ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Heritage @ Pisgah

“Read it again. I know you inbred Republicans aren’t big on reading, lol.”

Here, I fixed your punctuation and misspelled word for you.
I can tell you’ve been practicing for this moment. I bet you had a gf once that was always giving you shit about your texts lol

I'll eat my crow fellas. While it's never bad when Heritage loses, hehe, I really never expected Pisgah to win, much less be in the driver's seat the whole game. And shut out Heritage.

Don’t think Heritage overlooks anyone. You all played a great game on defense and we could not sustain drives. Holding us on the first drive inside your 25 or 30 cant remember which and the pick 6 set the tone. The defenses spent a lot of time on the field for both teams and held up well.

Reactions: PBBear51
Don’t think Heritage overlooks anyone. You all played a great game on defense and we could not sustain drives. Holding us on the first drive inside your 25 or 30 cant remember which and the pick 6 set the tone. The defenses spent a lot of time on the field for both teams and held up well.
It was great defensive game both ways... It had a playoff game atmosphere feeling... Hats off to M.H. they are great well coached team...

I promise you Pisgah was not overlooked. Hats off to you guys. You had a great game plan and you made no mistakes (turnovers). Congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I promise you Pisgah was not overlooked. Hats off to you guys. You had a great game plan and you made no mistakes (turnovers). Congrats and good luck the rest of the way.
Pisgah was overlooked by the outside fans, and maybe a few MH fans. But I felt like both coaching staffs would have each team ready to play, and they did. Great game, and great atmosphere too!

It's gonna definitively be a shootout and highly defensive, low scoring game with lots of head smashing. I will say this too, we won't be allowed as many mistakes as Heritage and still win. But I have complete confidence in our coaching staff and players, we will be ready.
Bears by 6.
Undershot it by 3.

The Mt. Heritage team may have not overlooked us but just about all of WNC did. Go over to the 1a thread and look at "SMC week6 Pick'em". All but one predicted a Pisgah loss..lol
But again, that's exactly how I love it. We don't need anybody's approval.

Both teams have young good coaches and assistants..MH shut down out jet sweep all night .First times that's happened. Think Korey was leading rushes for the Bears, don't see that often.Plus his long runs were big. Punting was key ,not a lot you can do inside your ten.MH had some good drives but they were between the 20's most of time.Hard hitting game both sides.Thought the Refs did good job by letting them play.It came down to mistakes and they made a big one on the interception.Think both have a good shot at winning their conference.Just my opinion from someone that loves high school football.

Reactions: PBBear51
Yes refs did a decent job. Missed a few holds that is expected and for sure the pass interference in the end zone but that was late in the game and may not have had time to get 2 scores so can’t use that as an excuse.

Already looking forward to our trip to Burnsville next year, may even get to see some family. Even though I remember from experience it's hard get a win down in what I call a dungeon at Burnsville.
If everything goes well, we will be senior heavy next year and that will help.
Defensive line will all be back next year. :)

After the seasoning open game against Pisgah at Murphy, I was talking to one of the other posters on here and he said, "I think by the end of the season we'll realize we just beat a dang good football team.". Well he was wrong. It hasn't taken that long. Congratulations Bears, great win I picked Heritage just because I didn't think Pisgah could score. I figured maybe a 14-0, 14-7 game. That defense is just dang good though.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Pisgah has always played to the level of their opponent. So I had a really good feeling about this game but it makes me worry about some of the games the rest of the season. Hopefully there won't be a let down after the off week.

"MHHS_12, post: Don’t worry we‘re about 3 weeks away from trashing Mitchell at the pit lol #drivefor5

Don’t worry MHHS_12 you guys still have 10 more years to catch up with us since you like to bring up the past. I believe the record is 29-19 in Mitchell’s favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MHHS_12 and Mhsneer
After the seasoning open game against Pisgah at Murphy, I was talking to one of the other posters on here and he said, "I think by the end of the season we'll realize we just beat a dang good football team.". Well he was wrong. It hasn't taken that long. Congratulations Bears, great win I picked Heritage just because I didn't think Pisgah could score. I figured maybe a 14-0, 14-7 game. That defense is just dang good though.
The three turnovers killed us in that game.Can't do that against a good team and expect to win.

Uhhh you know that Mitchell county left yancey in support of the Union right? You do know that the Union won right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh you know that Mitchell county left yancey in support of the Union right? You do know that the Union won right?
Actually just the oposite happened, Yancey county supported the union, Mitchell and what is now Avery split from Yancey county in support of the confederacy lol

Last edited:
Actually as far as the Civil War both Mitchell and Yancey county was pretty split plus you had men who started in the Confederacy but switched sides towards the end because they were offered a pension after the war.
Mitchell becoming a county in 1861 is just a coincidence there a records of meetings to form the new county out of mostly Yancey but also Burke , Caldwell, McDowell and Watauga county had start around 1850. Before Bakersville became the official county seat after the war the first post office after the county was formed was call Davis after Jefferson Davis.
The biggest blocks of Northern sympathizers were in the northern sections close to Tennessee. But Yancey wasn't really anymore union then Mitchell most of the mountain counties were pretty split.
My great grandfather was in the 58th Confederate army.

Reactions: MHHS cougars
The Mt. Heritage team may have not overlooked us but just about all of WNC did. Go over to the 1a thread and look at "SMC week6 Pick'em". All but one predicted a Pisgah loss..lol
But again, that's exactly how I love it. We don't need anybody's approval.

I admit that I did pick MH (I missed the ES - Reidsville game to, how did you do on that?) it's not the first game I've gotten wrong and won't be the last, I thought it would be good a game which it looks like it was.
But some of the other Bears fans admit they got wrong to and plus you know your team better then I do and may have some inside information. But I'm curious, honestly like on the Monday before the game if a gangster put a gun to your head and said that you had to bet every dime you have or maybe your house on that game, who would have you had picked?

I admit that I did pick MH (I missed the ES - Reidsville game to, how did you do on that?) it's not the first game I've gotten wrong and won't be the last, I thought it would be good a game which it looks like it was.
But some of the other Bears fans admit they got wrong to and plus you know your team better then I do and may have some inside information. But I'm curious, honestly like on the Monday before the game if a gangster put a gun to your head and said that you had to bet every dime you have or maybe your house on that game, who would have you had picked?
I picked Pisgah, now to answer your question. Playing at home i would have still picked Pisgah.We had not played a bad game all year .Even with all the problems at Murphy and East Rutheford, turnovers and penalties.Plus the fact that MH does not throw a lot.Hard to run against Pisgah defense,
I have no problem betting but if that happened and I made that bet.My wife would have killed me before the game on Friday.So either way I would be dead.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Well, good thing there isn't many gangstas in Haywood County! Lol.
I was just using a hypothetical maybe it was to out there but to make a point that for most us at least me this game like most all I know about any two teams is maybe comments on here and scores and stats and I make guess on a game that it wasn't that Ithought that Pisgah was a bad team or anything on paper it looked like a good match up.

Last edited:
But I'm curious, honestly like on the Monday before the game if a gangster put a gun to your head and said that you had to bet every dime you have or maybe your house on that game, who would have you had picked?
Your right I know my team in more ways than you have fingers and toes, I pay very close attention to their world, one of them is my world. Known most of the coaches a long time, even friends with some of them, work with some of them. Some of the other posters on here that I am friends with as well, have a very close connection to the man himself. While not an expert like Mr.Bud was, I do know football especially when the Bear's are concerned. I don't always get game predictions right either, especially when I let desire for the Bear's to win gets in the way. To answer your question, yes I would have still predicted Bear's by 6. I've known some of the kids parents for most of my life and some of the kids all their life. Ive seen what they are capable of when the force is with them. I knew the odds of that game we're against us but not like they were when we played Greenville TN. The atmosphere at practice, attitude of the team and what I was witnessing at practice indicated to me that we could overcome the odds that Heritage had in it's favor. I just knew it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT