ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

Simmons got things a little wrong this past Friday night. Missed all 4 4A games. Missed 1 of 4 3A games and 2 of 2A games, even though one he missed he called even and it turned out a 3 point game. It will be interesting to see what they project this week.

My thoughts are that Robbinsville will not be able to stop Mt Airy's offense, not even slow it down. No one else has this year and Eastern Randolph's had shown itself to be doggone GOOD all year long.

Mt Airy's Defense has come close to stopping every offense it faced but ER found a way, in the first half, with a great passing QB and awesome offense. But the Bears D figured it out and shut it down in the 2nd half.

48 to 14 is what I project. Bears move on the Chapel Hill.

As I have said all year long on this venue, what will decide Mt Airy's fate is what is between their ears. My belief is they are clear headed, focus is laser sharp and playing with a chip on their shoulders. And worse of all, they are healthy.

Simmons got things a little wrong this past Friday night. Missed all 4 4A games. Missed 1 of 4 3A games and 2 of 2A games, even though one he missed he called even and it turned out a 3 point game. It will be interesting to see what they project this week.

My thoughts are that Robbinsville will not be able to stop Mt Airy's offense, not even slow it down. No one else has this year and Eastern Randolph's had shown itself to be doggone GOOD all year long.

Mt Airy's Defense has come close to stopping every offense it faced but ER found a way, in the first half, with a great passing QB and awesome offense. But the Bears D figured it out and shut it down in the 2nd half.

48 to 14 is what I project. Bears move on the Chapel Hill.

As I have said all year long on this venue, what will decide Mt Airy's fate is what is between their ears. My belief is they are clear headed, focus is laser sharp and playing with a chip on their shoulders. And worse of all, they are healthy.
Not even slow it down huh?

Here are the 6 closest margins for both teams:
Robbinsville: -36, 5, 6, 6, 6, and 17.
Mt Airy: 21, 32, 38, 42, 42, and 42.

All other games for both teams were larger margins.

Havent you seen latest weather?
You talking about this.

GAEGZSaXsAE80xi.jpg

Ok. Here is a non-Football question or request (after some background). From December 1985 until February 1987, my wife and I and our first child lived in Robbinsville in the Stanley Furniture Company house up on the hill overlooking the furniture plant. My job was to open a plant that was closed and with the help of many we were to get the plant up and running profitably employing over 400. The people of Robbinsville did that. Best workforce I ever had. We went to First Baptist church where Clifford Holland was the pastor. We were good friends with Doug and Hazel Millsap, Jack and Linda Millsap, and Craig and Connie Millsap. Some of the people I worked with at Stanley were Robert Orr, Randall Atwood, John Barlow, OP Holder, and many more I can't remember either their first or last name. I would love to see some of the people I worked with. I know it has been over 36 years since I left and many have probably passed on. If anyone could help us reunite, we would appreciate it. My wife will be with me. She had a lot of friends there too.

We are looking forward to returning and seeing all the changes. When we lived there, the eating places were Hardees, Phillips, or The Other Place until The Dungeon opened. The only other franchise store besides Hardees was a Benjamin Franklin. No Franchise grocery stores, no franchise hotels, and no hospital. Looking forward to seeing Robbinsville. Good luck to both teams. Safe travels to my fellow Bears.

We still have several cans of whip-ass we have not opened yet, so who is worried. Travel is my problem for the teams and fans. Travel time is less to Raleigh for the state playoffs than from some schools to those western mountain schools, so that is why I think a central location for the western finals is a good Idea.
Up here we call it whoop a$$😀

This is page 18 post 696 this morning at 6:08 am and we are on page 25 now headed toward page 26.
Didn’t the thread between you and Mitchell break or set a record? How many pages was it? I will say this for you MA fans, you are passionate about your team and keep things lively lol!! I truly enjoy reading these!! Best of luck to both teams Friday!! I will be setting by the fireplace in West Virginia trying to follow this game!!

Didn’t the thread between you and Mitchell break or set a record? How many pages was it? I will say this for you MA fans, you are passionate about your team and keep things lively lol!! I truly enjoy reading these!! Best of luck to both teams Friday!! I will be setting by the fireplace in West Virginia trying to follow this game!!
I think it set a 1A record or one for Mount Airy & Mitchell anyway. Not sure who started that thread. That was 2021 and I don't remember who started it. I think this Mount Airy vs Robbinsville thread has passed the Mount Airy Mitchell thread already, but this one got an earlier start I am thinking and it looks like it may better than triple the 2021 MA, MIT. thread.

I will be at home Friday night listening to it on the radio. Yes, Mount Airy fans are passionate about our BEARS. It should be a good game Friday night.

Last edited:
What's the frequency for the Mayberry radio station with bareman on the call?
Live
WSYD 1300 AM or 105.1 FM
WPAQ 740 AM or 106.7 FM

Or stream either at the below sites. Streaming runs about 10 or 15 seconds behind the live game.
https://www.wsyd1300.com/listen-online/ or

Last edited:
Mount Airy 49-7. Go Bears!!!!
My family is pulling for the Smoky Mountain Team, (we then will be pulling for Tarborro 😂) however we would not be surprised if this is the outcome. The two best wins Robbinsville has this season are against a slightly overrated Swain team. We hope we are incorrect here and we also hope the game is played Thursday so we can attend.

My family is pulling for the Smoky Mountain Team, (we then will be pulling for Tarborro 😂) however we would not be surprised if this is the outcome. The two best wins Robbinsville has this season are against a slightly overrated Swain team. We hope we are incorrect here and we also hope the game is played Thursday so we can attend.
I like how y’all think Swain is overrated. If they would have beaten Robbinsville, MA would be playing them this Friday. Robbinsville also beat Mountain Heritage who was a solid team. Then proceeded to drill the team that put a Heritage out by 30.

19* In In Mount Airy & 15 degrees in Robbinsville this Wednesday morning @ 6 AM. Supposed to be 48* Friday morning in Robbinsville Friday & 40* here and game time in Robbinsville 49* with a chance of rain 35% .

Last edited:
Reactions: RealStihl
Play it Friday or forfiet

Stats for fun don't get all butt hurt 14 GAMES
MA
761 PF 72 PA 55 GAME/5 GAME
ROBB 446 PF 192 PA 32 GAME/14 GAME
MA RUSHING 380 GAME 13 A CARRY=5,294
ROBB 269 GAME 7 A CARRY = 3,771
MA PASSING 60 A GAME
ROBB PASSING 92 A GAME

Reactions: Bearmod1
19* In In Mount Airy & 15 degrees in Robbinsville this Wednesday morning @ 6 AM. Supposed to be 48* Friday morning in Robbinsville Friday & 40* here and game time in Robbinsville 49* with a chance of rain 35% .
Where are you getting your weather from
16 at my house in surry county
- 2 at my house. I’m going to always one up you 😳

Reactions: Untothesehills
Stats for fun don't get all butt hurt 14 GAMES
MA
761 PF 72 PA 55 GAME/5 GAME
ROBB 446 PF 192 PA 32 GAME/14 GAME
MA RUSHING 380 GAME 13 A CARRY=5,294
ROBB 269 GAME 7 A CARRY = 3,771
MA PASSING 60 A GAME
ROBB PASSING 92 A GAME
Strength of schedule has a lot to with those stats.

Reactions: fooozzzballfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT