ADVERTISEMENT

Mask worn on court???

I’m definitely taking the vaccine
Please do, my brother. I caught the virus back in September, and it humbled the crap out of me. I never took it seriously, and thought much of it was media induced panic. I mocked my parents and siblings for being so paranoid. I literally walked around with a mask in my pocket, just in case I was prohibited from entering places without one.

I walk around in good shape, bro, and hardly ever get sick. That virus had me reevaluating my life, and thinking about things I have never thought much about. This virus is very real, and those symptoms that you can read in google, that’s associated with the virus is spot on. Believe you me!

If my mom were to get that virus, it would in all likelihood end her life, due to pre existing underlying conditions that she already has. I highly suggest the vaccine, and this is coming from a person who has never even had a flu shot. Respect this thing, people! I learned to the hard way.

Last edited:
Please do, my brother. I caught the virus back in September, and it humbled the crap out of me. I never took it seriously, and thought much of it was media induced panic. I mocked my parents and siblings for being so paranoid. I literally walked around with a mask in my pocket, just in case I was prohibited from entering places without one.

I walk around in good shape, bro, and hardly ever get sick. That virus had me reevaluating my life, and thinking about things I have never thought much about. This virus is very real, and those symptoms that you can read in google, that are associated with the virus is spot on. Believe you me!

If my mom were to get that that virus, it would in all likelihood end her life, due to pre existing underlying conditions that she already has. I highly suggest the vaccine, and this is coming from a person who has never even had a flu shot. Respect this thing, people! I learned to the hard way.
Thanks for that, LA.
After my near death experience with H1N1 in 2014, I was interviewed by the local tv station. One of the things I said is that the easiest lesson you’ll ever learn is from seeing somebody who had to learn it the hard way. You’re a great illustration of that. Hope folks listen.

I was in the gas station yesterday in Franklin and i was the only one with mask out of 20 ppl.
I work all over WNC. Different county from week to week and I happened to work in Franklin this week and I def agree with you. I haven't seen anywhere else around here so nonchalant about mask wearing. Surprised their numbers aren't way higher.

I will say this much, tonight I will be attending my 7th or 8th Volleyball game, 5th different school. I have not heard a single player, coach, fan or administrator complain about a mask. They are all just happy to be competing.

playing volleyball with a mask on and playing basketball with a mask on are not the same thing. The same volleyball players that wear masks are the same basketball players saying it’s impossible.

Reactions: UNC91
I know many now who have had it. Thankfully, I don’t know anyone who has died. The only common thing that can say is that this virus seems to have a wide range of affects.

I do agree that older people are more vulnerable. Young people not so much.

Lion, one thing you did seem to verify is that wearing a mask didn’t prevent you from getting it? Most of the people I know that got sick that was the case. They did everything right and still got it. That only proves to me that so much of what we are doing, and have done, is futile.

We’ve screwed up the process and a lot of people along with it.

Hope the vaccine is effective.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
I know many now who have had it. Thankfully, I don’t know anyone who has died. The only common thing that can say is that this virus seems to have a wide range of affects.

I do agree that older people are more vulnerable. Young people not so much.

Lion, one thing you did seem to verify is that wearing a mask didn’t prevent you from getting it? Most of the people I know that got sick that was the case. They did everything right and still got it. That only proves to me that so much of what we are doing, and have done, is futile.

We’ve screwed up the process and a lot of people along with it.

Hope the vaccine is effective.
Unfortunately, for most folks, there are times we let our guard down. Taking off the mask to eat in public. Becoming a little lax about hand washing or mask maintenance. Even being around people in our houses who may be positive and asymptomatic. Going to church and the hugs and handshakes that sometimes accompany that.
Masks have been shown to be effective. But neither masks nor the vaccine are foolproof. They’re just much better than the alternative.

Unfortunately, for most folks, there are times we let our guard down. Taking off the mask to eat in public. Becoming a little lax about hand washing or mask maintenance. Even being around people in our houses who may be positive and asymptomatic. Going to church and the hugs and handshakes that sometimes accompany that.
Masks have been shown to be effective. But neither masks nor the vaccine are foolproof. They’re just much better than the alternative.

Foolproof? Please stop with your narrative man. Its not getting anywhere. Masks dont work. Never will never have. You can spread through the mask dude. Go somewhere else with this bs you spread please

Reactions: rambbq and BK13T-$

I walk around in good shape, bro, and hardly ever get sick. That virus had me reevaluating my life, and thinking about things I have never thought much about. This virus is very real, and those symptoms that you can read in google, that’s associated with the virus is spot on. Believe you me!

If my mom were to get that virus, it would in all likelihood end her life, due to pre existing underlying conditions that she already has. I highly suggest the vaccine, and this is coming from a person who has never even had a flu shot. Respect this thing, people! I learned to the hard way.

Glad you’re ok bro. I’m taking it way more serious then I use to. I always took it serious though.

playing volleyball with a mask on and playing basketball with a mask on are not the same thing. The same volleyball players that wear masks are the same basketball players saying it’s impossible.
My only point is, no one is complaining. I will bet you if it comes down to wearing a mask or not playing they will choose to wear a mask.

Bladen county has delayed start of Basketball because of mask requirements, not COVID-19, but of course COVID-19 is the reason for the mask.

My only point is, no one is complaining. I will bet you if it comes down to wearing a mask or not playing they will choose to wear a mask.

Bladen county has delayed start of Basketball because of mask requirements, not COVID-19, but of course COVID-19 is the reason for the mask.

there will be more that will follow. I already know of 2 separate schools who have had a kid fall out due to the mask + heavy breathing = lack of oxygen. It led to an asthma attack made only worse with the panic attack that followed. Wearing a mask while playing basketball makes 0 sense IF we are following Science.

I don’t think masks or social distancing make all that much difference. There is no real science behind either. A lot of us do it because we are told we have to.

The virus is here to stay like most pathogens. Good hygiene has always been important but some people aren’t clean. Older vulnerable populations have always been vulnerable. If someone is older and in poor health they can die from almost anything.

With all of the above I’d play in a mask just to be able to play. In fact, anyone that has had to run in cold air will attest to the fact that it isn’t fun. A mask might be perfect for February football.

While I dont like the Mask n all - I understand it! I just hope we can play because there is still a chance basketball, football n other sports may not happen in NC due to another shut down or whatever but If NOT - Mask is the only alternative to play!

Even HS Referees , Coaches n everyone has to wear a mask. We have Adjust and Adapt to it until its safer not to have all these Protocols n rules in place

I have stayed away from posting about mask wearing because it didn’t at first have anything to do with playing sports. Well now it does. Do I wear one? When in public or at work yes. When I’m fixing a fence or digging a ditch no because I am alone. If I had a dime for all my friends and/or neighbors who have said they ain’t wearing one because they ain’t afraid well you know... The mask wearing is not to protect yourself. It’s to protect others from you. Why that makes a person a lion for not wearing one I have no idea. Is there science backing this? Of course there is but in today’s political realm you either believe it or shout it down. I was hesitant to post this but this thread is starting on that merry go round again.

Masks are effective. We've used them in certain environments to control flu (like in healthcare, when providers can't get a flu shot) and tuberculosis for years. East Asian countries are very familiar with mask wearing and have been for years. I don't know the answer to playing basketball in masks but the science and the study of the effectiveness behind them is not a new concept for people who have dealt in disease control before.

I had it back in October. Lost my sense of smell, mild Joint pain, mild headaches. No fever, no cough. I was blessed to be on what I presume was the mild end of its effects. Most people that have really struggled and/or passed away have had an underlying condition such as Diabetes, COPD, heart issues etc.

Prayers to all out there.

Reactions: thekidd12 and UNC91
I'm a cancer survivor so know what its like to be bed ridden, sick with a weak immune system due to chemo, so I take this sort of thing serious. I wear a mask in public around people and refrain from dining in restaurants, get everything to go/drive-threw and dont hang around crowded areas. Dont wear a mask when I'm at home, in the car, or when I go for a jog in the neighborhood since I social distance and outside. Haven't caught the virus and neither have my folks, brother and his family... thank God. People do take it seriously, its not hard to wear a mask. Also, use hand sanitizer.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
“One thing the vaccine will not solve, or cure is the selfishness or indifference to what is happening to our neighbors around us.” He added that the vaccine is not a cure for foolish decisions on how we gather, or one’s refusal to wear a mask and it won’t cure the idea that someone else’s decision won’t impact another person’s life.
-Bill Lee (R)
Governor Tennessee

More of what? Being a sheep ? Come on dude open your eyes.
I’m not taking either side. I’m on the side of the kids. Whatever it takes to get our kids back to playing and having an outlet, a reason to stay in those books, I’m with. Take your own advice, adult.

Covid not going away effective vaccine or not. New strain now reported in England causing stricter shutdowns. Bet more viruses in pipeline. Masks forever? Life as we’ve experienced it last 9 months? Don’t believe there is a “force” out there trying to impose new world order? Wake up people.

My co worker and his wife and 3 kids tested positive. No symptoms. He was cleared for work 10 days later.
For some people, scenarios like that cause them to marginalize the virus. But that’s the scary part to me. Most people don’t get tested unless they have symptoms or know they have been exposed. So, unknowingly, they spread it to other people who may fare much worse.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
I wonder if mouth coverings would be effective if 100% of volleyball and basketball players wore something like that the athletes would be able to breathe but would no spew germs into the air..

For some people, scenarios like that cause them to marginalize the virus. But that’s the scary part to me. Most people don’t get tested unless they have symptoms or know they have been exposed. So, unknowingly, they spread it to other people who may fare much worse.

His wife got tested because she had sinus symptoms. If not for that I'd probably have it too. I was in a van with him when he got the call. That was 18 days ago so Im clear from that one.

My co worker and his wife and 3 kids tested positive. No symptoms. He was cleared for work 10 days later.
I had Covid over Thanksgiving, and I was good after 2 weeks, but days 5 and 6 landed me in the hospital when I was losing my breath and my legs, back, arms, and face went numb, and my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest in my sleep. You never know how the virus is going to affect you until you have it. Marginalizing this virus is reckless.

Reactions: UNC91 and ocdavis31
His wife got tested because she had sinus symptoms. If not for that I'd probably have it too. I was in a van with him when he got the call. That was 18 days ago so Im clear from that one.
My daughter works in contact tracing. She has told me that over half the people she works with who have symptoms and test positive start with thinking they have a sinus infection.

Eye for eye won’t happen. We are afraid of China.

Any marine you speak too, will disagree. Biden and his puppets are owned by China, so hence scared shitless. If it was up to the true American citizens, China would be whipped off the map

Reactions: Mbulld
Oh, I'm w you UNC. I am doing my best to stick to football. I've waxed too political in the past but you are right on. This will be my last comment on this subject. The Donkey party should trade their symbol for a sheep symbol.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and UNC91
Oh, I'm w you UNC. I am doing my best to stick to football. I've waxed too political in the past but you are right on. This will be my last comment on this subject. The Donkey party should trade their symbol for a sheep symbol.
Both should.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT