ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy

To me I could care less about pay back. You can't get back losing and prob winning the state title in 21. Its over and done let's move on. This game as I have said is about a team in Mitchell that stands in MAs way of moving on to third round. Will it be little sweeter beating Mitchell yes but it will not change what happened in 2021.
You aren’t the one saying that you have been waiting since 2021. That’s 2 years rent free

Reactions: Purple1995
You aren’t the one saying that you have been waiting since 2021. That’s 2 years rent free
Yawn….same old stupid response who is your team? We have taken care of business and as buzz said Mitchell just standing in our way. Revisit me later Friday night

Yawn….same old stupid response who is your team? We have taken care of business and as buzz said Mitchell just standing in our way. Revisit me later Friday night
But you make a comment about the past to BK but you are living in the past. I don’t have to revisit Friday because everyone knows Mount Airy is the favorite to win this game. Guess what you can still make a big deal out of it for days.

To me I could care less about pay back. You can't get back losing and prob winning the state title in 21. Its over and done let's move on. This game as I have said is about a team in Mitchell that stands in MAs way of moving on to third round. Will it be little sweeter beating Mitchell yes but it will not change what happened in 2021.
Now Now, if you lost to them in 21, what makes you think that Mt Airy would've beat Tarboro in 21? Tarboro destroyed Mitchell that year lol.

I wouldn’t call it destroyed but you all won
14 to 7 at the half after a 6 yard punt gave you all the ball on your 30 something with a 1:30 something to go in the half. Or it would have been a tie game at the half. But none the less you all won the ship. And still congrats on your win

I can see the headlines at the Aunt Bee times, all world Surry County team beats small mountain team for the first time. By the way, anyone have the population of Surry County?
Actually, Mitchell County is the only high school in Mitchell County if I am correct. Surry County, population about 63,000, has 1A Elkin, 2A East Surry, 2A Surry Central, 2A North Surry, 1A Mt Airy and Millennium Charter Academy that is 1A Small or thereabouts.
Mount Airy City Population is about 10,700.

Reactions: Purple1995
I can see the headlines at the Aunt Bee times, all world Surry County team beats small mountain team for the first time. By the way, anyone have the population of Surry County?
The population of the county has nothing to do with the city school population. Mount Airy City is around 10,676, Elkin City 4,122 and the county was around 71,403 the last time I checked This covers 3 - 2A high schools and 2 - 1A city schools and several Charter schools. With that said Mitchell County, North Carolina's last estimated population in 2022 was 15,094

Last edited:
Reactions: curtiscummings1
Just curious, do all of the Bear’s players reside within the city limits of Mount Airy? I honestly don’t have a clue.
Yes and so far to date Mt Airy has not participated in the Transfer Portal. Success does tend to change that but not yet.
Technically, the Mt Airy City school boundary is NOT exactly the same as the city limits. But students in the Flat Rock area just east of Mt Airy actually travels through the City to get to North Surry on the West of Mt Airy.

The population of the county has nothing to do with the city school population. Mount Airy City is around 10,676, Elkin City 4,122 and the county was around 71,403 the last time I checked This covers 3 - 2A high schools and 2 - 1A city schools and several Charter schools. With that said Mitchell County, North Carolina's last estimated population in 2022 was 15,094
So Mitchell County has almost 16,000 population with adm of 460, Mount Airy has a population of 10,000 with what adm?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearmod1
Mitchell county estimated population in 2022 was 15,094 the last census taken in 2020 was 14,903. This years ADM 497 up from 489 for the last two years.
Odd thing is the year I graduated in 1983 the population was 14,185 but 768 students just counting heads in my annual. We were in 3A Little Mac which would be I guess 2A today.
In a nutshell I'd say mostly because young people having kids moved out and retires moved in.

who cares family guy GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Bearmod1
Mitchell county estimated population in 2022 was 15,094 the last census taken in 2020 was 14,903. This years ADM 497 up from 489 for the last two years.
Odd thing is the year I graduated in 1983 the population was 14,185 but 768 students just counting heads in my annual. We were in 3A Little Mac which would be I guess 2A today.
In a nutshell I'd say mostly because young people having kids moved out and retires moved in.
MA went down in population for several years because all textiles moved out. City decided to push retirement status on the area and live of Mayberry. Now it is increasing because of Hispanic influence from all the carport manufacturers in the area.

Yes, the score did not show how lop sided that game was, and that was one of Tarboro's "rebuilding" years. No running back we have now, even played on varsity then.
It felt worse, our defense played lights out as the Vikings had the ball on our side of the field the whole game. Offense couldn't move the ball at all.

It felt worse, our defense played lights out as the Vikings had the ball on our side of the field the whole game. Offense couldn't move the ball at all.
I'm not saying Mitchell could have beaten them Tarboro was obviously better team but I believe Mitchell offense could have done better on if they hadn't been so predictable. Up til that game didn't matter that everyone knew the QB was going to run the ball about every play but Tarboro D was to fast for that and just keyed on the QB. Thing is they had other players that should have been more involved and some new plays which could have taken advantage of the single-minded aggressive D even some of the players later told me they were frustrated with the play calling.

Nope too old for that. If Mayberry is all that then it should a blowout cause Mitchell is down and overachieved. Just have some class like the Tarboro guys so you don’t come off as a Richard.

Last edited:
Reactions: ocdavis31
Nope too old for that. If Mayberry is all that then it should a blowout cause Mitchell is down and overachieved. Just have some class like the Tarboro guys so you don’t come off as Richard.
While I agree that MA will win and probably by a lot I'll have to disagree with you some on the overachieved I feel just the opposite while ya the line is down or at least not as deep I believe the skill positions have been under utilized. Just seems they haven't been in sink a lot of unforced errors mental mistakes, penalties, turn overs , and the play calling not getting in on time , poor play calling choices not making adjustments until second which cost them especially in the Draughn game. But just my opinion and we know what opinions are like and mine especially isn't worth much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT