ADVERTISEMENT

Metro 4A - 10/20 - Week 6

PagePirates44

Aug 15, 2004
Metro 4A Conference going into Week 4 of conference play.

Grimsley 3-0 (6-0) defeated Western 55-0
NW Guilford 2-1 (4-2) defeated Page 14-7
Page 2-1 (2-4)
N Guilford 2-1 (2-4) defeated Southwest 38-20
SW Guilford 1-2 (3-3)
SE Guilford 1-2 (3-3) defeated Ragsdale 10-7
Ragsdale 1-2 (1-5)
W Guilford 0-3 (1-5)

Week 4 match ups (In Order of importance to playoff implications)

(#2) Northwest @ (#4) Northern
(#3) Page @ (#8) Western
(#6) Southeast @ (#5) Southwest
(#7) Ragsdale @ (#1) Grimsley

Grimsley 36, Ragsdale 6 HALF
Page 35, W Guilford 6 HALF
SE Guilford 12, SW Guilford 6 HALF
NW Guilford 7, N Guilford 0 HALF

Last edited:
Grimsley 50, Ragsdale 6 4Q
Page 49, W Guilford 6 4Q
SW Guilford 20, SE Guilford 12 4Q
N Guilford 14, NW Guilford 14 4Q

Grimsley 56, Ragsdale 6
FINAL

Page 56, W Guilford 6
FINAL

SW Guilford 26, SE Guilford 20
FINAL/OT

NW Guilford 20, N Guilford 14
FINAL/OT

Last edited:
Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
People were saying that NW was going to blow out everyone not named Grimsley. They had a hard time with Page and Northern the past two weeks. Either NW isn't that great, or Page and Northern are making strides.. I think its a little of both.

I imagine also that Northern gets really fired up for Northwest.
My niece said they had a pep rally yesterday, and they called NWG the "red team down the street," she called me and asked, Is Northern playing Page? She said they kept talking about a red team. Then I told her, Page was next week and the pep rally was for their natural rival NW Guilford.

I wasn't referring to the competition of the other games NG and Page have played. I'm only talking about how they looked against NW Guilford.
On not a huge fan of our new coach….not completely writing him off cause we did lose Bristol Carter who is probably one of the best atheletes in county last year but we will
See

Reactions: PagePirates44
Metro 4A Conference going into Week 5 of conference play.

Grimsley 4-0 (7-0) defeated Ragsdale 56-6
NW Guilford 3-1 (5-2) defeated Northern 20-14 in OT
Page 3-1 (3-4) defeated Western 56-6
N Guilford 2-2 (2-5)
SW Guilford 2-2 (4-3) defeated Southeast 26-20 in OT
SE Guilford 1-3 (3-4)
Ragsdale 1-3 (1-6)
W Guilford 0-4 (1-6)

Week 5 match ups (In Order of importance to playoff implications)

(#4) Northern @ (#3) Page
(#1) Grimsley @ (#5) Southwest
(#7) Ragsdale @ (#2) Northwest
(#8) Western @ (#6) Southeast

The Northern @ Page game shapes into a pretty big one. Page can start having playoff hopes with a win. Northern just played a very tough game against Northwest and laid it all out on the line in a tough loss. It might be tough for them to recover mentally from it. I heard they are pretty banged up from the game. I like Page at home in a close one.

Reactions: PagePirate1989
The Northern @ Page game shapes into a pretty big one. Page can start having playoff hopes with a win. Northern just played a very tough game against Northwest and laid it all out on the line in a tough loss. It might be tough for them to recover mentally from it. I heard they are pretty banged up from the game. I like Page at home in a close one.
Go Pirates!!

I think page will win by 21 or more….

Page was down 21-7 at half in a game they played without their starting QB. Came roaring back in the 2nd half 25-21. Page played last couple of offensive possessions with "3rd String" QB, starting RB Andrews. Northern would have gotten the ball back with around 4 minutes left, Page punted, but the live ball touched a Northern player and Page recovered. Northern tried to go up with under a minute left, but turned the ball over on downs on 4th and 10 from the 30. Page made adjustments in the 2nd half on defense and came up with a huge pick 6 to go up 22-21, after a nifty 2 pt conversion.

Last edited:
Page is coming off two gut-wrenching victories. Coach Rob will have them ready. Whirlies will roll by the 3rd quarter.
I wouldn't call the Western Guilford game a gut-wrenching victory. But yeah the Northern win and NW loss were pretty emotional. But, in a good way.

Page showed alot of grit and determination last night. Some really good halftime adjustments were made. This team has a lot of heart.

Reactions: PagePirate1989
Metro 4A Conference going into Week 6 of conference play.

Grimsley 5-0 (8-0) defeated Southwest 49-6
NW Guilford 4-1 (6-2) defeated Ragsdale 31-0
Page 4-1 (4-4) defeated Northern 25-21
N Guilford 2-3 (3-5)
SW Guilford 2-3 (4-4)
W Guilford 1-4 (2-6) defeated Southeast 24-20
SE Guilford 1-4 (3-5)
Ragsdale 1-4 (1-7)

Week 6 match ups (In order of importance to playoff implications)

(#3) Page @ (#1) Grimsley
(#7) Southeast @ (#2) Northwest
(#6) Western @ (#4) Northern
(#8) Ragsdale @ (#5) Southwest

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT