MIC @ Swain

Gwytoli

Jan 2, 2017
Ummmm Thomas Jefferson would finish 5th in the SMC....I concur with that statement. You can rank them #1 in the State and the Top 4 teams would beat them by 21. No disrespect but it’s different out here brother.

Thatoneguy...

Feb 20, 2014
Did Greg Tisho from Swain walk on at UT ?
Yep, for a bit and a tremendous talent would of been nice to see him still playing. Smith Cherokee/Swain was playing for WCU after transferring from ECU, was the back up and played in a few games and looked good. Not sure if he is still there. R’ville has one player left from our last title and that’s Gibson at WCU and before that Odom played at Campbell where I believe he played baseball as well. Cherokee had a lineman at WCU awhile back and Woods was there briefly.
I heard mention of Walkingstick, kid was a workhorse but only had one healthy season. There wasn’t enough to really know how grea he could have been. Cherokee was going through those dark years so he could of been one of the few lights to their seasons. Oh well football isn’t everything and I hope kids just enjoy this time and opportunity because very few get to do it once they leave high school.

dmcamp

Jul 1, 2017
Ummmm Thomas Jefferson would finish 5th in the SMC....I concur with that statement. You can rank them #1 in the State and the Top 4 teams would beat them by 21. No disrespect but it’s different out here brother.
Not this year...What do you base that off of?? Cherokee is down this year, Swain is down this year. I can point to the fact that both those teams lost to Smoky Mountain who got steam rolled by North Lincoln tonight. TJ beat North Lincoln...

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
Yep, for a bit and a tremendous talent would of been nice to see him still playing. Smith Cherokee/Swain was playing for WCU after transferring from ECU, was the back up and played in a few games and looked good. Not sure if he is still there. R’ville has one player left from our last title and that’s Gibson at WCU and before that Odom played at Campbell where I believe he played baseball as well. Cherokee had a lineman at WCU awhile back and Woods was there briefly.
I heard mention of Walkingstick, kid was a workhorse but only had one healthy season. There wasn’t enough to really know how grea he could have been. Cherokee was going through those dark years so he could of been one of the few lights to their seasons. Oh well football isn’t everything and I hope kids just enjoy this time and opportunity because very few get to do it once they leave high school.
Zack Weeks from Swain is like a 2 or 3 year starter on Western's o-line

Reactions: Wildcat10fan

dmcamp

Jul 1, 2017
And actually that is disrespectful...and a completely baseless claim

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
Carl Pickens/Murphy- was a star at Tennessee and was a pro bowl NFL WR
Shawn Johnson/Murphy- played OL at NC State
Butch Sursavage/Andrews- played TE at Clemson and maybe NFL??
Yeah I forgot about Butch. I’m whooped tonight. I was listening to the Swain game and enjoying Gary Ayers & Coach White call the game while watching the Tarheels on Tv and keeping up with Cherokee & Rosman in ScoreStream. Lol. Brain overload

Reactions: NC nole fan

Smc13

Oct 22, 2018
MICS was not a good team. Swain should have beat them by 3 touchdowns. But the Swain coaches have a real hard time on 3rd or 4th and long. Some of the worse play calling I’ve ever seen. No threat of passing at all. Unless you count spiking the ball on 4 th down. Running a QB draw on 3rd and 30. You should probably throw the ball to set that play up. Not many fans in the stands. I see some major changes coming at the end of the year at Swain or at least a lot of fans hope so.

Reactions: Swain97

goknightgo

Nov 11, 2010
Yes they were, Byus is an offense mastermind! He knew where to put players in the right position to be successful. Dusty was exceptional at QB and could have played collegiant ball but chose baseball instead

goknightgo

Nov 11, 2010
Swain has not thrown the ball all year, passing game has been non existent. For any of their fans to think they are going to start throwing the ball are just letting their selves down

Reactions: mbdfan

BK13T-$

Jul 23, 2009
MIC only had one good drive.
Swain had 3 and dhoot themselves in the foot on one of those. Swain was driving at games end also. Should of been a 20-6 or 27-06 game.

Cdoc73

Sep 9, 2016
In most of the post I made, I said that Swain would lose if they couldn't stop Burris behind the line...They stopped Burris behind the line. Swains line outplayed MICS line, on a cold wet night, and won the game.
Well it was cold, but it was not raining , hadn't rained all day

Smc13

Oct 22, 2018
Swain has not thrown the ball all year, passing game has been non existent. For any of their fans to think they are going to start throwing the ball are just letting their selves down
It’s just nice to be able to throw we you need too. Look at the past seasons. Swain always has a QB to throw over 1500 yards. They may have 300 this year.

Swaindad40

Jul 22, 2018
Swain’s offensive line and defensive lines put in the work in this one. Got to give them a big shout out! Noland Brown, Chase Hughes, Charlie Lambert, Colby Kirkland, BIG Nick Millsaps, Jake Langston, Thomas Allen. It is just as hard on a line as it it on the backs when you play this type of game and for the entire season against 8-9-10 or hell sometimes 11 in the box. We have played vs these fronts the entire season. Credit also has to be given to our backs and qb. That is some hard running. MICS put 11 in the box at times and we still grounded out 2-3-5-7-3-6-4-12-7-3 yards plays. You get what I mean. I don’t know game stats right now but I know effort and physical running. Lossiah, Sain Brooks and Taylor had 95% of plays between the tackles. Sain has more rushing yards than Burris tonight. And Swain ran a three man front all night with two linebackers.

Now after watching MICS film all weak I think Burris is a hell of a back and it took all 11 on defense tonight to key on him. Individually Burris is a hell of a back. He is a junior and if he would play one season in the SMC that would make him a better back. I mean that in a positive way. He would really benefit from it and prepare him for colllege ball. Our backs are conditioned differently than other backs. Our backs ran harder in the fourth quarter. It’s conditioning for a physical type of game. Perhaps that’s just spread offenses and how they have changed the game on all levels. Great team win and let’s carry that as far as we can. Maroon Machine.

goknightgo

Nov 11, 2010
It’s just nice to be able to throw we you need too. Look at the past seasons. Swain always has a QB to throw over 1500 yards. They may have 300 this year.
First year I have ever seen Swain not have a QB that couldn’t throw or any kind of athletic receiver on that outside. Not knocking any of their players, just a completely different team than what everyone is used to seeing.

Fightin4Braves

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2017
Mintz was really good...But Cherokee only had roughly 50 more offensive yards or 59 more all purpose yards against TJ than they had against Mitchell.

And TJ had about 56 more all purpose yards against Cherokee than Mitchell
We were just a lot more physical then them, we had like 50 more big hits and tj hated it!!! It's funny when unz speedsters start gettin hit hard then start tryin to avoid it!!

Smc13

Oct 22, 2018
First year I have ever seen Swain not have a QB that couldn’t throw or any kind of athletic receiver on that outside. Not knocking any of their players, just a completely different team than what everyone is used to seeing.
Thats exactly what I am saying. But they do have a QB that can throw and receivers that can catch but they refuse to use them.

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
Swain not have a QB that couldn’t throw or any kind of athletic receiver on that outside. Not knocking any of their players, just a completely different team than what everyone is used to seeing.
Agreed. There's not a Maennle or Cody on this team at WR, nor a McMahan or Smith at QB.

Reactions: goknightgo

Fightin4Braves

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2017
So I guess we won't hear from rich till next year after they finish 4th or 5th in there conference and there headed to tha mountains to slap us slow pokes up and take our souls!!! Rich you should be like maggot45 on here and go on to 4aa ball and bandwagon someone really good team and then come down play our conference!!!

Mitchaneers1

Sep 23, 2007
Somebody mentioned earlier that Mitchell had Hank Phillips who was an all conference lineman at Clemson in the mid 80s but he also had an older brother John Phillips who was at 2 time All American at 2 different offensive line positions at Clemson, I know at one time and maybe it still stands that he is the only person to ever be an all American at 2 different positions, he was a 4 year starter and only allowed one sack in his career, he was a redshirt freshman on the 1981 National championship team and played for the Packers for a while. Also James Phillips from Mitchell played tight end for Wake Forest opposite of Ricky Prohl, he also had a stint with the Dallas Cowboys practice squad, he currently has a son that is a wr and cb for this years team. Former Mitchell qb Ken Burnette was an all conference linebacker for an ECU team that won the peach bowl in the early 90s. Theres numerous small school guys, our current coach Travise Pitman was a standout tight end at WCU earning preseason all American honors his senior year, that WCU team actually had 3 players in a row starting on the line from Mitchell counting Travise at tight end.

Everybody loves Rich

Oct 24, 2018
Well well well......Ol Rich has seen it all. A football field that was dry. Down the middle of the field. But soaked from this hash to the sidelines.... It must rain at an angle in Bryson city. LMAO, but props to Swain a prideful tough group of kids. It was a fair called game they just made more plays.
Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.
But for all you Burris haters. He hasn't practiced in 2 weeks sprain ankle. But he still played all night. TJA y'all have superman at QB. Bring one home to the spc... Now let me get back to this lobster. I have plans to catch in 2hours. #flight school

buzzcoach

Apr 26, 2004
Look at TJ schedule.....nvr herd of most those scools they played. MIC to have supposedly all that talent and get beat by a Dow Swain team. All those weapons and just scored 6? You have to have good coaching and they said they had like 20 coaches on sidelines.....hmmmm......

dmcamp

Jul 1, 2017
Look at TJ schedule.....nvr herd of most those scools they played. MIC to have supposedly all that talent and get beat by a Dow Swain team. All those weapons and just scored 6? You have to have good coaching and they said they had like 20 coaches on sidelines.....hmmmm......
IDIOT...

Never heard of North Lincoln? Never heard of Bessemer City? Never heard of Cherryville?

Mitchell plays Trinity Academy

There are probably two schools on the schedule you could say you've never heard of...

But judging by the way you talk you probably don't remember what you had for dinner yesterday.

dmcamp

Jul 1, 2017
We were just a lot more physical then them, we had like 50 more big hits and tj hated it!!! It's funny when unz speedsters start gettin hit hard then start tryin to avoid it!!
You were a lot more physical against Mitchell than they were against you? Really? Wow...

Your hard hitting defense still gave up 367 offensive yards, and 496 all purpose yards to TJ...The big hits aren't why TJ lost...TJ lost because Cherokee had a hell of a QB that ran all over us.

Swain97

Nov 24, 2006
Swain could have done play action pass to the TE at least 3-4 times and got big yardage or a TD out of it. Nobody beyond 5 yds from the line, WR split wide and everybody on D rushing into the middle. All you had to do was send the WR on a go route to clear the DB. Not rocket surgery here boys.

And thanks for the props Rich. Now back to watching my DVR of the Hee-Haw that I missed last night.

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
Camp you can’t count kickoff returns in your yards cause we kicked off 8 times and played the reserves for most of 4th

Reactions: BK13T-$

Latest posts