ADVERTISEMENT

MITCHELL VS SWAIN

Nah it's just getting real all joking aside I hope safe travel's and no injuries fri night and I'll shut up

Reactions: 97Cougar
First the lineman out at Andrews for Mitchell were 61 and 63. Then mid first quarter 60 went down.
Based on what I’ve seen and read this season looks like Eastern Randolph Mt Airy Mitchell Robbinsville and Thomasville are the best in 1A. As for who comes out of the west we will have to wait and see. Who stays healthy will play a big role as we’ve seen Robbinsville and Mitchell can be beat when not at full strength. Should be a fin month of games

First the lineman out at Andrews for Mitchell were 61 and 63. Then mid first quarter 60 went down.
Based on what I’ve seen and read this season looks like Eastern Randolph Mt Airy Mitchell Robbinsville and Thomasville are the best in 1A. As for who comes out of the west we will have to wait and see. Who stays healthy will play a big role as we’ve seen Robbinsville and Mitchell can be beat when not at full strength. Should be a fin month of games

Correct.

Holy smokes do I even want to get involved with this mess of a thread?

As for the game to be honest I have no idea. For the past few years by now I could pretty well tell ya what Mitchell would bring. This year I still have no clue other than they will play hard. QB is the key for them. 95’s youngun is a weapon on both sides of the ball. Kicking game seems to get better every week. I still don’t like the fact that competition has been down for several weeks now.
Swain seems to be a little like Mitchell in that they have played up and down this year. So I think it will be a typical Mitchell vs SMC playoff game that will be determined in the 4th quarter. I think who wins will have their hands very full with Thomasville next week. I should not do this as it seems to be a curse but I will say Mitchell by 2 at home. But I will not be surprised by a Swain win.

Go Mountaineers

Swain now has a freshman starting on the D line. And last night the same pass defense I was worried about had three pick sixes. And that with Hayesville's six' six" player back. Wish I could remember the kids name but he was and is a fine baller. Hate to see these guys in basketball!

Swain only had 1 pick 6, another pick set up a short TD drive. The interesting thing is that all 3 picks occurred in Swain's red zone as did Hayesville's lost fumble. If and a big IF they punch all those in I think is a big difference in outcome.

Don’t shut up your about the only reason I’m coming back to check out this thread. Lay in there! Hope the your wife’s surgery went well.
For those of you that dont already know 97s kid was the best middle school player I ever saw, led in rushing yds and receiving in our conference his 8th grd year, scored 2 tds in the last ever tri county bowl played, to beat us, and he was only 13 lol, I like to get on the Yancey folks for holding em back but seems like lately we're doing the same lmao

Reactions: 97Cougar
Swain only had 1 pick 6, another pick set up a short TD drive. The interesting thing is that all 3 picks occurred in Swain's red zone as did Hayesville's lost fumble. If and a big IF they punch all those in I think is a big difference in outcome.
From what I saw from film Hayesville could have just as easily won as they lost turnovers killed them then they quit, I honestly dont think you'll see the same at Mitchell Fri night

Reactions: recycled2
For those of you that dont already know 97s kid was the best middle school player I ever saw, led in rushing yds and receiving in our conference his 8th grd year, scored 2 tds in the last ever tri county bowl played, to beat us, and he was only 13 lol, I like to get on the Yancey folks for holding em back but seems like lately we're doing the same lmao
Lmao I had our travel basketball team birth certificate book in the car the last few games that year not just for him but several more. We had alot of big kids that year. But thanks was a fun group to watch over the years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT