ADVERTISEMENT

Mt Airy at Bishop - Net Broadcast

bareman

Jun 23, 2001
Tues Jan 19
Wpaq740.com...airtime around 6:15-6:30 with girls game

Clay Mounce's one-handed alley in the first quarter last night was ridiculous. Someone should've sent that thing in to Sportscenter.

He was actually under the basket...amazing that he was able to control that lob with such ease. Was very surprised by how uninspired the MA girls played last night losing by 14 to Bishop.

Such a pleasure to watch the mounce kid play , how he isn't high on the recruiting list I will never know, he can flat out play, best I have seen in our area in a whole lotta years, was totally surprised when I seen the Bears for the first time this year , hadn't seen them talked about at all in the pre season , very young to boot

flew under the radar in preseason but not now...Mounce is a player..period! as for MA girls they went thru the same spill last year....this loss basically gave regular season title to WS Prep....no way they lose 2 games.....lots of good teams in 1A west....finishing 3 or 4 puts you on road in mid rounds

Such a pleasure to watch the mounce kid play , how he isn't high on the recruiting list I will never know, he can flat out play, best I have seen in our area in a whole lotta years

Haven't been able to see Mount Airy this year, but in terms of his college recruiting and whether he's the best in the area in years, how would you compare him to Richard Joyce, who was about the same size and ended up playing ACC ball out of MA a decade or so ago?

I think Joyce was a better ball player. I think one thing that has helped Clay is how weak the boys NW1A conference is this year, as well as the surrounding area. In my opinion, he should have went to FCD or a bigger school last year to play against better competition. I know Joyce did that when he left Mount Airy to go to Oak Hill. The Mount Airy faithful will not like hearing that, but Mounce would have been much better off. He's having a great season no matter what though!

respect your opinion.....it was odd that Joyce left after his junior year and the very next they win it all....I'm one of those that feel if you can play, no matter against who or where, they will find you....it just seems that it has been a slow process with him....this has not been one of the more balanced years in the NW 1A but the teams will be prepared come playoffs because of playing teams like WSPA , MA, and Bishop who is not bad...ES has the ability but no inside game hurts them...playoffs will be intetesting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT