ADVERTISEMENT

MIC @ Swain

Swain’s offensive line and defensive lines put in the work in this one. Got to give them a big shout out! Noland Brown, Chase Hughes, Charlie Lambert, Colby Kirkland, BIG Nick Millsaps, Jake Langston, Thomas Allen. It is just as hard on a line as it it on the backs when you play this type of game and for the entire season against 8-9-10 or hell sometimes 11 in the box. We have played vs these fronts the entire season. Credit also has to be given to our backs and qb. That is some hard running. MICS put 11 in the box at times and we still grounded out 2-3-5-7-3-6-4-12-7-3 yards plays. You get what I mean. I don’t know game stats right now but I know effort and physical running. Lossiah, Sain Brooks and Taylor had 95% of plays between the tackles. Sain has more rushing yards than Burris tonight. And Swain ran a three man front all night with two linebackers.

Now after watching MICS film all weak I think Burris is a hell of a back and it took all 11 on defense tonight to key on him. Individually Burris is a hell of a back. He is a junior and if he would play one season in the SMC that would make him a better back. I mean that in a positive way. He would really benefit from it and prepare him for colllege ball. Our backs are conditioned differently than other backs. Our backs ran harder in the fourth quarter. It’s conditioning for a physical type of game. Perhaps that’s just spread offenses and how they have changed the game on all levels. Great team win and let’s carry that as far as we can. Maroon Machine.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
It’s just nice to be able to throw we you need too. Look at the past seasons. Swain always has a QB to throw over 1500 yards. They may have 300 this year.
First year I have ever seen Swain not have a QB that couldn’t throw or any kind of athletic receiver on that outside. Not knocking any of their players, just a completely different team than what everyone is used to seeing.

Mintz was really good...But Cherokee only had roughly 50 more offensive yards or 59 more all purpose yards against TJ than they had against Mitchell.

And TJ had about 56 more all purpose yards against Cherokee than Mitchell
We were just a lot more physical then them, we had like 50 more big hits and tj hated it!!! It's funny when unz speedsters start gettin hit hard then start tryin to avoid it!!

First year I have ever seen Swain not have a QB that couldn’t throw or any kind of athletic receiver on that outside. Not knocking any of their players, just a completely different team than what everyone is used to seeing.
Thats exactly what I am saying. But they do have a QB that can throw and receivers that can catch but they refuse to use them.

Swain not have a QB that couldn’t throw or any kind of athletic receiver on that outside. Not knocking any of their players, just a completely different team than what everyone is used to seeing.
Agreed. There's not a Maennle or Cody on this team at WR, nor a McMahan or Smith at QB.

Reactions: goknightgo
So I guess we won't hear from rich till next year after they finish 4th or 5th in there conference and there headed to tha mountains to slap us slow pokes up and take our souls!!! Rich you should be like maggot45 on here and go on to 4aa ball and bandwagon someone really good team and then come down play our conference!!!

Somebody mentioned earlier that Mitchell had Hank Phillips who was an all conference lineman at Clemson in the mid 80s but he also had an older brother John Phillips who was at 2 time All American at 2 different offensive line positions at Clemson, I know at one time and maybe it still stands that he is the only person to ever be an all American at 2 different positions, he was a 4 year starter and only allowed one sack in his career, he was a redshirt freshman on the 1981 National championship team and played for the Packers for a while. Also James Phillips from Mitchell played tight end for Wake Forest opposite of Ricky Prohl, he also had a stint with the Dallas Cowboys practice squad, he currently has a son that is a wr and cb for this years team. Former Mitchell qb Ken Burnette was an all conference linebacker for an ECU team that won the peach bowl in the early 90s. Theres numerous small school guys, our current coach Travise Pitman was a standout tight end at WCU earning preseason all American honors his senior year, that WCU team actually had 3 players in a row starting on the line from Mitchell counting Travise at tight end.

Well well well......Ol Rich has seen it all. A football field that was dry. Down the middle of the field. But soaked from this hash to the sidelines.... It must rain at an angle in Bryson city. LMAO, but props to Swain a prideful tough group of kids. It was a fair called game they just made more plays.
Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.
But for all you Burris haters. He hasn't practiced in 2 weeks sprain ankle. But he still played all night. TJA y'all have superman at QB. Bring one home to the spc... Now let me get back to this lobster. I have plans to catch in 2hours. #flight school

Look at TJ schedule.....nvr herd of most those scools they played. MIC to have supposedly all that talent and get beat by a Dow Swain team. All those weapons and just scored 6? You have to have good coaching and they said they had like 20 coaches on sidelines.....hmmmm......

Look at TJ schedule.....nvr herd of most those scools they played. MIC to have supposedly all that talent and get beat by a Dow Swain team. All those weapons and just scored 6? You have to have good coaching and they said they had like 20 coaches on sidelines.....hmmmm......

IDIOT...

Never heard of North Lincoln? Never heard of Bessemer City? Never heard of Cherryville?

Mitchell plays Trinity Academy

There are probably two schools on the schedule you could say you've never heard of...

But judging by the way you talk you probably don't remember what you had for dinner yesterday.

We were just a lot more physical then them, we had like 50 more big hits and tj hated it!!! It's funny when unz speedsters start gettin hit hard then start tryin to avoid it!!

You were a lot more physical against Mitchell than they were against you? Really? Wow...

Your hard hitting defense still gave up 367 offensive yards, and 496 all purpose yards to TJ...The big hits aren't why TJ lost...TJ lost because Cherokee had a hell of a QB that ran all over us.

Swain could have done play action pass to the TE at least 3-4 times and got big yardage or a TD out of it. Nobody beyond 5 yds from the line, WR split wide and everybody on D rushing into the middle. All you had to do was send the WR on a go route to clear the DB. Not rocket surgery here boys.

And thanks for the props Rich. Now back to watching my DVR of the Hee-Haw that I missed last night.

Camp you can’t count kickoff returns in your yards cause we kicked off 8 times and played the reserves for most of 4th

Reactions: BK13T-$
You were a lot more physical against Mitchell than they were against you? Really? Wow...

Your hard hitting defense still gave up 367 offensive yards, and 496 all purpose yards to TJ...The big hits aren't why TJ lost...TJ lost because Cherokee had a hell of a QB that ran all over us.
Hahaha!!!! Good try boy!!! If you was at tha game then you seen tha slidin and hear tha coaches sayin from across tha field, they cant be hittin like that ref your gonna get someone hurt!!! Until Mitchell last year then there was some exchange of hits, up to that point we was just given big hits and tha spv was taken!!!!!! You wasn't at tha game because it was tha physical part why we won!! Mintz took, well not as many bit hits as that QB but tha 1s where he ran over a couple he popped right back up!!

Depressed Man camp, I believe you and mrbud should get up before you post, think that man has tha right idea of a remedy for you!!!! Cough, cough, pass, pass!!!!

Youwere a lot more physical against Mitchellthan they were against you? Really? Wow...

That's some kinda little girl in grade school tryin to start a fight between 2 boys tactic right there my friend!! Really?? Wow?? Hahahahaha!!!

97 yards and I'd say at least 30 of that was on their final drive when they had 1st and 25 and we played off the line to keep the big pass play in check. Not a factor between their first and last drive.

Maybe.
Our line is undersized compared to TJ. If our line does good we will score alot. So far this year the line has done a great job. Next year they will be even better.
I dont know if we can contain the QB good enough to win though.

I'll wait and see how this fridays game goes before I pick a score.

Maybe.
Our line is undersized compared to TJ. If our line does good we will score alot. So far this year the line has done a great job. Next year they will be even better.
I dont know if we can contain the QB good enough to win though.

I'll wait and see how this fridays game goes before I pick a score.
They were big on the line 3 years ago and had a Athletic QB. We beat em like 32 to 14. They are not physical and haven’t been anytime we played them. Robbinsville physicality will destroy them

They were big on the line 3 years ago and had a Athletic QB. We beat em like 32 to 14. They are not physical and haven’t been anytime we played them. Robbinsville physicality will destroy them
3 years ago? That was more like 5 years ago...And only Cash's 2nd year as head coach. Neither our offense or defense were as good as they are now. And our d-line is better now than it was then.

I’d hated to see it then by the it looked last year then . Y’all bring in a whole new line in this year ?

I’d hated to see it then by the it looked last year then . Y’all bring in a whole new line in this year ?
Most of the OL/DL starters from last year were Seniors. So yes we have a number of new starters on OL/DL this season.

I’d hope you had a couple d linemen with double digit TFL’s at the HS level especially when you’re 11-0. I guess my point is the starting line with the big guys out there isn’t all that great. They play hard for one play and are gassed (for obvious reasons). Relax though - not saying your entire defense is bad...

Are they the guys playing OL and DL?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT