stokes fans were all pulling for Prep. Pulling for a school that recruited the whole state. It's just how it is up here in Surry and Stokes. There will be some like myself that always pulls for the local schools in the playoffs.

They really dont imderstand why the whole area hates them…
I never heard anyone mention hating Mount Airy but you & EWCards#1, Mr. Candyman. And what does imderstand mean? do you get nervous when talking about Mount Airy and do not look at what you are typing ? Birdman and Candyman hate Mount Airy and we think you 2 are just jealous. lol

Reactions: buzzcoach
Are you talking about the Hayesville/CTK playoff game in the second round? That game was actually played and won 13-12 at CTK with their inadequate facilities. LoL
I thought they moved it. They should have. Not enough bleachers for a soccer game much less football. But there was talk of wanting it moved.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I can’t believe it. Kick off tomorrow night… I bet none of the boys on either team can sleep from excitement? What build up to a game also! These two teams been on a collision course all year and it’s about to finally happen! Good luck to both teams. What an honor to even play on a team to get this far and to play for such historical programs. And I mean that with nothing but respect to both teams! Wish MA a safe trip to all that go to the game. I hope it’s a great hard fought, clean, penalty and injury free game! Let the boys decide it and not the flags. I hope it’s perfect football weather down there for everyone too. The funny part is everyone of us on this thread would give anything to suit up one more time lol! Lol not sure if I could have ever made either one of those teams but the passion is there from all of us! Good luck to both teams!!!

GO BLACK KNIGHTS!!!

The skill level that is a part of both these teams is just amazing. The speeds a good number of these young men run is almost unbelievable. And I know, at least on Mt Airy's part, and I believe on Robbinsville's part, the times being quoted are college timed times.

And the weight room work. Heck, we did not even have a weight room when I went to a 3A newly consolidated high school. I did not play football in part because I had just played in a Babe Ruth State Championship Tournment and looked at who was going out for football (guys that had not played football before) and, by in large, were not "athletes" in my opinion. Most could not have made the Statesville Babe Ruth Allstar Team.

Now I look at these youngmen and, omg, they are ATHLETES of the first order.

Good luck to all tomorrow night and be safe. Look forward to being there.

Reactions: RealStihl
My prediction. Mayberry by 2 scores. Close game at the half. Maybe even tied. Adkins gets the best of Walsh at halftime with adjustments, and pulls away late. Hate I'm going to miss it tomorrow night.

Whoever wins, go win the ship

I thought they moved it. They should have. Not enough bleachers for a soccer game much less football. But there was talk of wanting it moved.
Yes. But the deadline for filing a request to have the game moved is 11 AM on Monday . Hayesville was not aware of the facilities till Monday afternoon.

See you did it again. Either you are pulling for MA & your conference or not. The fans everywhere brag about their teams when they are winning. So you are saying you did not brag on East Wilkes when Adkins was there and they had a great team for a year or two ? Don't make me go back to the boards for that year and repost your bragging.
I never said I did or didn't brag, you're bringing up non sense TD. Never had any issues with you, actually sided with you during all your squabbles with Buzz but if you feel the need to sit here and go through years of post back to 2015 when EW had the 1 seed and lost to Mitchell in the 3rd rd, help your self. I never said I bragged or didn't brag. Honestly I can't even remember that far back but I'm pretty humble so I'm not sure what you may even find.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Me, WNC Bowhunter and the Kid are the only real deer hunters on here besides you. I’d pay good for that trip. 😁

Oh boy I don’t know what I did trying to post you fellows a pic but I can’t reply or anything?? Shows a blue line and something went wrong lol?? You fellows come up anytime ya want to! We will have a good ol’ time! I can’t figure out how to post a pic for ya??

I never heard anyone mention hating Mount Airy but you & EWCards#1, Mr. Candyman. And what does imderstand mean? do you get nervous when talking about Mount Airy and do not look at what you are typing ? Birdman and Candyman hate Mount Airy and we think you 2 are just jealous. lol
I dont ever even recall anyone saying they hated MA. TD bud are you ok? You off your meds or something? You just digging for something or what?

I never said I did or didn't brag, you're bringing up non sense TD. Never had any issues with you, actually sided with you during all your squabbles with Buzz but if you feel the need to sit here and go through years of post back to 2015 when EW had the 1 seed and lost to Mitchell in the 3rd rd, help your self. I never said I bragged or didn't brag. Honestly I can't even remember that far back but I'm pretty humble so I'm not sure what you may even find.
Sorry, I was not referring to you putting me down but just Mount Airy in general. I don't remember you ever saying anything bad about me. And in my post on this, I said there you go again when you said: I hope MA does win it all, as for you fans to brag about it for the next year, no way, I hope Robbinsville sends you back home whining.
Because of the fans bragging you would wish MA to lose. Don't take it out on MA because of the few of us fans that post on here. We go wild when they are doing great and are quiet when they don't do good so I guess we very seldom of ever being quiet. lol... We had just as much fun when East Surry was winning the conference that 3 or 4 years or was it 5 years ?

Safe travels, we'd rather talk to ya than about ya.
Remember, some young men's football careers will end in a little over 24hrs. I still remember my oldest son asking me if I knew how long forever was, because that was the next time he'd have the chance to put that uniform back on. He says the only thing remotely close to walking down the steps and across the stands on a Friday night under the lights is being on pit road at Bristol when they fire em up. Still not the same.

I hope both sides enjoy the opportunity thats before them because you are not guaranteed the same trip next year.

Wicked, hope the kiddo feels better soon

On a personal note
Thanks for the entertainment on here the past few weeks. I had pretty serious neck surgery about 6 weeks ago. The possibility of being paralyzed has a way of getting your priorities in the proper order. Hopefully y'all aren't as hard headed as me and can do that on your own. I'm well on the way to being much better than before. God's good is all I can say.

Go Big Red
#27Forever

Remember, some young men's football careers will end in a little over 24hrs. I still remember my oldest son asking me if I knew how long forever was, because that was the next time he'd have the chance to put that uniform back on. He says the only thing remotely close to walking down the steps and across the stands on a Friday night under the lights is being on pit road at Bristol when they fire em up. Still not the same.

I hope both sides enjoy the opportunity thats before them because you are not guaranteed the same trip next year.

On a personal note
Thanks for the entertainment on here the past few weeks. I had pretty serious neck surgery about 6 weeks ago. The possibility of being paralyzed has a way of getting your priorities in the proper order. Hopefully y'all aren't as hard headed as me and can do that on your own. I'm well on the way to being much better than before. God's good is all I can say.

Go Big Red
#27Forever
I am so sorry to hear that Big Red. I hope and pray you are doing good. Are you going to listen to the game on the radio tomorrow night ? I know you will be pulling for the BEARS ! ;) ;)

I am so sorry to hear that Big Red. I hope and pray you are doing good. Are you going to listen to the game on the radio tomorrow night ? I know you will be pulling for the BEARS ! ;) ;)
Lord willing I'll tune it in.
I'm doing better than they thought and way better than I deserve.

TD, nothing personal but I don't think the devil is selling snow cones yet.... when he does i might entertain the idea lol

On a personal note

Go Big Red
#27Forever
Thanks my friend. Hope everything goes good in your road to recovery. God is good. You got that right.

Here is you a quick pic of one of my bucks. Is this an avatar? I got a pic of my mounted ones but can’t figure out how to post it??

The 1925 Mount Airy High Football Team
Mount Airy High School has a long rich history of football

404766854_6896126367133670_4234283210090078006_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RealStihl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT