ADVERTISEMENT

Mitchell @ Mount Airy 11/26/21 4th Round

I don't have a dog in the fight, but that was the worst officiating game, both ways, I've witnessed. I thought it was funny the officials SPRINTED out of the stadium as they probably should have. I would be ashamed to say I officiated a game like that. That crew should NEVER officiate a game in NC again. Plain and simple: TERRIBLE!
That said, congrats to Mitchell as you keep surviving and I have no idea how. MA fumbles on the 1 and had 2 TD's called back. Good luck moving forward. You guys are tough as nails. Kudos to your QB as well. He is tough as they come and keeps coming at you.

I don't have a dog in the fight, but that was the worst officiating game, both ways, I've witnessed. I thought it was funny the officials SPRINTED out of the stadium as they probably should have. I would be ashamed to say I officiated a game like that. That crew should NEVER officiate a game in NC again. Plain and simple: TERRIBLE!
That said, congrats to Mitchell as you keep surviving and I have no idea how. MA fumbles on the 1 and had 2 TD's called back. Good luck moving forward. You guys are tough as nails. Kudos to your QB as well. He is tough as they come and keeps coming at you.
Well while they weren't call back TD's I believe Mitchell scores another TD or two without the holding calls penalties killed both teams. I may go back and look at it the fumble looked like a good hit on the ball by the D..but you know sometimes things like that have to go your way in the playoffs especially this deep in it.

DAAAAAA BEARS!!!!
DAAAAAAAA MOUNTEES ...
Great game plan on the win of the coin toss taking the ball and scoring first. If he had taken the 3rd Qtr kickoff and Mount Airy scored first it may have been a different game but the bears were not used to starting from behind and their mouthing off sealed it for Mitchell.

Does everyone think the refs just threw flags for the heck of it ? Come on !! They were not affiliated with either conference. You have to play smart in a game like this and control your emotions and that goes for the Coach also. The players feed off his actions. MA is a top notch team with great athletes and they had the play makers. Congratulations on a great season

Well well well, Congrats to the boys in Purple. What a game. Thought Mitchell was outplayed for a whole lot of the game. But sometimes things go your way. MA defiantly has some playmakers. #1 is a game changer. Credit to the MA defensive line as well, they played a whale of a game. But Mitchell never quit and made just enough plays to win.

I know the officials will be a huge story in this one. But man I have no idea what was or wasn’t said or done but the refs were having none of it. Once that starts you have to adjust and stop doing whatever it is. From the coaches down. That is the most holding calls on Mitchell all year. I think Mitchell getting up was huge to make MA play with a little pressure on them.

Congrats to your son 95.

Go Mountaineers

If BUZZ has his way Adkins will be gone next year. I think it is 4 or 5 sideline penalties in 2 weeks.No control on the sidelines either inside that blue box.
The coaches for MA didn't lose the game. You can't control what kids are saying on the field, etc. I remember watching MA basketball team last 2-3 years in the playoffs and they did the same thing on the court. They are kids and emotions run high in big games no matter what the coach says or doesn't say. Any person/coach would have said something to the officials as bad as they were calling the game. Who wouldn't? ANY program would be blessed to have JK as their head coach as he has been a proven winner at every school he's coached at.

The coaches for MA didn't lose the game. You can't control what kids are saying on the field, etc. I remember watching MA basketball team last 2-3 years in the playoffs and they did the same thing on the court. They are kids and emotions run high in big games no matter what the coach says or doesn't say. Any person/coach would have said something to the officials as bad as they were calling the game. Who wouldn't? ANY program would be blessed to have JK as their head coach as he has been a proven winner at every school he's coached at.
Atkins had 2 unsportsmanlikes and 3 sideline warnings. On him.

A coach can very easily control the players and their mouths. But this far into a season isn't when you start trying. That's stuff you teach growing up and you set the tone during summer workouts. But you have to have a coach that leads by example too. It's easy to sit a kid out for a series or quarter in a game if he can't keep his mouth shut as a warning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT