ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

No dude they were saying a lot of schools that were 1A numbers the years yall won those in the 70s and 80s played in 3A including MA. We are saying what if those schools that played up had played in 1A where they were suppose to how many would Robb have won??? Nobody said anything about yall should played up.
You just proved my point…thanks! By the way, what is the definition of 1A numbers? Not that we care, because we will show up Friday and do what we do!! The past is the past. Only thing that matters to our kids is Friday night. And I’m pretty sure his exact words were “itty-bitty titles”!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
MA had a population of over 7,000 in the 60’s, 70’s & 80’s. For a city school of that size I can not believe you were ever 1A numbers that were playing up. Come on man, I have Google

We will be tailgating at the parking lot of the Veterans Flag Park at 4pm Friday and will be eating breakfast at 8 am sat morning at Lynn's Place if anyone wants to join us. Also so herd that Ronnie Millsap's will be singing the National Anthem.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Honestly... this Friday night will be some seniors last game for sure. The loser will be compared to the past teams that have won or made deep runs. I preach to my kids...love to compete. Alot of kids avoid things for being afraid to fail or lose. The past has no bearing on the outcome.

I just want an evenly ref'd, and injury free game. Do I hope a specific team comes out on top? Absolutely. See you all Friday and look forward to the view on the ride up.

We will be tailgating at the parking lot of the Veterans Flag Park at 4pm Friday and will be eating breakfast at 8 am sat morning at Lynn's Place if anyone wants to join us. Also so herd that Ronnie Millsap's will be singing the National Anthem.
Basically the only place to eat at in the morning in Robbinsville. For lunch Italians restaurant pretty good and if your lucky Tdubbs might be open

I hear they are serving crow Saturday morning. Get you a side of squirrel brain to go with it !!
Make you slap your mama

Kinda takes the ballgame feel away tailgating in an emergency room parking lot lol....and there is no way I would pass up breakfast at the Topton Motel just a few miles south of town.

Was hoping for some Possum meat and brown eyed gravy! Squirrel Brain makes me fart.
Me too 😂 someone might bring you some bear meat. Them fellas in Robbinsville love their bear hunting. They will probably have some treed Friday night

Really not sure how that roughtrader dude hasn’t been banned. He’s been masquerading as an E Surry supporter for a few years now but very clearly uses that as a cloak to appear and post unbiasedly about MA. He’s been overly aggressive with several posters lately and is very sensitive about anyone having a differing opinion about a football team (MA) played by a bunch of (talented) teenagers. It’s a game guy. MA isn’t giving you a ring.

Yes they played them close, Robbinsville pulled all starters when the game was 21-0 in the 3rd and Rabun was still taking deep shots on back up players with 2 minutes left in the game. 2 scores come like that.
Why play a team like that and just down 3 scores you take starters out. That's good game experience hell is it just me or is that just stupid????? Tells me your coach seen that they were 4 times better than you and give up in the 3rd qtr.......just doesn't make since!!!!

Really not sure how that roughtrader dude hasn’t been banned. He’s been masquerading as an E Surry supporter for a few years now but very clearly uses that as a cloak to appear and post unbiasedly about MA. He’s been overly aggressive with several posters lately and is very sensitive about anyone having a differing opinion about a football team (MA) played by a bunch of (talented) teenagers. It’s a game guy. MA isn’t giving you a ring.
You would be shocked if you knew who he was!!!!!

Why play a team like that and just down 3 scores you take starters out. That's good game experience hell is it just me or is that just stupid????? Tells me your coach seen that they were 4 times better than you and give up in the 3rd qtr.......just doesn't make since!!!!
Probably to avoid any serious injuries in a non conference ball game that didn't matter in the grand scheme.

Mount Airy by 14

So far:
  1. Robbinsville has somewhere between 12-15 titles depending on where you look, how you count and what year/what you consider a true title.
  2. MA is in the top three when it comes to games won.
  3. No one outside of the SMC is allowed in the gate because Wildcat10 has already purchased all of the tickets and won't share.
  4. There's a chance of rain, snow, possibly even a tornado, we'll just have to wait for the updates on the hour.
  5. There's only one hotel in town and MA has booked every room because "We coming!!" Except for TD, he wants it to be closer to home, but he still isn't coming.
  6. MA fans aren't sure where to tailgate and keep changing it since it isn't allowed at the high school. However, Buzz has made some phone calls and said they can do it at the little kid school.
  7. Everyone seems to be arguing about weather, food, if tailgating is allowed and where, except RoughAndToughRider. He's just upset.
  8. Robbinsville played a good team early in the season and MA fans don't understand why they pulled starters when no chance of pulling out the win.
  9. MA is faster than NM and just as physical as any if not more than any SMC team.
  10. THSRudeBoyz is the only trying to get this thread on track.
  11. As many posts as this thread has, I'm personally surprised how everyone is staying civil (except that toughRider poster).
I'm sure I missed something...Who's playing again?

Well for one, we couldn’t get any other team on the schedule in the area, secondly why would your risk getting some players injured in a game that has no bearing other than to fill a empty slot on the schedule.

So far:
  1. Robbinsville has somewhere between 12-15 titles depending on where you look, how you count and what year/what you consider a true title.
  2. MA is in the top three when it comes to games won.
  3. No one outside of the SMC is allowed in the gate because Wildcat10 has already purchased all of the tickets and won't share.
  4. There's a chance of rain, snow, possibly even a tornado, we'll just have to wait for the updates on the hour.
  5. There's only one hotel in town and MA has booked every room because "We coming!!" Except for TD, he wants it to be closer to home, but he still isn't coming.
  6. MA fans aren't sure where to tailgate and keep changing it since it isn't allowed at the high school. However, Buzz has made some phone calls and said they can do it at the little kid school.
  7. Everyone seems to be arguing about weather, food, if tailgating is allowed and where, except RoughAndToughRider. He's just upset.
  8. Robbinsville played a good team early in the season and MA fans don't understand why they pulled starters when no chance of pulling out the win.
  9. MA is faster than NM and just as physical as any if not more than any SMC team.
  10. THSRudeBoyz is the only trying to get this thread on track.
  11. As many posts as this thread has, I'm personally surprised how everyone is staying civil (except that toughRider poster).
I'm sure I missed something...Who's playing again?
200w.gif

Reactions: BlackKnightPride23
in 70s and 80s MA had 5,000-7,000 people and Graham County was the same, Graham County is a county school and MA a city school. Only HS evre in Graham county was and is Robbinsville. Surry County had and has 4 HSs. N surry, E Surry, S Central, MA and Elkin. MA/ELKIN city schools. All these schools in 70s early 80s had under LOW NUMBERS and played up in 3A. tHEY ALL COULD PLAYED IN 1a but petitioned state to play up as 1A WAS watered down and most the 1A teams were up in the western mountains. My info is from someone who lived there then and is an Historian.

You guys need to lighten up a bit. All this tailgating nonsense and stuff was jerking your chains and you took it so serious that you had to call administration today just to get permission for something that is already allowed. Woooooo!
laugh-ron-burgundy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT