Reactions: mbdfan

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
Denny Rochester - Swain Played at Georgia Tech
Jeff Blaylock - Andrews Played at UNC

PLEASE add to this list any SMC player who played D1
Carl Pickens/Murphy- was a star at Tennessee and was a pro bowl NFL WR
Shawn Johnson/Murphy- played OL at NC State
Butch Sursavage/Andrews- played TE at Clemson and maybe NFL??

Reactions: Wildcat10fan

dmcamp

Jul 1, 2017
It’s not disrespect if it’s the dang truth! You fellas really need to keep your mouths shut until your teams can back up your words. Just saying.
I don't talk crap much... All I did was give an honest opinion about this game...I thought Burris would have a better game than he did...Congrats to Swain's D-Line/Defense for bottling up Burris.

But TJ is not MICS. And Coach Jerry Cash is the 2nd winningest coach behind Gentry for a reason.

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
John Snow - Wake Forest, Willie Brown - App St, Mel Nicely - App St, Carl Pickens - Tennessee, James Shope - App St (signed, never played there due to spinal issue), Shawn Johnson - NC State. A bunch of FCS players at places like Western. Jake Smith had D1 talent but not the grades

Last edited:

Wildcat10fan

Aug 9, 2014
John Snow- Wake Forest, Willie Brown - App St, Mel Nicely - App St, Carl Pickens - Tennessee, James Shope - App St (signed, never made there due to spinal issue), Shawn Johnson NC State. A bunch of FCS players at places like Western
Thank you. I’m slipping. I know all those but age is getting the best of me. Lol

Reactions: mbdfan

Swain79er!

Nov 8, 2011
Well someone said Burris wouldn't start at any of the top 3 SMC schools...So when is the last time the SMC had a RB go to UNC (where Burris is committed) or a better school? And please tell me where the RBs for those top 3 schools in the SMC this season are committed to play.
The top 3 SMC backs are committed to play next Friday! :) Burris next friday?....point guard maybe....?

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
I don't talk crap much... All I did was give an honest opinion about this game...I thought Burris would have a better game than he did...Congrats to Swain's D-Line/Defense for bottling up Burris.

But TJ is not MICS. And Coach Jerry Cash is the 2nd winningest coach behind Gentry for a reason.
TJ has had a great season. They have been pretty good for a few years now. They have certainly come a long ways from where they started (as a program). It will be interesting to see how they do in two weeks against Robbinsville (assuming both teams survive next week).

Reactions: dmcamp

rville20

Aug 29, 2018
John Snow - Wake Forest, Willie Brown - App St, Mel Nicely - App St, Carl Pickens - Tennessee, James Shope - App St (signed, never played there due to spinal issue), Shawn Johnson - NC State. A bunch of FCS players at places like Western. Jake Smith had D1 talent but not the grades
has any noticed murphy didn't play tonight yet they have the best players in the SMC

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
Benji Shuler (Heath’s little brother) played at Tennessee, and Russell Hembree (RB for Andrews in early 90s) I believe walked on at Tennessee.

Reactions: goknightgo

goknightgo

Nov 11, 2010
Yea I know they was not in the SMC just naming players from the mountains that has been to the show. The Streater’s were awesome

mbdfan

Mar 17, 2007
Did Greg Tisho from Swain walk on at UT ?
Yeah but if you start counting walk ons it gets too congested, Murphy has had at least two walk on at UT that I know of: Billy Patterson and Michael Thompson.

NC nole fan

Sep 22, 2001
prove it by playing in the 1AA bracket don't just tell us how great you all are
It’s been proven time and again Looooong before there was ever a 1aa bracket. Don’t be a tool. Everyone (SMC) was getting along tonight but you just had to be THAT guy. Congrats.

Reactions: Swain97

dmcamp

Jul 1, 2017
I mean we respect tj but they did get rolled at Cherokee last year with a 10-1 team. Think Mintz is still running in that one . One of the worst defensive best offensive performances I seen
Mintz was really good...But Cherokee only had roughly 50 more offensive yards or 59 more all purpose yards against TJ than they had against Mitchell.

And TJ had about 56 more all purpose yards against Cherokee than Mitchell

Last edited:

Latest posts