ADVERTISEMENT

MITCHELL VS SWAIN

Stadium or Field?
Actually probably need a new field I believe they're playing on the same one that we did my senior year '82-83 when it first opened they've done a good job of maintaining it but not sure if ever completely re-soded, we were hoping for AstroTurf as part of a grant for a new middle school but I believe the whole thing fell through issues with the land the school was going on I think not sure if they're still planning to build it or not someone with kids still in school would probably know.
My daughters asked when they were in band and Avery got their new astroturf how they could afford it and not us and I said tax base the have it we don't.
But the stadium natural U shape banks for the seats one of your bigger visitors sides surrounded by mountains of course it was built when we were still 3A.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Actually probably need a new field I believe they're playing on the same one that we did my senior year '82-83 when it first opened they've done a good job of maintaining it but not sure if ever completely re-soded, we were hoping for AstroTurf as part of a grant for a new middle school but I believe the whole thing fell through issues with the land the school was going on I think not sure if they're still planning to build it or not someone with kids still in school would probably know.
My daughters asked when they were in band and Avery got their new astroturf how they could afford it and not us and I said tax base the have it we don't.
But the stadium natural U shape banks for the seats one of your bigger visitors sides surrounded by mountains of course it was built when we were still 3A.
Never actually seen the Mitchell football field but I do remember their baseball field is decent. We played there in 2012 in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It’s built for 8k people to watch comfortably. No where else like it

Last edited:
Well that was unexpected. Mitchell’s line played very well tonight and good game by 22 and Ty was Ty and had a great game. Mitchell defense stiffened after the first series.

Go Mountaineers
Yeah after that first drive I thought it was going to be a close game. Still things to do better next week ,the D still didn't tackle as good as they did in the Mtn Heritage game didn't wrap up. They also got to work on kick-off coverage. But the offense line blocked well and like you say Ty had a good night threw some pretty passes as well and 22 ran really good tonight didn't want to be all negative but you can always find things to work on before the next game.

Still surprised at how quiet the Mitchell side was. Has it been that way all year? For the game, Mitchell did well with the blocking. It was apparent late in the 4th with you guys handing off to your subs and they were getting chunks of yards. No excuse for our defense or the coordinator. Could have pulled that announcer out of the press box and he could have averaged at least 5yds a carry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT