ADVERTISEMENT

Metro 4 Thoughts

Will Grimsley win it again or is there another school who will step up?
Page is young but trending up from 2 years ago to last year.
Northern lost 24 seniors and return 2-3 on offense.
Southeast lost 3-4 playmakers on both sides of the ball.
Western and Southwest have a new HC. Southwest has a solid and talented young group.
Northwest was pretty young as well and returns their signal caller.

Grimsley ‘reloads’ and returns their entire offensive line as well as 3 top tier WR/TE and can they replace Barnett.

Grimsley and Northern are the favorites according to the experts and ratings. Grimsley loses their starting QB, RB and DT but return some wideouts and are supposedly getting some new recruits from other schools around the area.

Last edited:
True but northern with their loses and a JV team that wasn’t good is a stretch to me. Agree on grimsley at this point! I think Today:
Grimsley
Page
Southwest
Southeast
Northwest
Northern
Western
Ragsdale

Page v Southwest will be big conference opener and could decide 2nd/3rd

True but northern with their loses and a JV team that wasn’t good is a stretch to me. Agree on grimsley at this point! I think Today:
Grimsley
Page
Southwest
Southeast
Northwest
Northern
Western
Ragsdale

Page v Southwest will be big conference opener and could decide 2nd/3rd
If all the boys from southeast didn’t transfer I would’ve picked them to beat Grimsley. They took them to the wire last year and was actually up late. Grimsley should win though, they take the best players from their conference opponents teams. Page on the other hand imo does not look good at all. I know it’s still early and they aren’t in pads yet but it’s a toss up after Grimsley.

I can understand will be young. Their JV finished middle of pack. They lost a lot of production so true. The conference as a whole will be a battle.

Anyone who knows football will tell you that Barnett, Shaw and #22 for Grimsley were the heart and soul of that team, you just don’t replace a D1 QB and keep the train moving I believe they will have their slumps this season

here’s my order:
Grimsley/Southeast/Northwest
Northern
Southwest
Western
Ragsdale

Reactions: New3ra
I agree with that assessment but with all their OL returning, oh boy! Northern is losing too much imo, NW wasn’t very good and neither was their JV. I could see SE in top tier despite the losses of skill players.

Anyone who knows football will tell you that Barnett, Shaw and #22 for Grimsley were the heart and soul of that team, you just don’t replace a D1 QB and keep the train moving I believe they will have their slumps this season

here’s my order:
Grimsley/Southeast/Northwest
Northern
Southwest
Western
Ragsdale
You forgot page but you’re right about the slumps they will have.

What are you basing this on? I'm genuinely curious.
Seeing them practice and so far in the 7 on7’s. It doesn’t take much to see when a team lacks great talent. They will progressively improve as the season goes on like they did last year but I don’t expect much this year again.

Page is young and they will be a run based team but they have some talent. To me as I’ve said, I see 2nd or 3rd (probably 3rd)

Seeing them practice and so far in the 7 on7’s. It doesn’t take much to see when a team lacks great talent. They will progressively improve as the season goes on like they did last year but I don’t expect much this year again.
This is why i asked. rule #1 of watching a practice and a 7on7 of a team tells you nothing.

7v7s are not realistic. For example, you have a coaching telling you that you have to kneel a blitzer before the snap, well that’s idiotic and at least have them do it at the snap. Also, some kids in 7v7 may not play O or D, maybe kids are missing.
Saw a 7v7 team that had the number 2 seed in a tourney but their team hasn’t won more than 3 games the past decade and their coaches were fighting with each other. It’s not an indicator.

• Haha
Reactions: Serstylz2
Everyone has been saying this for ages
As I stated before, it doesn’t take much to see when a team lacks talent. Depending on how much you know football, a practice can show you a lot. I wouldn’t be shocked if y’all came second in the conference or 4th.

I haven't seen the team yet with my own eyes, so I'm not arguing against your point. Where do you think they lack talent?

If you're comparing this year's team with Page's 4AA runners up in 16 and 17 then sure, we are young and still building the program back up to where it should be.

But I'm still wondering where you think they lack it.

Last edited:
No way SWG is Top 3 in this conference with new coach coming in so late.

Grimsley lost a lot but got a few key transfers from SE Guilford.

Here's how i see it. Not that my opinion matters 😅

1. Grimsley
2. Page
3. NW Guilford
4. Northern
5. SW Guilford
6. SE Guilford
7. Ragsdale
8. Western

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra

1. Grimsley
2. Page
3. NW Guilford
4. Northern
5. SW Guilford
6. SE Guilford
7. Ragsdale
8. Western
I’d be interested to see the explanation around all these picks especially Page at #2 with them losing their all everything RB

1. Grimsley
2. Page
3. NW Guilford
4. Northern
5. SW Guilford
6. SE Guilford
7. Ragsdale
8. Western
The conference is down and anybody after Grimsley from 2-6 can be placed in any order. It’s all going to come down to coaching.

Last edited:
What puts Grimsley at the top?
Because they have the most returning and transfers from their conference opponents teams. They will be good but not great. I don’t know why they ranked page 2nd and southeast 6th. I wouldn’t be surprised if southeast beats them again. They only lost two players who are supposed to be returning that actually played last year. The quarterback that transferred to Grimsley got hurt last year anyways. They beat page with the quarterback that they have returning and they still have cam and a few others.

Reactions: Incognito75
I mean SE could be at the top but 2-4 imo. Grimsley returns entire OL and 3 top WR targets. Yeah, young at QB but all he has to do is be efficient, not great.
Page is an anomaly in the sense that they lost key guys and while they do have another big rb no one can say he’ll produce like the other one. They will be young!

Because they have the most returning and transfers from their conference opponents teams. They will be good but not great. I don’t know why they ranked page 2nd and southeast 6th. I wouldn’t be surprised if southeast beats them again. They only lost two players who are supposed to be returning that actually played last year. The quarterback that transferred to Grimsley got hurt last year anyways. They beat page with the quarterback that they have returning and they still have cam and a few others.
SE was "supposed" to dominate a "down" young rebuilding Page program last year and won by a point. The gap has been closed already....

True. When you lose playmakers in HS it hurts badly! SE has that rb but without another real playmaker teams can stack the run.

SE was "supposed" to dominate a "down" young rebuilding Page program last year and won by a point. The gap has been closed already....
All I said was I wouldn’t be surprised if they beat them again. Both teams suck if we being real so it don’t really matter. Both their jv teams were bad too so it’s going to be a while before either team is good.

I mean SE could be at the top but 2-4 imo. Grimsley returns entire OL and 3 top WR targets. Yeah, young at QB but all he has to do is be efficient, not great.
Page is an anomaly in the sense that they lost key guys and while they do have another big rb no one can say he’ll produce like the other one. They will be young!
Grimsley not young at quarterback..they got the rising senior from southeast who got hurt last year and lost his job to another now rising senior.

Grimsley not young at quarterback..they got the rising senior from southeast who got hurt last year and lost his job to another now rising senior.
True and that makes my point even more. Jeez hard to keep up with their portal signees

Reactions: Warhead1
All I know it going to be a competitive conference- Grimsley maybe the favor but should be a lot good games to be played

SE Guilfords starting QB their best WR and also another player maybe the RB all transferred to Grimsley.

Grimsley already had 2 D1 WRs on their team. Now they have 3 D1 WRs a QB to throw them the ball and a 5 Star DLINEMEN. Grimsley is the team to beat in Guilford County and SE Guilfords going to fall to the bottom 1/3 of the conference

SE Guilfords starting QB their best WR and also another player maybe the RB all transferred to Grimsley.

Grimsley already had 2 D1 WRs on their team. Now they have 3 D1 WRs a QB to throw them the ball and a 5 Star DLINEMEN. Grimsley is the team to beat in Guilford County and SE Guilfords going to fall to the bottom 1/3 of the conference
The Dlinemen is not a 5 star..on most recruiting sites he’s a 3 star and he’s the one that is supposed to go to smith. The quarterback that transferred to Grimsley didn’t play last year cause he got hurt early and another now rising senior took his job. The best player southeast had left is still there and wasn’t able to transfer. Anyone after Grimsley can either finish second or last. It will come down to coaching cause they all are down.

NW Guilford is 2 maybe 3 IMO.

NWG has IMO the best offensive coach in Kevin Wallace. Their young QB started every game as a Sophomore last yr and is getting better. NW returns all 5 on the Oline. Cloud has multiple D1 offers at WR. Their other WR had multiple D1 offers but is committed to play baseball at ECU. They have a very talented slot WR who maybe the best on the team he's just under sized. NWG got several transfers back from HP Christian Academy on defense. They could push Grimsley but I think they're still a player or two behind them.

His Twitter says he has a 5 star rating from Rivals and 247 sports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT