ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

I seem to recall an SMC team made CTK change location last year and also had Bishop change location in basketball because they couldn't accommodate the crowd.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Robbinsville been hosting big time playoff games for years. Venue change is not going to happen. It will hold as many people that wants to come
Y'all have made everyone believe there is not going to be any seating for Mount Airy and I guess MA High School requested the change due to the seating and it is a really important game for both teams. I heard they were getting so many calls to the school wanting to know if they could get a seat and the school made a call to the NCHSAA I guess. Just my opinion of what may have happened. You better turn on your radios because Robbinsville is probably getting so many calls now that you may not get through.

Y'all have made everyone believe there is not going to be any seating for Mount Airy and I guess MA High School requested the change due to the seating and it is a really important game for both teams. I heard they were getting so many calls to the school wanting to know if they could get a seat and the school made a call to the NCHSAA I guess. Just my opinion of what may have happened.
Doesn’t matter what Mt. Airy wants. Game is being played at the Big Oaks

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Y’all should be able to find a place to tailgate. Once y’all do, let me know l. I’ll try to stop by for a few minutes and shoot the bull with yuns.
Tailgating is probably on hold. Not going to haul grill or Smoker up there in this rain but probably go to eat somewhere and you are welcome to come join.

Reactions: Bearmod1
I will repost the options of listing to the game on 2 radio stations out of Mount Airy tomorrow sometime, 2 AM stations & 2 FM stations live and streaming. Probably an hour or 2 before the game so you won't have to go back far looking for it so notice the post number and it will be easier to find it.

Time for the SMC to get civil about the game because you have had your fun this week. I do like how the SMC backs their playoff team unlike the dumbass NWC does the opposite for Mount Airy and I am mainly talking about one from Elkin & one from East Wilkes that are so jealous of Mount Airy and always putting them down. I always pull for local teams if Mount Airy loses but if I am still on here in years to come I will give those 2 guys I am referring to a rough time but not their teams.
I also pull for the WEST team in the Championship game no matter who makes it as I did Mitchell and East Surry as of lately.

The only question now is where is BK ? I have never seen him this quiet all week leading up to a game. Mount Airy must have him really worried and we may not hear from him for a while and a really long while if Mount Airy wins. And I thought I got worried leading up to a big game for Mount Airy, lol. I guess that comes with age because it did not used to bother me.

BK is waiting for everyone to head to Robbinsville Friday to start his posts or again we may not hear from him at all. I do hope he is ok and this game doesn't have him worried sick. LOL, IF Robbinsville was to win no one would be able to get a post in because BK would have so many back-to-back posts no one could get in a post.

I do hope neither team has any injuries tomorrow night and is healthy to beat Tarboro next Saturday at noon. (SHOWDOWN @ Noon) BEARS get the Western Championship and bring it back home to add to last year, ;) :cool:
Assuming your talking about me as I think im the only East Wilkes poster on here or at least the only regular posting one. I havent bashed MA at all, actually bragged on the overall team speed, AND on this very thread said that if you turn the ball over to MA you will lose. The only thing I've bashed is their arrogant fan base that get on here and make thread after thread and chest thump like crazy. For the NWC and JK sake I hope MA does win it all, as for you fans to brag about it for the next year, no way, I hope Robbinsville sends you back home whining.

Tailgating is probably on hold. Not going to haul grill or Smoker up there in this rain but probably go to eat somewhere and you are welcome to come join.
Let me know when and where. May be able to make it. Currently delivering drinks to the Robbinsville concession stand now. I’d hope if the venue was going to change, they’d know by now. At least we will have good ice cold Coca-Cola

Assuming your talking about me as I think im the only East Wilkes poster on here or at least the only regular posting one. I havent bashed MA at all, actually bragged on the overall team speed, AND on this very thread said that if you turn the ball over to MA you will lose. The only thing I've bashed is their arrogant fan base that get on here and make thread after thread and chest thump like crazy. For the NWC and JK sake I hope MA does win it all, as for you fans to brag about it for the next year, no way, I hope Robbinsville sends you back home whining.
See you did it again. Either you are pulling for MA & your conference or not. The fans everywhere brag about their teams when they are winning. So you are saying you did not brag on East Wilkes when Adkins was there and they had a great team for a year or two ? Don't make me go back to the boards for that year and repost your bragging.

Just make the trip down the mountain and come watch this game at big oaks.
I wouldn't go even if it was Mitchell playing. Unless it's to a family members house I don't drive any further than Asheville or Johnson City by myself anymore, while I can drive fine the issue is with my messed spine and chronic pain at the game something can happen to me in a snap of a finger once my oldest brother even had to come to Weaverville and get me one night after I driving back from Asheville after having two MRI's because my pain got so bad.

I wouldn't go even if it was Mitchell playing. Unless it's to a family members house I don't drive any further than Asheville or Johnson City by myself anymore, while I can drive fine the issue is with my messed spine and chronic pain at the game something can happen to me in a snap of a finger once my oldest brother even had to come to Weaverville and get me one night after I driving back from Asheville after having two MRI's because my pain got so bad.
Good grief. Hate to hear that. Hope you enjoy the show in the comfort of your own home then.

I seem to recall an SMC team made CTK change location last year and also had Bishop change location in basketball because they couldn't accommodate the crowd.
Your wrong. They should of changed the CTK site they had little seating and at halftime no locker room for the players despite an approaching hurricane.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Let me know when and where. May be able to make it. Currently delivering drinks to the Robbinsville concession stand now. I’d hope if the venue was going to change, they’d know by now. At least we will have good ice cold Coca-Cola
Going to be a fun day to deliver tomorrow in this rain. I’m looking so forward to it

Reactions: sbbbfan
What does the Asheville Citizen Times have to say about this game. I am not going to subscribe to read two articles. Thanks

I heard Mayberry requested the game be played at Bank of America since real football hasn't been played there in seasons and they need bigger space for the tailgating crowd. They will file a petition with the City of Charlotte during an emergency meeting tonight to be the permanent residents of BOA removing a longstanding contract with the Panthers. No word on where the Panthers will relocate to, but the rumor is a Petsmart in Charlotte in the kitty cat adoption area.

Good try 😂 Again, why is MA even in the 1A if you have so many fans and players 😂 You need more practice at shooting the BULL
I have been reading all the BULL from up your way all week and decided to let y'all have a taste of it, lol. It's time for all to be serious about the game. It is now 25 & 1/2 hours away.

Last edited:
Okay...I will talk some football. Keys to a Bears win: Offense- must create explosive plays (20+ yards). Rville defense tough to sustain drives on a very good at limiting long time consuming drives. Most stay ahead of the chains by limiting penalties. Very effective defense on 3rd and 5+ yards. Must complete quick outs or quick slants. Their DBs are really fast and cover well on down field passes. We need our athletes to get the ball and create big plays. LBs are solid fundamentally and very seldom get out of position. DEFENSE: must cover the 2 step drop quick slant passes, the quick 3-4 yd curls and the passes to Adams/Calhoun coming out of the backfield. Good passing team but not ER good...good enough to move the chains and control tempo. Must Stop the 2pt conversion and keep the pressure on them. Make them one dimensional by putting them in 3rd and long situations. Adam's is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball so MA must tackle well in the open field. Bottom line for me is: gotta play well up front on both sides of the ball. Special teams may be the difference in who wins this game. My wife and I will be there and hope to see some of you good folks.

Okay...I will talk some football. Keys to a Bears win: Offense- must create explosive plays (20+ yards). Rville defense tough to sustain drives on a very good at limiting long time consuming drives. Most stay ahead of the chains by limiting penalties. Very effective defense on 3rd and 5+ yards. Must complete quick outs or quick slants. Their DBs are really fast and cover well on down field passes. We need our athletes to get the ball and create big plays. LBs are solid fundamentally and very seldom get out of position. DEFENSE: must cover the 2 step drop quick slant passes, the quick 3-4 yd curls and the passes to Adams/Calhoun coming out of the backfield. Good passing team but not ER good...good enough to move the chains and control tempo. Must Stop the 2pt conversion and keep the pressure on them. Make them one dimensional by putting them in 3rd and long situations. Adam's is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball so MA must tackle well in the open field. Bottom line for me is: gotta play well up front on both sides of the ball. Special teams may be the difference in who wins this game. My wife and I will be there and hope to see some of you good folks.
I also think it would be good for the Bears get off to a fast start and not a slow one.

Go to Facebook and search BearFan Anon its Bears own hype video!
I believe that is more our speed right there. Good job on the video . I didn’t have a problem with the music. Time to lay the smack down shortlly in @ 24 hrs.

Last edited:
Reactions: buzzcoach
Thanks guys. We’ve had our fair share the last 3 weeks. Daughter had the crupe and parainfluenza first. Wife got it and then I got it. We all got better and then the next week my wife got Covid. She’s been over Covid a week and now my daughter is sick with what they think is the flu.
Hopefully be good for Christmas

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT