ADVERTISEMENT

Mask worn on court???

UNC91

Dec 12, 2019
Looking in the paper this morning, observed all athletes wearing mask while playing basketball and volleyball. Is this a joke or serious? How in the world can you play sports with a mask on? How do you breathe? If you have asthma, do you have to wear the mask? Will they make the mask mandated while playing football in the spring?

Reactions: beamer24 and btango
I seen where up in Cincinnati according to the OHSAA coronavirus rules the student-athletes can wrestle but can’t shake hands before or after the match. Also they must wear a facial mask when not actively competing and warming up. Also be six feet apart when are on the bench.

Reactions: UNC91
This is real - Players , Coaches , Referee and everyone else in gym must wear a mask

there are a lot of rules n policy going to be put in place - I’m not go into that bc there too many changes but Yes this will be a Interesting Basketball season in NC!

This is real - Players , Coaches , Referee and everyone else in gym must wear a mask

there are a lot of rules n policy going to be put in place - I’m not go into that bc there too many changes but Yes this will be a Interesting Basketball season in NC!

Will it be the new normal? Or will it go away is the question?

Until Covid end n it is safe not to have a mask on then it will end but I don’t see it ending until after this sports season

Will covid ever end? Vaccines are already killing people in the UK??? Many many many people will NOT take the vaccine? So I'm guessing mask forever. This stuff is getting out of control very fast

Will covid ever end? Vaccines are already killing people in the UK??? Many many many people will NOT take the vaccine? So I'm guessing mask forever. This stuff is getting out of control very fast
Where are you seeing that vaccines are killing people?

Covid not going away. Here to stay. Dangerous and crazy precedents set that will be hard to undo.

I havent heard that vaccines are killing anyone. Well respected doctor told me recently that there would be some side effects but the vaccine would be safe. In fact, he went as far as to say it would be more safe than effective. I believe him. IMO if someone has died after taking vaccine they already had "one foot in the grave and one on a banana peel."

What's in the vaccine? Nobody knows, sad times we are in.

People with a "significant history of allergic reactions" should not be given the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, UK health authorities said Wednesday, after two health care workers experienced symptoms after receiving a shot the day before.

How many people have allergic reactions? Hope to the ones who take the vaccines, doesn't effect the whole immune system. Dangerous stuff folks

I know my grandmother cannot take the flu shot. She is allergic to it and has bad breakouts if she takes it. So she want take it.

What's in the vaccine? Nobody knows, sad times we are in.

People with a "significant history of allergic reactions" should not be given the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, UK health authorities said Wednesday, after two health care workers experienced symptoms after receiving a shot the day before.

How many people have allergic reactions? Hope to the ones who take the vaccines, doesn't effect the whole immune system. Dangerous stuff folks
That significant history is the key. People who are at risk of anaphylactic shock due to significant allergies are warned not to take most vaccines, including this one. A bee sting isn’t a big deal to most people, but can be deadly to others. Certainly anyone with that kind of history should talk with their doctor before taking it. Same with highly immunocompromised people.

The two individuals who had reactions to the vaccine carry epi pens all the time because of their allergies. The advice for those with severe allergies is more of a "wait and see how this turns out" approach than a final guidance on how people with allergies should approach the vaccine.

As far as the reactions to the flu shot versus this vaccine, they are two entirely different types of vaccine. You will likely not respond to them the same way. Flu vaccines are literally grown in an egg, but the Covid vaccine is produced using recombinant technology to multiply a small amount of Covid mRNA (not the harmful part) in a test tube.

As far as what is in it? I wouldn't understand exactly what is in it anymore than I understand the molecular structure of the bacon & cheddar cheez-its i've grown fond of. The results speak for themselves: minor side effects reported for a very small minority of those in the trials (one of whom was a friend of mine, FWIW) and a 90%+ effectiveness rate.

I'm no doctor, just a goon with a keyboard, but the fear-mongering in this thread and everywhere else is most unhelpful.

In the spring, will young men playing football be made to wear the mask? Not sure if anyone here played ball growing up, but wow wearing a mask, I couldn't and wouldn't have played ball. Which in theory would have took away opportunities I've had ever since. I hate to see this happen to young men.

The two individuals who had reactions to the vaccine carry epi pens all the time because of their allergies. The advice for those with severe allergies is more of a "wait and see how this turns out" approach than a final guidance on how people with allergies should approach the vaccine.

As far as the reactions to the flu shot versus this vaccine, they are two entirely different types of vaccine. You will likely not respond to them the same way. Flu vaccines are literally grown in an egg, but the Covid vaccine is produced using recombinant technology to multiply a small amount of Covid mRNA (not the harmful part) in a test tube.

As far as what is in it? I wouldn't understand exactly what is in it anymore than I understand the molecular structure of the bacon & cheddar cheez-its i've grown fond of. The results speak for themselves: minor side effects reported for a very small minority of those in the trials (one of whom was a friend of mine, FWIW) and a 90%+ effectiveness rate.

I'm no doctor, just a goon with a keyboard, but the fear-mongering in this thread and everywhere else is most unhelpful.

So your opinion is better then everyone in this thread. Okay Doc ha

In the spring, will young men playing football be made to wear the mask? Not sure if anyone here played ball growing up, but wow wearing a mask, I couldn't and wouldn't have played ball. Which in theory would have took away opportunities I've had ever since. I hate to see this happen to young men.
I’m hopeful that football players in the spring won’t have to mask up. But, having played both, I think it would be more difficult to wear a mask playing basketball. But either is better than not playing at all.

Faucci says this vaccine will keep you from getting as sick from covid(most dont anyway) but not sure if you will still be contagious.
Basically this wont change much. We will still need mask and to social distance.

I would suspect we can all agree that mask wearing is way up now than compared to back in June. People are being more precautious than back in June. IF the # of people In the US are wearing more masks and following more CDC guidelines than back in June, Why are our rates of infected people skyrocketing. In other words the “mask” isn’t as effective in stopping the virus as it is claimed to be.

I would suspect we can all agree that mask wearing is way up now than compared to back in June. People are being more precautious than back in June. IF the # of people In the US are wearing more masks and following more CDC guidelines than back in June, Why are our rates of infected people skyrocketing. In other words the “mask” isn’t as effective in stopping the virus as it is claimed to be.

This definitely has to be the case

Personally I think, the masks were a good idea, but not pointing any fingers, I think they could've been done a little better. So how about this time we go NO masks, then next time we do the masks right, and then we go full regalia.

I was in the gas station yesterday in Franklin and i was the only one with mask out of 20 ppl.
I think you identified a big part of the problem, though I think the close contact for prolonged periods is the largest issue. Whether it’s private gatherings, church, restaurant,etc., anywhere you’re in close contact is problematic. Each of us has to decide how much risk to take. I just wish more people would discard the emotion when making that decision.

Personally I think, the masks were a good idea, but not pointing any fingers, I think they could've been done a little better. So how about this time we go NO masks, then next time we do the masks right, and then we go full regalia.
Dude, did you just take a Django Unchained movie quote and convert it by using the word Masks not Bags? That is hilarious. Funniest scene in the entire movie. I love Jamie Foxx, incredible talent. Haha!

Dude, did you just take a Django Unchained movie quote and convert it by using the word Masks not Bags? That is hilarious. Funniest scene in the entire movie. I love Jamie Foxx, incredible talent. Haha!
Was wondering if anyone picked up on that. That scene is my favorite too. Hilarious.

More people are getting tested that is true. That’s why I always look at the percentage of positives instead of numbers.
This morning report was 11.7 percent
Man, 11.7 is high. The increase in positives is absolutely due to Thanksgiving. Here in Macon County, we had a bunch of testing prior to Thanksgiving because people wanted to travel, and didn't have a spike. After Thanksgiving we got a huge spike in positives and it's driven our testing even higher as a result.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT