ADVERTISEMENT

MaxPreps 4A Top 25 Predictions Week 6

mrhonda

Nov 12, 2012
Had a great week with the predictions last week, going 16-1. For the year I'm at 78-13-1. We have two games this week, where the higher ranked team is being made the underdog. We have two games between top 25 teams. The predictions are below.

1. Myers Park 62 Garinger 8

2. Richmond 50 Purnell Swett 6

4. Mallard Creek 24 (3) Vance 19

5. West Forsyth – Idle

6. Cardinal Gibbons 36 (14) Leesville Road 20

7. East Forsyth – Idle

8. Grimsley 31 Knightdale 14

9. Scotland 28 (13) Jack Britt 14

10. Wake Forest 42 (9 2A) Wallace-Rose Hill 14

11. Butler 38 Rocky River 12

12. Reagan 44 (21 3A) Parkland 27

15. Porter Ridge 35 East Mecklenburg 3

16. Hickory Ridge 35 Independence 24

17. Ardrey Kell 35 South Mecklenburg 13

18. Pinecrest 28 Seventy-First 21

19. Hough 46 Hopewell 14

20. South View 42 (3A) Westover 17

21. New Bern 32 (3A) Rose 28

22. Lake Norman 24 West Charlotte 21

23. Mooresville 34 North Mecklenburg 20

24. Holly Springs 52 South Garner 6

Harding 27 (25) Olympic 23

Honda in your ranking you have Creek beating vance this week, this stuff
is all about the numbers, how is it possible for number 3 to win AT number 1
and those numbers be correct

Last edited:
Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Honda in your ranking you have Creek beating vance this week, this stuff
is all about the numbers, how is it possible for number 3 to win AT number 1
and those numbers be correct
Take a look again at my rankings post. It’s about how well they’re playing at this point in time against the schedule they’ve played up to this point. There are many factors that go into the ratings. One particular figure sticks out to me...schedule strength. MaxPreps has Vance’s schedule strength at 17.3. Mallard Creek’s is 30.3. Massey has Vance’s SOS at 29.28 whereas Mallard Creek’s is at 51.17. To me, though many other figures are similar, Vance’s rating was accomplished against a weaker schedule. Thus Mallard Creek was made the favorite by 5.

Once Again.....
So your numbers tell you that vance is the #1 team and Creek
is the #3 team, whats their purpose if your pick doesn't go by your numbers, does the system have a flaw that you just label honda override when you want to take the other team or have a gut feeling on a game, what validity do your numbers have then?
Sure I have Mallard picked in my pigskin picks and they darn sure
would be number1 and Vance lower if I wanted my system respected and
not ridiculed by sticklers like me......
Massey System you referenced has Rich #1 and Creek #2 and if you matched the teams up
Richmond wins with their matchup tool which I would expect to be the outcome since their
numbers say that..I would think the same should be for the Honda system.

Last edited:
Honda! Myers Park was handled last year the 2nd half in their lost against Vance. Vance has all of those guys coming back. Myers Park lost coaches and guys in the trenches. What happened over the summer that made them #1 in your eyes?

Honda! Myers Park was handled last year the 2nd half in their lost against Vance. Vance has all of those guys coming back. Myers Park lost coaches and guys in the trenches. What happened over the summer that made them #1 in your eyes?
They’re not #1 in my eyes. The predictions are based on MaxPreps ratings. Check out my ratings in another post. I have Myers Park at #4.

Reactions: nepsy7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT