ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs East Forsyth

can anybody talk about why they think Mallard creek is gonna win other than just being mallard creek. I'm not trying to start anything just curious.

For example I believe East will win due to The short runs and deep passing game and East Forsyth's ability to shut down the passing game.

Just wondering what aspects of the game everyone thinks Mallard creek is gonna win from.

can anybody talk about why they think Mallard creek is gonna win other than just being mallard creek. I'm not trying to start anything just curious.

For example I believe East will win due to The short runs and deep passing game and East Forsyth's ability to shut down the passing game.

Just wondering what aspects of the game everyone thinks Mallard creek is gonna win from.
I have seen MC several times this season. Against Indy, First Butler game, Kannapolis in person and Vance game on film.
One thing I noticed as the year went on, the Mallard Creek secondary was constantly being moved around. Just took time to find the right combination. Enter Ryan Jones. Once he started playing DB after the Hough game it just seems like it all came together for the Creek.
Their front 7 will blitz an awful lot and I think they'll be able to slow down(not stop cause you cannot stop Beal) the EF running game and force them to try and throw it. The LBs for Mallard Creek are some of the more physical backers I have seen. Throw Moss on that DL and he is hard to block.
Their OL is as good, physical, and large as I have seen in sometime. I do not believe East has the DL to get serious, constant penetration on that line. I think MC can push East around on O.
Also Thad Moss is unguardable. Simply unguardable, I have been to games where he'll get off the line and be open by 15 yards. Now they didn't always get him the ball, but it appears lately they've begun to get him the ball more.
Smith is not only an elusive QB, but he can fire that ball down the field with pretty good accuracy. Ryan Jones is also a stud receiver who I watched dominate Kannapolis with 3 TD catches which were all impressive.
I also think that MC has better coaching than East Forsyth. Coaching at least for me is a huge part of the game and I'd give the Creek the edge there.

Thanks for the morning laugh, Mister Honda, concerning a few of your subliminally insinuating and insulting comments. First, the comment you typed after the first Kahlua and java of the day. You, or one of your personal garcons typed this comment, " I don't know how many of the fans on the Mallard Creek side were from Charlotte, but the visitors side was full. " There may have been a couple dozen fans from the Queenie City, but most were Greensboro-O-Tonians, causing Mister B Tango , the Elvis Presley of high school football to type, " Of all the high school games I've been to, I've never seen a crowd quite that loud that interrupted the quarterback's cadence duties. "
P.S. Concerning your comment of " What else is there to do in Kernersville on a Friday night ? " Translation : Whur's the damn likker store ?

P.S. East Forsyth by three.
GSO,
My Brutha from another Mutha! I must say I'm truly impressed by the job your Nighthawks and Mr Johnny Roscoe P. Coltrane is doing this Post Season. This is by far the best coaching job in his entire career. I believe now what you've been saying all along. He may just be the best coach in the entire state. I'm pulling for you guys to bring home the ring since the Vikings are out and I'm also pulling for East Forsyth. I think MC is the better team but I could see the Eagles winning by 7. Go Nighthawks! Go Eagles! Go Pirates! Go Panthers! also Go Walkertown (what's their mascot again?)!

ForsythFootball-

This game isn't gonna be about shutting down Mallard Creek's passing game. They can throw the ball and have plenty of weapons to do so but in the end Mallard Creek is a power running football team everything else works off that. EF will be giving up about 50-60lbs a man upfront to a Oline that averages about 285lbs and a TE that goes 6'4 250lbs. Two very hard running backs and the best dual threat QB in the state.

I expect that EF will move the ball some especially with Beal. To talented to shut down if he gets enough touches he will break one or two but the biggest leap for EF will be the physical nature of this game and the depth of Mallard Creek. EF Oline is very good but MC operates with 7 or 8 Dlineman who work in rotation and go from 240lbs to 335. They just wear you down.

The biggest question for Mallard Creek is if they will be able to crank up the intensity like last week. I don't worry about playing on the road, in fact I think it might help some but they have come out flat in some games this year. I would be shocked if that happens tomorrow night.

However, ya never know. The ball bounces funny some time and its very possible EF could hang around and if they do they start gaining confidence and then who knows. Looking forward to it.

Mallard creek having a team dinner with Glenn High school (east Forsyths rival) as well as having (orange out) (glenns colors)

Don't really understand the point of adding more gas to the fire.

OK a walk thru perhaps I can see that, A dinner I would say that is a 50/50 shot an orange out no way but if so that is hilarious

One of Mallard Creek Coaches graduated from Glenn. The AD from Glenn and MC are good friends.

I'm sure MC eating at Glen and doing a walk through is not going to add any points on the board.....lol
Come on Man!

Really just unreal.. Some of you Forsyth county guys need to get a grip. Happens all the time when teams travel. I doubt this is what it takes to get EF fired up but if it is.....its gonna be a long cold night ..LMAO Think maybe Glenn is giving us some secret plays??

I agree. Happens all the time. Are EF fans that desperate for fire to light their team up? Look guys MC has been through all this before.

This doesn't fire East up more for Mallard Creek. This just proves why East should never call the dogs off when it comes to Glenn. Glenn also recruited a lot of kids around Forsyth County this off-season and right before the start of the season two of EF's starters transferred to Glenn. Again this has nothing to do with EF and MC this adds fuel to the fire next year when EF see's Glenn.

This doesn't fire East up more for Mallard Creek. This just proves why East should never call the dogs off when it comes to Glenn. Glenn also recruited a lot of kids around Forsyth County this off-season and right before the start of the season two of EF's starters transferred to Glenn. Again this has nothing to do with EF and MC this adds fuel to the fire next year when EF see's Glenn.

WHy?? Because they let them do a walk through and eat?? Really

Mcdonogh traveled from Maryland and MC boosters fed them and gave them free use of facility. Byrnes fed MC when we traveled down there. This is NOT out of the ordinary. Happens all the time at a school close to where your gonna play

You play the game between the lines. The rest of this stuff is just silly. Had it been played at Mallard Creek I guarantee they would have done the same at Vance or North Meck

Once again, a lame attempt to rally the troops. Makes East look bad to even mention it. As shared, it is not uncommon for opposing teams to do walk through at nearby school. Andrews has done it in the past when they played at South Point for example. When Andrews has gone East in recent memory and hosted some teams from the coast, they have routinely done walk through at the HP Christian stadium.

And they are not having a team dinner with Glenn. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and not true. They may eat their catered meal at Glenn after the walk through but theres a big difference between that and what you said about a team dinner with Glenn. Also shows you how irrelevant Glenn is that they are hyped up and advertising for Mallard Creek on social media. I've tried to defend East some this week but this is why Forsyth County gets no respect and tries to lump themselves with Guilford County to get respect. You will never seen Andrews, Dudley, Northern Guilford, Page, etc with these antics.

Once again, a lame attempt to rally the troops. Makes East look bad to even mention it. As shared, it is not uncommon for opposing teams to do walk through at nearby school. Andrews has done it in the past when they played at South Point for example. When Andrews has gone East in recent memory and hosted some teams from the coast, they have routinely done walk through at the HP Christian stadium.

And they are not having a team dinner with Glenn. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard and not true. They may eat their catered meal at Glenn after the walk through but theres a big difference between that and what you said about a team dinner with Glenn. Also shows you how irrelevant Glenn is that they are hyped up and advertising for Mallard Creek on social media. I've tried to defend East some this week but this is why Forsyth County gets no respect and tries to lump themselves with Guilford County to get respect. You will never seen Andrews, Dudley, Northern Guilford, Page, etc with these antics.

YUP

If EF was traveling to MC as the visiting team. Mallard Creek would have accommodated them with no problem.

The whole thing just isn't that big a deal. I won't speak for all schools, but I'm pretty certain Indy would treat Satan to a nice dinner if he was playing Butler later on that night.

Reactions: nepsy7
From an EF supporter, this is all just ridiculous. Certain that the coaches and kids are much more worried about MC today than Glenn. This is not representative of Forsyth County and/or its teams, just a few irrational people looking for something to chat about. Only thing that matters is what happens on the field and I assure you the EF team is ready to go! Look forward to a great matchup, safe travels to all making the trip from Charlotte! Go Eagles!!

I think the EF coach referred to his team as an underdog (in the W-Salem journal) this week and that this game would be a different challenge for them, but one they were looking forward to facing. He also said you can't win the state title unless you win this game. Both are true and wise statements.

ND scrimmaged EF at the beginning of the season (please don't start with the scrimmage comments) and they actually remind me of Catholic.....they are not the biggest team ever, they are well coached, disciplined, have good athletes, good RBs, QB, PK, good schemes, etc., etc. Upsets occur all the time, tonight could be another one of those examples. A fumble here, a 75 yard TD called back there, outcomes can change based on a few plays and HONESTLY, shouldn't it be that way. Who actually wants to see a blowout? The Scotland win was amazing as a ND fan for the following reasons: 1) Not expected to win, 2) First class opponent, 3) Dramatic game, 4) Well played game by both teams. Like Honda said earlier, I don't have a dog in this one......good luck to both teams tonight.

On the creeks touchdown on third down there at the end of overtime, the left end got a nice little head start there to seal the end. Not sure how you miss that.

The same way you miss an obvious pushoff for a big gainer that set up EF's 3rd qtr TD or the way you call PI on the INT.

Mallard Creek got hammered by the refs tonight. If they caught a break there on that one play, they deserved it.

You blow an eight point lead with less than 3 minutes left....let a team drive 90 yds with only 1 timeout...score a TD and then convert a 2 point conversion to tie the game.....then you deserve to lose in OT>>

Reactions: swett2victory
Well East Forsyth let me be the 1st Mallard Creek guy to congratulate you guys. You have one Hell of Football Team...........Good win Creek!

Congrats to the creek on advancing. Game was closer than I imagined but glad it was. I think a lot of people sold East Forsyth a little short. They gave the Creek everything they wanted and then some.

Wish I could have seen it so I could judge for myself. The radio guys sounded like the biggest homers ever to sit behind a mic. Either way, EF gave MC a lot of headaches.

However bad the radio crew was, the TV crew was worse. Ethan Horton is the biggest MC homer (for obvious reasons) that ever existed. I'm a little suprised they even let him announce MC games he's so biased.

I get the whole penalties affected both teams but I just watched the last play again and it's no wonder some east Forsyth coaches were losing their sh*t. Left end clearly got rolling before ball was snapped to seal the edge.

I want to congratulate EF. You guys have a good team. But, I think experience on the big stage showed tonight.

Wish I could have seen it so I could judge for myself. The radio guys sounded like the biggest homers ever to sit behind a mic. Either way, EF gave MC a lot of headaches.

It was a Winston-Salem radio station. What do you expect?

However bad the radio crew was, the TV crew was worse. Ethan Horton is the biggest MC homer (for obvious reasons) that ever existed. I'm a little suprised they even let him announce MC games he's so biased.
He wouldn't shut up!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT