ADVERTISEMENT

MITCHELL VS SWAIN

Wonder what the crowd will be like Friday night? Looks like perfect weather. Very minimal crowd in Ledger last Friday night.

This game will be closer than any of us suspected, Swain looks good watched film on em this morning Robbinsville looking good too, I think SMC is just pretty even this year both teams have good QBs, interesting matchup

Yeah I got there at 7 and parked where I would for a basketball game. Was expecting a much bigger crowd last week, especially for Mitchell.
Well I saw no reason to spend $8 on a game that would be over before the half and I assume others felt the same way. I stayed at home listened to the radio and watched some other games on TV but Lord willing I definitely plan to be there Friday and I'm sure a lot more than then last Friday.

Last edited:
No way I see a 21 pt. game. I think one possession for whoever wins.

Go Mountaineers
Depending on which teams show up. If the Mitchell team I saw at the pit shows up. 21 points is possible…. Or even more. I still feel like y’all held back on the play calling that night myself could have been worse in my opinion. On that night.

Depending on which teams show up. If the Mitchell team I saw at the pit shows up. 21 points is possible…. Or even more. I still feel like y’all held back on the play calling that night myself could have been worse in my opinion. On that night.
Indeed they did hold back on play calling. Was told 2 different reasons by 2 different coaches. One was out of respect, and the other sheer disrespect. I don't know which one is fact lol.

Indeed they did hold back on play calling. Was told 2 different reasons by 2 different coaches. One was out of respect, and the other sheer disrespect. I don't know which one is fact lol.
If we had held back we would have lost, only ran 2 backs and got lucky in the turnover game Heritage is better than the score that's for sure, just an off night for Heritage they will beat Murphy fri and we should win by 2 scores but we will see I guess

If we had held back we would have lost, only ran 2 backs and got lucky in the turnover game Heritage is better than the score that's for sure, just an off night for Heritage they will beat Murphy fri and we should win by 2 scores but we will see I guess
Man there is enough sandbagging on here already. Mitchell beat the brakes off Heritage that night, and did it conservatily. It's alright to brag on the boys every once in a while. And I'll say this. If Mitchell doesn't beat Swain by at least 2 scores, then there is zero chance they will advance past the 3rd round.

Me personally I felt like they might have thought they may see them again in the playoffs and that the loss might light a fire the way it did last year. I don’t think it had anything to do with disrespect and whichever coach said that hasn’t paid attention the past 8 years. But whatever. I’d liked to have saw those two teams play again last year at the end of the season and see what the outcome was but that’s ifs and buts. Maybe we get another shot this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple1995
Man there is enough sandbagging on here already. Mitchell beat the brakes off Heritage that night, and did it conservatily. It's alright to brag on the boys every once in a while. And I'll say this. If Mitchell doesn't beat Swain by at least 2 scores, then there is zero chance they will advance past the 3rd round.
Mitchell will beat swain by at least 3 touchdowns. Many people have told me from swain that they played their best game of the year against Andrews. That’s when they looked the most complete. They haven’t looked that good since then. Matter of fact, they’ve looked a lot worse. I don’t see this game being all that close at all.

No sandbagging here I bet you have never even spoken to one of these kids, I know them all dont let your mouth write a check the kids cant cash, you are no coach neither am I dont make em think they are going to put a running click on a quality SMC team let our coaches do the coaching and we will all just keep bull sh$ting like usual, our kids need to go into this game like Heritage ready for war not thinking they will be resting the second half

Me personally I felt like they might have thought they may see them again in the playoffs and that the loss might light a fire the way it did last year. I don’t think it had anything to do with disrespect and whichever coach said that hasn’t paid attention the past 8 years. But whatever. I’d liked to have saw those two teams play again last year at the end of the season and see what the outcome was but that’s ifs and buts. Maybe we get another shot this year.
We have 20 coaches but really only 4 are coaches, whoever made these remarks I seriously doubt do any playcalling just hangout coaches

Reactions: 97Cougar
Hey cougar, 4674462, shoot me a text.

Reactions: 97Cougar
You really think I haven't bragged? Hello, this was one of the best nights for my kid since 8th grade, I have bragged, just not all over message boards In the back of my mind i keep thinking we could see em again lol

I didn't see the Mitchell/Mtn Heritage game as holding back to me like some other games just seemed their play calling can get to conservative and predictable.
I understand running the ball if you can and that with the pass three things can happen and two are bad, but to get deeper in the playoffs I believe they're going to have to open it up more just seems though a lot of defenses play in the box on Mitchell because of the run and that a short slant or IN route should be open but it seems it ether a bubble screen or a very long pass , once in a while a short post route.
But what to I know just seems the short middle has looked open for an easier pass and never taken.
But in that game what impressed me the most that night was the Mitchell defense and if they can play D that well this Friday that's what could decide the game.

You really think I haven't bragged? Hello, this was one of the best nights for my kid since 8th grade, I have bragged, just not all over message boards In the back of my mind i keep thinking we could see em again lol
Haha I know man. I talked to you at the game. My boys aren't old enough yet, so I have the luxury of trash talking on here and making outlandish claims about the Mountaineers. Although I do try to refrain lol.

Reactions: Purple1995
Haha I know man. I talked to you at the game. My boys aren't old enough yet, so I have the luxury of trash talking on here and making outlandish claims about the Mountaineers. Although I do try to refrain lol.
I dont recall talking to you at the game, I know you I have actually traded with you once I have not seen you in a year or more where you been hiding?

I was cruising around the boards one night and saw him. I’m thinking in the Hendersonville/Burns thread. Probably a Bearcat guru now.

Go Mountaineers
You are right I did a search on him his last activity was at 1047 this morning looking at 1a boards I wish he would chime in he actually made it fun anyway

Reactions: wncbowhunter
It rained pretty good last night I hope they'll still have parking tonight on the top practice field for handicap or I don't know what I'll do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT