ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy vs Robbinsville Western Regional Final

LoL Yes some Robbinsville fans sit on the visitors side. I’m sure there will be plenty of seats for the MA folks. Doubt their fans travel all that well. Pack the dramamine.
Oh but you are wrong bear nation going to surprise you with turnout for this coming Friday. Expect a large visitor crowd like we took to ER and championship game last year.

They may shut the whole town of robbinsville down next Friday cause the bears coming to town. Lol. That air got to be light and cut peoples brain waves off the way they talk. You all ought to be ranked top 5 in country to hear you talk and as good as you all have got over the season. Maybe you should play rubon again and you would beat them too. Lmao
Don't have a dog in this fight since I'm from Murphy(and that was intentional lol) but you throwing shade at posters for talking up their team is the very definition of both hypocrisy and irony.

I would like to inject something the Murphy fan said in a earlier post about having seen the Robbinsville team in person and the MA team in person. He has not seen THIS team in person that Robbinsville has now. They are leaps and bounds a different team than what he saw play earlier in the year . Is that enough for Robbinsville? NO
MA 35
Rville 20

I would like to inject something the Murphy fan said in a earlier post about having seen the Robbinsville team in person and the MA team in person. He has not seen THIS team in person that Robbinsville has now. They are leaps and bounds a different team than what he saw play earlier in the year . Is that enough for Robbinsville? NO
MA 35
Rville 20
I wouldn't question that Robbinsville has improved plenty since they played Murphy. Walsh and staff have no doubt coached those boys up and made plenty of adjustments since then. But here's the deal, when you have two well coached football teams (both Robbinsville and Mount Airy unquestionably are) going at it, it comes down to the athletes on the field and objectively speaking Mount Airy just has more "dudes". Is that a guarantee of anything? No. But more often than not, it really is that simple.

Last edited:
You said that north Rowan had as much speed as us and you said you all were as fast as us. That is in black and white in this thread and all I said is we will be there Friday and you can back that up then. And to listen to your fellow counterparts on that subject. It will not be fought in the trenches as much as you want it to be. I respect you all and what you have accomplished but you all say some delusional things when it comes to us. Our track record the last three seasons other than the Mitchell game in 2021 speaks for itself. I am just glad we get to let the kids prove it.
I bet North Rowan has every bit as much speed as you all do. They are very fast. #6, #2 and #3 were all fast. That doesn’t mean anything. North Rowan relied heavily on speed beating us and it just won’t work. We know what MA brings to the table but relying on your speed alone will not win you the game. How is that saying anything negative about MA? You are looking for things to write home about. I’ve never said Robbinsville had as much speed as MA either. I said Cuttler Adams was the fastest guy on the field last night. He may be Friday too. He may not. It’s yet to be seen. The combination of speed, power and execution is what will win the game for MA Friday if that’s the result. The same will be said for Robbinsville.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
So essentially you are saying they are incapable of hosting this game.
Where in the world did you come up with that. It’s first come first served. All though the Fire Marshal might have something to say about how many can go into game. Just something to think about before you drive 6 hours. Again I’m just trying to give friendly advice

Reactions: BlueVols
How good is this rville defense? NR was probably averaging over 200 rushing a game and got -44 last night. Any feedback from neutral posters? Murphy, swain, or Mtn Heritage?
Solid d. If d line can occupy blockers, lbs will make tackles.
Seen Mt Airy play Murphy.
Seen Robbinsville play Murphy.
This game, in my opinion will be closer than most anticipate.
Would not be surprised to see Dee run some Notre Dame box with the backs he has. Good change of pace!

I just heard up on Main Street Mayberry at CHRISTmas parade that the Bears were heading to mountains early Tuesday morning. They want to make sure they are early enough to find somewhere close to park charter bus. However they do have a contingency plan to park at ingles and Uber in , 2 players at a time. I think Goober is gonna drive the bus and Barney is gonna chaperone

I just heard up on Main Street Mayberry at CHRISTmas parade that the Bears were heading to mountains early Tuesday morning. They want to make sure they are early enough to find somewhere close to park charter bus. However they do have a contingency plan to park at ingles and Uber in , 2 players at a time. I think Goober is gonna drive the bus and Barney is gonna chaperone
Uber? Robbinsville? 😂

Where in the world did you come up with that. It’s first come first served. All though the Fire Marshal might have something to say about how many can go into game. Just something to think about before you drive 6 hours. Again I’m just trying to give friendly advice
And you don't see where that would be an issue for people driving 5 hours away to possibly be turned away or incapable of seeing the game. I came up with that from your comments. If that's true, as nice as the atmosphere maybe, that would be unacceptable.

MA brings more than speed in they are strong and very physical. Can beat you inside as well as outside. D is quick to the ball and kicker who doesn't come off the field will be the best you have seen. As for no room in bleachers who cares as long as the Bus can get in to the Feild and players can get to the Feild we good. Will be great game by two well coaches teams.

I posted this in a thread on Nov. 1 and thought it needed posting again. Playoff game seating requirements. Does Big Oak have 500 visitor seats ? The stadium now seats 1,665, up from 1,500 before the renovations. The population of Robbinsville was 597 in the 2020 census. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbinsville,_North_Carolina

4.5.5 Playoffs (General Requirements, Officials, Press Conference, Sites)
(a) Minimum Seating Requirements are as Follows - Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500; Class 2A – host 1450, visitors 750; Class 3A – host 2000, visitors 1000; Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500. (1) The NCHSAA has authority to move a playoff game when the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host school meets the minimum seating requirements. (2) If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the expense shall be that of the host school. (3) If the visiting team has a complaint regarding the playing facility, it shall be registered by noon on the Monday preceding the game. In the event of such a complaint, the NCHSAA shall have the authority to appoint a committee to investigate the facilities. This committee shall be vested with the full authority to set the site for the game. (4) If a neutral site is selected, the representatives of the two playing schools shall meet with a representative of the school furnishing the neutral field to agree on game management. (b) Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. (c) Game ball - The Wilson GST Football (WTF1003B) or GST Prime Football (WTF1103) are the official footballs of the NCHSAA championship and playoffs (with NFHS authenticating ball mark). (d) Selection of Officials (1) For the first two rounds of the state playoffs, officials are to be assigned by the regional supervisor of the higher-seeded team. (2) The NCHSAA Director of Officiating Services will assign a regional supervisor to assign crews to games in the quarterfinals and NCHSAA regionals. (3) Clock operators may be assigned starting with the second round, but this is strictly optional for schools. Clock Operators are the responsibility of the host school for playoffs; however, the use of a Clock Operator is not an allowable game expense. (4) The NCHSAA Director of Officiating Services will assign crews to all state championship games. A seven-man crew will be used in the championship games. (e) Championship Press Conference - A press conference and information session preceding the football championships will be held on Monday, December 4.. (1) All regional champions who qualify for the state finals are asked to bring their superintendent, principal, athletic director, head football coach and members of the media who cover their team. (2) This information session/press conference is mandatory; at least one of the aforementioned personnel from the school must be in attendance. (3) Failure to comply will include a penalty and possible forfeiture of complimentary tickets/VIP passes for the event. (f) State Championships - The state championships are scheduled for December 8-9, and sites and times will be announced on the NCHSAA Website. The Western teams will be designated as home.

Last edited:
Reactions: RealStihl
I posted this in a thread on Nov. 1 and thought it needed posting again. Playoff game seating requirements. Does Big Oak have 500 visitor seats ? The stadium now seats 1,665, up from 1,500 before the renovations. The population of Robbinsville was 597 in the 2020 census. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbinsville,_North_Carolina

(a) Minimum Seating Requirements are as Follows - Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500; Class 2A – host 1450, visitors 750; Class 3A – host 2000, visitors 1000; Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500. (1) The NCHSAA has authority to move a playoff game when the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host school meets the minimum seating requirements. (2) If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the expense shall be that of the host school. (3) If the visiting team has a complaint regarding the playing facility, it shall be registered by noon on the Monday preceding the game. In the event of such a complaint, the NCHSAA shall have the authority to appoint a committee to investigate the facilities. This committee shall be vested with the full authority to set the site for the game. (4) If a neutral site is selected, the representatives of the two playing schools shall meet with a representative of the school furnishing the neutral field to agree on game management. (b) Game time is set for 7:00 p.m. (c) Game ball - The Wilson GST Football (WTF1003B) or GST Prime Football (WTF1103) are the official footballs of the NCHSAA championship and playoffs (with NFHS authenticating ball mark). (d) Selection of Officials (1) For the first two rounds of the state playoffs, officials are to be assigned by the regional supervisor of the higher-seeded team. (2) The NCHSAA Director of Officiating Services will assign a regional supervisor to assign crews to games in the quarterfinals and NCHSAA regionals. (3) Clock operators may be assigned starting with the second round, but this is strictly optional for schools. Clock Operators are the responsibility of the host school for playoffs; however, the use of a Clock Operator is not an allowable game expense. (4) The NCHSAA Director of Officiating Services will assign crews to all state championship games. A seven-man crew will be used in the championship games. (e) Championship Press Conference - A press conference and information session preceding the football championships will be held on Monday, December 4.. (1) All regional champions who qualify for the state finals are asked to bring their superintendent, principal, athletic director, head football coach and members of the media who cover their team. (2) This information session/press conference is mandatory; at least one of the aforementioned personnel from the school must be in attendance. (3) Failure to comply will include a penalty and possible forfeiture of complimentary tickets/VIP passes for the event. (f) State Championships - The state championships are scheduled for December 8-9, and sites and times will be announced on the NCHSAA Website. The Western teams will be designated as home.
Yes they have well over 500 visitor seats , of which will be occupied Wednesday and Thursday by Rville and SMC fans..

You don't have to worry about seating at Robbinsville people. They've had bigger crowds than next Friday in the past I'm sure. It's not a better place to watch a game than Boyce Dietz Field though. #shotsfired

Reactions: Usdi Watali
You don't have to worry about seating at Robbinsville people. They've had bigger crowds than next Friday in the past I'm sure. It's not a better place to watch a game than Boyce Dietz Field though. #shotsfired
We.not worried we know these guys are full of it. Been to Swain one time and thought it was nice stadium with a lot of seating.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
And you don't see where that would be an issue for people driving 5 hours away to possibly be turned away or incapable of seeing the game. I came up with that from your comments. If that's true, as nice as the atmosphere maybe, that would be unacceptable.
Have you ever went to a big event only to get there and be sold out ? This is true small rural 1A football. Our stadiums can only set so many and they are only so much standing room. Our schools are not teams that were once 4A, 3A or 2A that had stadiums to accommodate those size of programs then many schools dropped down one maybe 2 classifications with all that room for higher attendance. Remember this will be the biggest show in Western NC with a lot of teams will make the drive to see this one. If memory serves me right school only has to provide enough visitor seating for 500. But again it will be first come first serve.

Reactions: chair_city_champs

TD home side renovation bleachers seat 1650 now. Up from previous 1,500

Robbinsville does have one Hotel. It’s a Microtel with probably 30 room capacity but it’s probably already booked with the local tractor convention held next weekend. More quality info coming

Reactions: ObserveAndReport
Will the game be on the NFHS Network ? I have it until 12/9/23 and I don't like it but I may listen to the game on the radio and try to watch the game. NFHS is about 20 seconds behind real-time over the radio live. I always listen to the games on the radio.

Robbinsville does have one Hotel. It’s a Microtel with probably 30 room capacity but it’s probably already booked with the local tractor convention held next weekend. More quality info coming
Book your motels 30 minutes before you get to Robbinsville. After retiring from the Newspaper I was the 3rd shift manager at Comfort Inn and they will go up on their prices by 30% or more for Friday night at all motels where there is an event or anything special like holidays or the Autumn Leaves Festival here. Get your motel on the way at least 30 miles out.

Grahamcountysports.com
$7.99
Live stream
It’s been running late as far as getting started so you may need to be patient on the start and just keep refreshing

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT