A 14
@eastwilkeshigh
H 21
@elkin_football
A 28
@AhsSparta
H GO
@MACSchools

Edited for some that may not know the initials.
2022 MA Bear Schedule

8/19 @ North Surry A
8/26 H East Surry H
9/2 H Surry Central H
9/9 @ Ashe Co. A
9/23 @ South Stokes A
9/30 H Starmount H
10/7 @ North Stokes A
10/14 H East Wilkes H
10/21 @ Elkin A
10/28 H Alleghany H GO

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I would have like to have seen MT Airy vs East Surry.. Who would have been the 1 finishing the regular season undefeated? Hopefully, they will play this year.

With the new Mt Airy North Surry Coach, all of you do understand that it will be almost impossible for Mt Airy to win that game. And then with Folger Boaz (Whom maybe one of the best high school QB's in NC) and company next on the schedule, is their any way that the Bears could possibly win both those games back to back?
Mt Airy would have to be "LOADED" and have back to back "Coaching Jobs" of the year!

Is it even possible? Mt Airy opens with 3 2A schools and a 3A. OMG. To not play anybody, they sure are front loading their schedule. What are they thinking????

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
With the new Mt Airy North Surry Coach, all of you do understand that it will be almost impossible for Mt Airy to win that game. And then with Folger Boaz (Whom maybe one of the best high school QB's in NC) and company next on the schedule, is their any way that the Bears could possibly win both those games back to back?
Mt Airy would have to be "LOADED" and have back to back "Coaching Jobs" of the year!

Is it even possible? Mt Airy opens with 3 2A schools and a 3A. OMG. To not play anybody, they sure are front loading their schedule. What are they thinking????

10-1 at worst

Reactions: TD-FridayNight

Ashe County 3A went 1 - 8 & 0-5 in their conference last year. Mount Airy beat them 55-0. Mount Airy will be OK !

So beating Ashe last year mean MA will be ok this year? Good to know.
Robbinsville beat 4a Asheville last year by 3 scores so we should be good also going by your logic. I think Asheville won conference.

Seriously though good luck.

I think there will be 30 more threads started about MA before the season even starts. That, my friends is the most likely scenario of any mentioned
Well, I hope there are 35 if you think that will happen. New threads are what keep NCPreps going and have you noticed there are one or more conference teams that have just as many threads as Mount Airy. You are sounding like the far left Twitter posters and leaders that are crying now. LOL

Well, I hope there are 35 if you think that will happen. New threads are what keep NCPreps going and have you noticed there are one or more conference teams that have just as many threads as Mount Airy. You are sounding like the far left Twitter posters and leaders that are crying now. Just saying, LOL. No insulting intended.

Well, I hope there are 35 if you think that will happen. New threads are what keep NCPreps going and have you noticed there are one or more conference teams that have just as many threads as Mount Airy. You are sounding like the far left Twitter posters and leaders that are crying now. LOL

You'll start 34 of them 😁

• Haha
Reactions: footballstar_17
I still think it is Mount Airy's conference to lose, and not sure if East will have the fire power for them or not. If Starmount can find some offense they'll be in the thick of things. I think after those 3 though everyone else will be fighting for 4th. I could be wrong. South Stokes could slip up and get someone. I don't see Elkin or Alleghany being good and well North Stokes, will be North Stokes sadly.

Robbinsville plays Allegheny this year at Robbinsville. Should be a good one....

Go back and see if I started over 5 or 6 last year. Football season pre & post is about 4 months. But I can possibly keep my word and not post much if any at all this season. Depends on my health ! You could be all yours & Buzzcoach. What a season. ;):cool:

Buzz and I are starting the breakfast club at Barney's if anyone wants to join.

I've changed my mind, you'll each start 17 threads. Buzz will have at least 1 called Da Bears as he dresses like Mike Vikka to do it.

Last edited:
I agree to that man. That old black knight is a cocky One isn't he. I think Mount airy will have trouble with us. But they'll probably be the best team we play. We got to protect Folger and we'll be okay.

Is it not a fact that with all the questions concerning Mt Airy's lack of overall talent, (East Surry has the QB, North Surry has the running back, the Mountain teams are just bigger stronger better coached, and then Mountain Island, etc just recruit like UNC and State) how can little ole Mt Airy even think it can compete?

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
No it is not, at least not from the last conversation I had with a school board member but that was 3 months ago.
He is getting numbers up, has one of the highest winning percentages of any Mt Airy Coach EVER. And has a very good staff. OK not as good as each and everyone of the Mountain Schools, but very good.
Now if we could just get some officials to lean our way!

Well dang since it's not actually happening we'll ensure the board eats with us at Barney's.
Adkins deserves a few more years. With Kelly, they basically have 2 head coaches and I am sure they work well together, they can do great things if they get the right players. They have a better chance of winning a state championship in 1A than East Surry in 2A. East can go deep but those top 2A teams will be too much for them. When they beat Reidsville, they had a once-in-a-lifetime group of players for this area. I may be wrong but we will see. That is the reason if North Surry has any outgoing transfers they probably chose Mount Airy for a better chance of going deeper in the playoffs. Why would they drive past Mount Airy to go 10 miles or up to 20 miles to East Surry, miles depending on where they live as North Surry has kids from Low Gap 20 plus miles above Mount Airy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Adkins deserves a few more years. With Kelly, they basically have 2 head coaches and I am sure they work well together, they can do great things if they get the right players. They have a better chance of winning a state championship in 1A than East Surry in 2A. East can go deep but those top 2A teams will be too much for them. When they beat Reidsville, they had a once-in-a-lifetime group of players for this area. I may be wrong but we will see. That is the reason if North Surry has any outgoing transfers they probably chose Mount Airy for a better chance of going deeper in the playoffs. Why would they drive past Mount Airy to go 10 miles or up to 20 miles to East Surry, miles depending on where they live as North Surry has kids from Low Gap 20 plus miles above Mount Airy.
I don't necessarily agree with that statement I think East has a lot to offer. We too have great coaching. However I have heard rumblings that a couple of the kids are thinking about it. I think they have a better chance because I don't know that we can beat Shelby or Wallace rosehill. Although I didn't think we could beat maiden either. I think he has a pretty good program there. And it's fun to have a game against them every year. I wish we were still in the same conference. Heck. They've got Darren Taylor. I think he's got like 20 years as a defensive coach. I think his son is helping him he's good. They got that old guy from Virginia I don't know his name but he's a hell of a defensive line coach it looks like. I don't know who's coaching there secondary or their backs but they seem to do pretty good last year too.

I don't necessarily agree with that statement I think East has a lot to offer. We too have great coaching. However I have heard rumblings that a couple of the kids are thinking about it. I think they have a better chance because I don't know that we can beat Shelby or Wallace rosehill. Although I didn't think we could beat maiden either. I think he has a pretty good program there. And it's fun to have a game against them every year. I wish we were still in the same conference. Heck. They've got Darren Taylor. I think he's got like 20 years as a defensive coach. I think his son is helping him he's good. They got that old guy from Virginia I don't know his name but he's a hell of a defensive line coach it looks like. I don't know who's coaching there secondary or their backs but they seem to do pretty good last year too.
I do wish East Surry good luck except when they play Mount Airy. It looks good for the area when a 1 A & 2A teams go deep or win the west and even better if one or both win the state but I can't see both winning in the same year, would be nice though !

Last edited:
Well I am a true, unabashed Bear fan. Truly I am. In fact, to prove the point, let me ask a question?
How many of you know that The Bears will host last years NATIONAL Champion the second game of the season?
That is correct, Lenoir Rhyne Bears are hosting the 2021 Division 2 National Champion Ferris State to the brand newly Renovated Moretz Stadium on September 10 at 1 PM. The game "may" be on ESPN. They are working on it but not confirmed yet.

I hope Mt Airy can do and build on what they accomplished last season I know they have young athletes and have potential to be strong

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT