ADVERTISEMENT

MIC @ Bessemer City

Are the students that attend the early college allowed to play sports at Murphy HS?

No. That's been asked over and over with the same answer. The EC has its own sports program. I don't understand why people think Murphy should be counting students at another school that has students from Murphy and Andrews both? I'm not going to respond to idiotic posts on here that seem to get regurgitated yearly on this subject. It is what it is.

No. That's been asked over and over with the same answer. The EC has its own sports program. I don't understand why people think Murphy should be counting students at another school that has students from Murphy and Andrews both? I'm not going to respond to idiotic posts on here that seem to get regurgitated yearly on this subject. It is what it is.

Same as in numerous other school systems. Students that attend the early college are not allowed to play sports and are not counted in the ADMs of their home district school. Moving on...

The only problem I have with it is... two school with 600 kids both in 1a. School (A) has always had 600 kids. School ( B) had 700 but lost 100 nerds to EC. The loss of 100 nerds doesn't affect the football team one bit but school (B) gets to to drop down to 1a. Just seems to me if you get to drop down in competition your team should be affected in some way. Both schools have 600 but school (B ) has the athletes of a school with 700. School (B) has a advantage over school (A) but is looked at as the same. Since its a advantage something need to be done. Districts shouldn't overlap to start with. Maybe half should still be counted.

Does anyone disagree that school (B) has advantage over school (A).?

Reactions: TigerDen1
I think that there is a serious discussion that needs to be had as to whether enrollment alone is sufficient to divide schools anymore, especially because charters aren't going to stop opening, and ECs are going to add sports, so there are going to be a lot more small schools, and they aren't all created equal. And I believe that population a school can draw from is a factor that probably should be looked at.

That being said, all the insinuation that Murphy somehow played with numbers or did something shady is ridiculous. They did the same thing Franklin, Polk, and probably plenty of others did with their EC kids. They all dropped classes, but Murphy is the only one who catches flack for it.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
Does murphy count kids from the oak high school. It's a alternative school.

I would like to say that I'm not insinuating anything. All I pointed out that y'all have an EC. Mics is a charter school. I personally don't care for both. Whatever school is doing that is wrong. However like I said before, you and Mics are following the rules so no point in downing the schools or fans. I'm pissed at the state. It was some of your fans that was crying saying I would feel like them if Mics almost took state title away. I just pointed out he sounded like BK complaining about y'all about the EC. I really didn't mean to open the old discussion up about EC, because it's stupid. Both sides doesn't understand the other side. Its one of those agree to disagree.

Last edited:
This whole thing is laughable. You make it sound like we walk the halls to find 100 unathletic kids and send them to the EC. The best football players I played with were "nerds". I can assure you there are some kids at the EC that would make great football players!

Reactions: The Lake Man
This whole thing is laughable. You make it sound like we walk the halls to find 100 unathletic kids and send them to the EC. The best football players I played with were "nerds". I can assure you there are some kids at the EC that would make great football players!
Is this directed at me. Because if it is I have only pointed out y'all have an EC never said if they were athletes or not. If it's not directed at me have a great Sunday.

I woul like to say that I'm not insinuating anything. All I pointed out that y'all have an EC. Mics is a charter school. I personally don't care for both. Whatever school is doing that is wrong. However like I said before, you and Mics are following the rules so no point in dowing the schools or fans. I'm pissed at the state. It was some of your fans that was crying saying I would feel like them if Mics almost took state title away. I just pointed out he sounded like BK complaining about y'all about the EC. I really didn't mean to open the old discussion up about EC, because it's stupid. Both sides doesn't understand the other side. Its one of those agree to disagree.
Tiger1... these guys don't like pointing there flaws out. In Charlotte H.S's have alternative schools, E.C, magnets, school of arts. Which all those kids come from there home school. To attend, so its kids from all over the county at these schools. Now this is info from a high school A.D I know here. He told me even thou kids attend these other schools. Those kids are supposed to be counted in the total ADM #'s. So if Charlotte has to count them so should every school in the state.

So you think it's not a advantage. Wow dude. Even murphy fans have said it's a advantage.

What's laughable is the PandJ lie.

Now the BIG QUESTION.... HAS OL GENT PUT NEW BATTERIES IN THAT CALCULATOR. And carry the 2, these fingers are for adding.

Enrollment #s. I don't care. My point is y'all sound like BK talking about EC about you guys now y'all talking about how unfair it is that Mics is in 1A. Same thing. I stated previously that Mics should be in different playoff bracket, but if we are being honest so should you guys.
So transfer from Brevard or from tigers to Brevard few years ago that's why yal were halfway decent transfers from brevard

So transfer from Brevard or from tigers to Brevard few years ago that's why yal were halfway decent transfers from brevard
Brevard and Rosman programs have been down last few years. Like tiger1 said people moved away when the big plants closed. I remembered when noone would play Brevard. Cause they were so loaded, my uncles were the 2 best players ever to play there.

We got a transfer this year Sharp kid. Great kid he's hurt. But we lost great athlete to Brevard 2 years ago Shook kid, due to Coaching issues. Also if you go back longer we lost the Brooks kids to Brevard due to Freddie. But if you are referring back to the team that had Rice, Orr,Green that beat Brevard 3 straight years. I have no clue which kid off that team was from Brevard. Because all of the SMC teams can tell you those are true Rosman boys. Played in SMC from JV on.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
I would like to say that I'm not insinuating anything. All I pointed out that y'all have an EC. Mics is a charter school. I personally don't care for both. Whatever school is doing that is wrong. However like I said before, you and Mics are following the rules so no point in downing the schools or fans. I'm pissed at the state. It was some of your fans that was crying saying I would feel like them if Mics almost took state title away. I just pointed out he sounded like BK complaining about y'all about the EC. I really didn't mean to open the old discussion up about EC, because it's stupid. Both sides doesn't understand the other side. Its one of those agree to disagree.

I take that as directed at me for my earlier comments. Pretty sure i wasnt "crying" the blues about it. We did beat MIC and went on to win a state title. Maybe you could care less if your Tigers were in a situation like that. To each their own. As i said before, they belong in a separate playoff system. As far as your comment about Murphy being in a different classification, if the student #s are 1-AA we will be there, if not, we will be 1A.

I know Mal, what a great athlete. You know what's sad about Brevard, even thou they are winning no support from community. Times have definitely changed.
Yea his older brother Bren played at Clemson. Was the FB on there 1981 National Championship team.

MHS I agree with you about Charter schools. I only said I would support Mics if they were in different classification. You are the one that came crying about Mics almost took state title game away. I didn't bring that up you did. As a matter of fact I defended Murphy on Richs other thread. But like I said if we are being honest I truly believe Murphy should be in different classification.Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

Wait I just remembered we got a kicker that year. But that poor kid missed the kick in the playoff game against Murphy to send us to overtime. Great kid thou. Is that who you are talking about CDOC.

MHS I agree with you about Charter schools. I only said I would support Mics if they were in different classification. You are the one that came crying about Mics almost took state title game away. I didn't bring that up you did. As a matter of fact I defended Murphy on Richs other thread. But like I said if we are being honest I truly believe Murphy should be in different classification.Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

You will have to work a lot harder to hurt my feelings TD1 lol.

I take that as directed at me for my earlier comments. Pretty sure i wasnt "crying" the blues about it. We did beat MIC and went on to win a state title. Maybe you could care less if your Tigers were in a situation like that. To each their own. As i said before, they belong in a separate playoff system. As far as your comment about Murphy being in a different classification, if the student #s are 1-AA we will be there, if not, we will be 1A.
You know if that game was in Charlotte. What it would've been, y'all even thanked God it was at the Hill. The last time Murphy had that much excitement. Jeff Postell was grabbing Rudolph from behind them bread racks.

We got a transfer this year Sharp kid. Great kid he's hurt. But we lost great athlete to Brevard 2 years ago Shook kid, due to Coaching issues. Also if you go back longer we lost the Brooks kids to Brevard due to Freddie. But if you are referring back to the team that had Rice, Orr,Green that beat Brevard 3 straight years. I have no clue which kid off that team was from Brevard. Because all of the SMC teams can tell you those are true Rosman boys. Played in SMC from JV on.
That was a great bunch of athletes. I really think if it hadn't been for all the injuries they could have won the SMC and possibly State

That was a great bunch of athletes. I really think if it hadn't been for all the injuries they could have won the SMC and possibly State
Yes, injury's killed us, also bad coaching hurt us too that year. Man I would love to have that year back.

Rich, you are spot on. That game was one of the best games ive watched at the hill. Everything you could ask for and then some.

Tiger1... these guys don't like pointing there flaws out. In Charlotte H.S's have alternative schools, E.C, magnets, school of arts. Which all those kids come from there home school. To attend, so its kids from all over the county at these schools. Now this is info from a high school A.D I know here. He told me even thou kids attend these other schools. Those kids are supposed to be counted in the total ADM #'s. So if Charlotte has to count them so should every school in the state.

Your statement is discombobulated and is referencing different school with different setups. Incorrect information.

Your statement is discombobulated and is referencing different school with different setups. Incorrect information.
Your that one dude who has no life. Your post are annoying, the one close minded dude. Who knows everything but nobody cares what you have to say.

Next you going tell me my ancestry.com DNA huh.? You cant bait me. My response to you for now on " Have a blessed day Btango"
My 1pm Sunday game is on.:eek::eek::eek:;):D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT