ADVERTISEMENT

Metro 4 Thoughts

The whole point of scheduling the Guilford County directional schools is to try and put them on the schedule when they are on an upswing in talent and are one of the better teams in the area. For example, in the non-conference Page has scheduled Northern Guilford (when they had Coach Roscoe), Eastern Guilford (when they had coach Robertson), and Northeast Guilford (In the 2000s when they had Coach Pursley), when they were all strong opponents. I don't see Grimsley doing that.

Last edited:
Wait.... what??? Out of the 11 programs I named, 7 of them are well above average programs that are in the TRIAD AREA, that have scheduled Page... but Grimsley won't play them.... 7 is almost a handful and a half that are right here in our back yard in the Triad. But Grimsley is more worried about keeping their W/L record Cuppycake Pretty.
Oh yeah I know, I was just saying how “power houses” (at least that’s what they think they are) hit the road. They do that because once they start losing all those kids will leave. They will start to leave soon anyways once they realize Grimsley isn’t winning a championship again for a very long time.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Like I've said over the past year or 2, it will be interesting to see how Grimsley handles it when they have to develop their own talent, instead of winning a title with Page's QB and RB leading the offense. Now that those kids are gone, it evens out the playing field, even though they are still funneling kids in from around the county, some how. Page has dominated Grimsley in the rivalry head to head, where Page will win 10-15 years in a row and then lose a few in a row, so I will admit that it gets quite boring when Grimsley is bad all the time, so having some competition is a nice change of pace, just don't expect Page to stay down. Page's districts talent ceiling is very high. Grimsley's not as high, but they've been supplementing it with talent from outside their lines.

Reactions: LC3III
Like I've said over the past year or 2, it will be interesting to see how Grimsley handles it when they have to develop their own talent, instead of winning a title with Page's QB and RB leading the offense. Now that those kids are gone, it evens out the playing field, even though they are still funneling kids in from around the county, some how. Page has dominated Grimsley in the rivalry head to head, where Page will win 10-15 years in a row and then lose a few in a row, so I will admit that it gets quite boring when Grimsley is bad all the time, so having some competition is a nice change of pace, just don't expect Page to stay down. Page's districts talent ceiling is very high. Grimsley's not as high, but they've been supplementing it with talent from outside their lines.
Their coach is just a good recruiter but an average coach as far as play calling goes. They have so much momentum right now that kids are going straight there to play from youth football out of district, just like that rising freshmen qb they got that’s big time. We will see though, once they don’t make it past the second or third round this year kids will start to leave. This will change soon though because most of the schools in the conference has new coaches and most kids are staying at their respective schools now.

For the life of me I don't see how the so called " experts " have Northen Guilford coming in second place or contending for the title . With all the losses from the squad of last year, I think third or fourth place is more realistic than contending, and sixth place wouldn't be a shock. The Nighthawks will probably upset a top tier team, maybe Page, and maybe give Grimsley a run for the money in the last game of the season at Grimsley, but no way Northern contends this year. I thought they'd make a deep run last year, but that didn't work out all that well.

Yeah, I was shocked they lost that first game

For the life of me I don't see how the so called " experts " have Northen Guilford coming in second place or contending for the title . With all the losses from the squad of last year, I think third or fourth place is more realistic than contending, and sixth place wouldn't be a shock. The Nighthawks will probably upset a top tier team, maybe Page, and maybe give Grimsley a run for the money in the last game of the season at Grimsley, but no way Northern contends this year. I thought they'd make a deep run last year, but that didn't work out all that well.
The so called “experts” only be knowing surface level information about these players and teams. I agree with everything you said about northern this year. I really think the top 4 teams in conference games could go either way this year.

I like the unpredictability of the conference this year. It's not even a given that Grimsley will run away with it all. yes they should be talented, but Barnett was a lot of their mojo the last 2 years. QB's like him aren't just growing on trees. It's going to be amazing to see what happens when kids decide the next school they want to turn into a powerhouse. Because let's be honest, the kids are deciding who the local powerhouses are based on where they are going to transfer to.

Last edited:
Reactions: New3ra
I like the unpredictability of the conference this year. It's not even a given that Grimsley will run away with it all. yes they should be talented, but Barnett was a lot of their mojo the last 2 years. QB's like him aren't just growing on trees. It's going to be amazing to see what happens when kids decide the next school they want to turn into a powerhouse. Because let's be honest, the kids are deciding who the local powerhouses are based on where they are going to transfer to.
I have no clue what kids will "decide" and don't care about kids transferring into Page, but I do know what we have now and Page has A LOT of young talent. Jerron Blackwell is a freak. Coach has these young men goin' and the strength program has really taken hold now in year 3.

Rising Soph Safety/WR/QB Jerron Blackwell

Last edited:
I have no clue what kids will "decide" and don't care about kids transferring into Page, but I do know what we have now and Page has A LOT of young talent. Jerron Blackwell is a freak. Coach has these young men goin' and the strength program has really taken hold now in year 3.

A LOT of young talent? that’s a bit of a reach. Things are headed in the right direction for sure though.

I think that kid will get some d1 offers

Dude is definitely talented! He'll cause people a lot of issues on both sides of the ball

I think there may be some surprises in store for the conference. But, at the same time, maybe not, seeing as how there seems to be a consensus that after the 1 spot, it's a toss up. Parity in sport is a good thing and it's great for the sport. If kids think you can only win at a certain program that's where they will gravitate to.

Last edited:
Dude is definitely talented! He'll cause people a lot of issues on both sides of the ball
I wish he would focus more on football than basketball because he could be even better than he is already.

I’ve seen them a lot this summer, also know some of the boys. Knew jerron since he was little since he played little league. Page is definitely building something. Just do us all a favor and upset Grimsley this year.
You're probably a coach for an area team then, or a parent of a player at another school. It's okay if you are reluctant to say Page has a lot of talent, it may not be blue chip 5 star prospect talent, but there is a lot and you cant see it all at 7on7s.

As for Grimsley, most likely Page will keep it closer than last year and close the gap even more. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised this year, and we can come out with an upset.

Last edited:
You're probably a coach for an area team then, or a parent of a player at another school. It's okay if you are reluctant to say Page has a lot of talent, it may not be blue chip 5 star prospect talent, but there is a lot and you cant see it all at 7on7s.

As for Grimsley, most likely Page will keep it closer than last year and close the gap even more. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised this year, and we can come out with an upset.

Hey are you the guy that went to unc Charlotte?

The season start in less than 3 weeks so we shall see. As far as beating them, if you have two guys that stay with their wrs you can. Their o/c isn’t good and they run the same 2-3 routes and plays. They just relied on Barnetts scrambling ability to save them last year.

I went to the Page/Eastern Alamance scrimmage this past Wednesday. It was a good test for both ball clubs. Eastern Alamance is 3A top 5 in the state for a reason. They looked experienced and will win a lot of ball games this year. For the most part, 2 pretty evenly matched teams. Great work for both programs, no injuries, and both got better. I was able to catch some other scrimmages too, it's going to be another fun year of football in NC this year! :)

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
I went to the Page/Eastern Alamance scrimmage this past Wednesday. It was a good test for both ball clubs. Eastern Alamance is 3A top 5 in the state for a reason. They looked experienced and will win a lot of ball games this year. For the most part, 2 pretty evenly matched teams. Great work for both programs, no injuries, and both got better. I was able to catch some other scrimmages too, it's going to be another fun year of football in NC this year! :)
Wish I could’ve caught that scrimmage. I knew you guys play Dudley and Reidsville but I didn’t realize y’all play Mt.Tabor as well. That’s tough but definitely will prepare Page for conference/playoffs.

Reactions: PagePirates44
Wish I could’ve caught that scrimmage. I knew you guys play Dudley and Reidsville but I didn’t realize y’all play Mt.Tabor as well. That’s tough but definitely will prepare Page for conference/playoffs.
Page does not run away from playing great programs in the non conference

Was not a blow out by either team. Actually neither team ran over the other one. Pretty Evenly matched.

Was not a blow out by either team. Actually neither team ran over the other one. Pretty Evenly matched.
Yeah, I heard both teams were very competitive. I know that Page rotated a lot of guys. Page never tries to "win" a scrimmage like some of these other schools. There has been a pretty big battle for starter at quite a few positions for Page this year. Which is great, means we have good depth again.

Depth will definitely help in this conference and hopefully give younger guys a chance to get better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT