ADVERTISEMENT

Metro 4 Thoughts

NW Guilford is 2 maybe 3 IMO.

NWG has IMO the best offensive coach in Kevin Wallace. Their young QB started every game as a Sophomore last yr and is getting better. NW returns all 5 on the Oline. Cloud has multiple D1 offers at WR. Their other WR had multiple D1 offers but is committed to play baseball at ECU. They have a very talented slot WR who maybe the best on the team he's just under sized. NWG got several transfers back from HP Christian Academy on defense. They could push Grimsley but I think they're still a player or two behind them.
247 sports has him as the 26th best defensive linemen lol that’s not bad though, he still will go to college for free..but anyways, I’m glad you brought up northwest cause they are a sleeper. If you go back and watch when they played Grimsley last year it was actually a close first half. They started making a few mistakes and it got out of reach but they could upset them. Grimsley will be good but not as good as they were. I agree also on the northwest coach..outside of Dudley’s OC, I think he is the best in the area. I think Grimsley usually only wins because of all the transfers/talent but I think NW has better play calling.

Last edited:
Not to mention Page and SEG were tied at the end of regulation and Page went for 2 and was a foot away from winning the game in OT. The "all-everything" runningback was gassed at that point in the contest. Page will be a lot more balanced this season on offense and will have multiple talented runners toting the rock as well, instead of relying on one monster. Also, the thing that no one is talking about, Page will have a lot more depth this year and not nearly as many guys going both ways.

Best OC? Where? In Guilford county? NC? How long has he been at NW?

I was talking about in guilford county besides Dudley’s OC. They might not get top talent every year or make deep runs but he can coach. I’m not sure how long but it hasn’t been long.

I have
1.Grimsley
2. Page
3. Nwg
4.Northern
5. Southeast
6. Ragsdale
7. Western guilford

Yes! Where have you been? Talk to the actual coaches in the area not a bunch of HS Football fans. The coaches will tell you Wallace is an incredible Football coach. I've been following NWG Football for 30 years and outside of Woodruff from 07-13 he's one of the best coaches we've ever had at this school. NW was completely ran into the ground and he's had to rebuild without very much help.

Reactions: New3ra
Why are you so high on SWG? Do you coach there? Just wondering how you think they're better when they were senior heavy and lost their Head Coach oh and new guy wasn't hired until Mid June.

No Spring Ball plus only 3 weeks of work this summer due to dead periods. No real strength program in place. I'm pulling for the SWG cowboys but with those odds it seems they will finish below .500 unless they're loaded with freaks which I haven't heard anything on. Please enlighten me on them

Why are you so high on SWG? Do you coach there? Just wondering how you think they're better when they were senior heavy and lost their Head Coach oh and new guy wasn't hired until Mid June.

No Spring Ball plus only 3 weeks of work this summer due to dead periods. No real strength program in place. I'm pulling for the SWG cowboys but with those odds it seems they will finish below .500 unless they're loaded with freaks which I haven't heard anything on. Please enlighten me on them
He’s probably high on SWG same reason you’re still high on Grimsley even though they lost a D1 QB, and 2 D1 Defensive Lineman and brought in some unproven players from others schools!

Reactions: cimsies and New3ra
I look at every roster, I know many kids from all teams. Never said they were winning conference but 2-5 is wide open.

I look at every roster, I know many kids from all teams. Never said they were winning conference but 2-5 is wide open.
Same and I agree. They may possibly get upset once in conference play and the games will be closer than last year but I see them coming in first. The rest of the teams games will come down to coaching.

How does a head injury happen in a 7on7? especially one severe enough to be out the whole season?

How does a head injury happen in a 7on7? especially one severe enough to be out the whole season?
Easily, you can go up for a ball and come down on your head. It’s a few ways and that’s why at a lot of 7on7 tournaments now, you see some teams with the padded things on their head.

Easily, you can go up for a ball and come down on your head. It’s a few ways and that’s why at a lot of 7on7 tournaments now, you see some teams with the padded things on their head.
right, that's just a pretty rare injury. Page plays 7on7s with their helmets on.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Helmets should ALWAYS be used in an organized football practice. especially in one that is against another team, which is generally more competitive...

Would Grimsley even beat Dudley. Its a shame they don't play
I don’t think so and it’s also a shame they don’t play Reidsville but Reidsville plays page. I think both schools should schedule a non conference game against another power house like some of the Charlotte schools do.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
I don’t think so and it’s also a shame they don’t play Reidsville but Reidsville plays page. I think both schools should schedule a non conference game against another power house like some of the Charlotte schools do.

Agree 100%

Grimsley too scared to play very strong non-conference opponents.. they always schedule some weaker programs and the coach will call them "very tough" in interviews leading up to the game, when they never see a close game against them... Clayton, Cox Mill, Asheboro, Athens Drive, Knightdale, Pinecrest, Jordan, Morehead... (no disrespect to these programs, but they aren't usually title contenders) the list goes on and on with the usual Guilford County directional schools too, but they never seem to schedule anyone tough or state title contenders. Page on the other hand scheduling programs like Butler, Highland Springs, Va., Dudley, Reidsville, Mt Tabor, Davie, East Forsyth, West Forsyth, Reagan, Northern Guilford, GW Danville, all in non-conference over the last 10 years or so...

Last edited:
Grimsley too scared to play very strong non-conference opponents.. they always schedule some weaker programs and the coach will call them "very tough" in interviews leading up to the game, when they never see a close game against them... Clayton, Cox Mill, Asheboro, Athens Drive, Knightdale, Pinecrest, Jordan, Morehead... (no disrespect to these programs, but they aren't usually title contenders) the list goes on and on with the usual Guilford County directional schools too, but they never seem to schedule anyone tough or state title contenders. Page on the other hand scheduling programs like Butler, Highland Springs, Va., Dudley, Reidsville, Mt Tabor, Davie, East Forsyth, West Forsyth, Reagan, Northern Guilford, GW Danville, all in non-conference over the 10 years or so...
It’s really only a handful of good programs in the state that are willing to hit the road and play competition. That’s why programs like creek have my respect because ever since they opened they have been playing teams from sc,etc. look at Shelby in 2a for example, they win almost every year but won’t play nobody. Grimsley should have at least one big non conference game at least, especially the way they pluck everyone’s players now in their conference.

It’s really only a handful of good programs in the state that are willing to hit the road and play competition. That’s why programs like creek have my respect because ever since they opened they have been playing teams from sc,etc. look at Shelby in 2a for example, they win almost every year but won’t play nobody. Grimsley should have at least one big non conference game at least, especially the way they pluck everyone’s players now in their conference.

Wait.... what??? Out of the 11 programs I named, 7 of them are well above average programs that are in the TRIAD AREA, that have scheduled Page... but Grimsley won't play them.... 7 is almost a handful and a half that are right here in our back yard in the Triad. But Grimsley is more worried about keeping their W/L record Cuppycake Pretty.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT