ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs East Forsyth

Look at Indy, they lost badly to EF. They were not what they were before. Like I said, it depends where they are located at. Am I correct that some of the players that play for Butler would have been playing Indy if Butler was not built?
You're partially correct here. Yes, Butler opened with Indy kids, but that was almost 20 years ago. Since then, Rocky River also opened with Indy kids...but Indy has also already recovered from that redistricting (their ADM was right at 2,500 this year), so they'll likely be split up again in the not-too-distant future.

Indy's problem has been the admin since Knotts retired. They've had elite size and athleticism the last few years...but the admin changes coaches more often than I change underwear. Heck they went 12-1 last year...and couldn't wait to fire their coach. If Knotts were still around, he definitely could still be winning titles with the talent Indy has.

Last edited:
Lol I forgot you guys had middle school football for a second.
Yeah, it's not paid for by CMS, though, so who knows how long it will last. We've been lucky so far to have the Rick Hendricks and Michael Jordans of the world step in and foot the bill. That luck won't last forever.

Nepsy, You have no clue what you're talking about either. If I have to hear how MC and Butler play the SEC West every year and everyone else doesn't one more time I'm going to be sick. Why is my comment making you sick about EF being a year away? Fact is they lost in the 2nd rd with a team led by sophomores. Their role players in years past have not been as good as teams like MC and Butler. EF has was a horrible team 15 years ago. They couldn't win but a couple games a year back then and it has taken them 15 years to build it to what it is today. That in my opinion is more impressive than a school that just opens and starts rolling in Championships and unloading D-1 Players all over America. Schools that open their doors and are instantly State Champions make me wonder if some shady stuff is going on behind the scenes. Coaches that take traditional losers to the top should be appreciated more than people do. Coach Willert is winning at a school that people said it couldn't be done at.

Some one mentioned Northern I know most know this but let me add that Northern does things about as shady as you could at the HS level. As far as Northern Guilford goes please don't compare them to other teams that reload and develop players. Northern Guilford was built by a couple coaches who went out and got a bunch of kids to illegally transfer into their program. Ask any head coach from that era cause they'll give you names of kids who left their school and were still living in their districts. None was hit harder than Coach Pursley at NE Guilford and that is why he finally dropped Northern from their schedule cause he was tired of Roscoe taking his kids and those same kids living 2 minutes from his school. In 2009 they had a juggernaut of a team that could of beat any team in the State and they were at the 3AA level but 5 or 6 of their top Players were ineligible their Senior year. Of those kids who couldn't play because of the shady stuff some adults did 1 of those kids went to Oregon as a DB 2 went to Cal (One who is a LB now for the Dolphins Chris McCain) and the 3rd one who allowed to play was a 5 Star who ended up going to Cal after he De-committed to Alabama and was NFL Rookie of the year maybe you've heard of him Keenan Allen. They also had Maurice Harris (Cal) TJ Logan (UNC), Rocco Scarfone (ECU) Daniel Downing (UNC) and another DE that went to App State. Northern went around and took kids from NE Guilford, Page, Dudley, NW Guilford, Grimsley, Eastern Guilford. Moe Green does a very poor job of watching kids in this area they had no choice but to crack down on Northern because every coach in the county turned them in and they found all of those kids living out of district. They then fired the Head Basketball coach took away their state title, Fired the Principal, Fired the AD, and Fired the DC of the Football and several other assistant coaches on the team who was bringing all the kids in. Some how the head coach kept his job because he was clueless to all this going on somehow. They found it going on in just about every sport including the Cheerleaders. Finally the County just said case closed because they were very close to putting down the death penalty on all the sports and felt their would be too much backlash at GCS. Now all that recruiting has slowed down because Guilford County had to put in a million new rules to keep it from happening. It still happens it's just tougher on people to move but there is basically open enrollment in every district you just have to know how to get around the rules. Northern won a State title last year and their top 3 players were from Dudley and NE Guilford.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Mallard Creek opened it's doors in 2007, other than the 1st year. They have never lost more than 2 games a season. If that's not reloading, please explain what reloading is?

Butler has been a contender for the last 10 years!
You're partially correct here. Yes, Butler opened with Indy kids, but that was almost 20 years ago. Since then, Rocky River also opened with Indy kids...but Indy has also already recovered from that redistricting (their ADM was right at 2,500 this year), so they'll likely be split up again in the not-too-distant future.

Indy's problem has been the admin since Knotts retired. They've had elite size and athleticism the last few years...but the admin changes coaches more often than I change underwear. Heck they went 12-1 last year...and couldn't wait to fire their coach. If Knotts were still around, he definitely could still be winning titles with the talent Indy has.

Say why Rocky River is not doing as well as other school. Like I stated before, somebody mentioned that RR will be a football power due to that reason you mentioned (Nespy7) ... just curious!

Say why Rocky River is not doing as well as other school. Like I stated before, somebody mentioned that RR will be a football power due to that reason you mentioned (Nespy7) ... just curious!
RR's coaches don't believe in playing offense. In a city where teams tend to harrass scoreboards, that tends to be a problem for them.

Nepsy, You have no clue what you're talking about either. If I have to hear how MC and Butler play the SEC West every year and everyone else doesn't one more time I'm going to be sick. Why is my comment making you sick about EF being a year away? Fact is they lost in the 2nd rd with a team led by sophomores. Their role players in years past have not been as good as teams like MC and Butler. EF has was a horrible team 15 years ago. They couldn't win but a couple games a year back then and it has taken them 15 years to build it to what it is today. That in my opinion is more impressive than a school that just opens and starts rolling in Championships and unloading D-1 Players all over America. Schools that open their doors and are instantly State Champions make me wonder if some shady stuff is going on behind the scenes. Coaches that take traditional losers to the top should be appreciated more than people do. Coach Willert is winning at a school that people said it couldn't be done at.

Some one mentioned Northern I know most know this but let me add that Northern does things about as shady as you could at the HS level. As far as Northern Guilford goes please don't compare them to other teams that reload and develop players. Northern Guilford was built by a couple coaches who went out and got a bunch of kids to illegally transfer into their program. Ask any head coach from that era cause they'll give you names of kids who left their school and were still living in their districts. None was hit harder than Coach Pursley at NE Guilford and that is why he finally dropped Northern from their schedule cause he was tired of Roscoe taking his kids and those same kids living 2 minutes from his school. In 2009 they had a juggernaut of a team that could of beat any team in the State and they were at the 3AA level but 5 or 6 of their top Players were ineligible their Senior year. Of those kids who couldn't play because of the shady stuff some adults did 1 of those kids went to Oregon as a DB 2 went to Cal (One who is a LB now for the Dolphins Chris McCain) and the 3rd one who allowed to play was a 5 Star who ended up going to Cal after he De-committed to Alabama and was NFL Rookie of the year maybe you've heard of him Keenan Allen. They also had Maurice Harris (Cal) TJ Logan (UNC), Rocco Scarfone (ECU) Daniel Downing (UNC) and another DE that went to App State. Northern went around and took kids from NE Guilford, Page, Dudley, NW Guilford, Grimsley, Eastern Guilford. Moe Green does a very poor job of watching kids in this area they had no choice but to crack down on Northern because every coach in the county turned them in and they found all of those kids living out of district. They then fired the Head Basketball coach took away their state title, Fired the Principal, Fired the AD, and Fired the DC of the Football and several other assistant coaches on the team who was bringing all the kids in. Some how the head coach kept his job because he was clueless to all this going on somehow. They found it going on in just about every sport including the Cheerleaders. Finally the County just said case closed because they were very close to putting down the death penalty on all the sports and felt their would be too much backlash at GCS. Now all that recruiting has slowed down because Guilford County had to put in a million new rules to keep it from happening. It still happens it's just tougher on people to move but there is basically open enrollment in every district you just have to know how to get around the rules. Northern won a State title last year and their top 3 players were from Dudley and NE Guilford.

Speaking of getting sick... Cant win, they must be cheating. We get beat but we do it right. You sound like the Wake county guys.

Nobody gets checked more than Mallard Creek. Comes with the success. Lovely story about Roscoe and the Guilford county boys. Have heard it all. You can wonder all you want about shady stuff. Palmieri isn't Roscoe and with all the scrutiny there has been zero issues.

FYI- Butler was checked all the time as well. How many games did they forfeit during there run?

East Forsyth has open enrollment. Far more loose than Meck county rules.

Warhead1 What is the SEC West? Please show me were i mentioned it? You have way to much free time. Truly you don't believe i'm going to read all that crap you just typed?

Blue and Gold I never said anything about MC recruiting. I just was saying after seeing what happened at Northern Guilford it makes you wonder when schools open their doors and are winning Championships right away and have put out about 15 big time D-1 kids in a public school that has about 1200 kids in 7 years it makes you wonder how thats happening. I know MC didn't do that and they had some growing pains when they first started. I remember hearing how your HC got out coached so many times by so many haters. As far as you Nepsy, I was using an Analogy when talking about the SEC West and Mallard Creeks regular season schedule.... you know a correspondence or partial similarity? Just busting your chops over how many times I've heard MC plays a much tougher schedule than anyone in the state. Don't be so emotional man it's just all in good fun.

Blue and Gold I never said anything about MC recruiting. I just was saying after seeing what happened at Northern Guilford it makes you wonder when schools open their doors and are winning Championships right away and have put out about 15 big time D-1 kids in a public school that has about 1200 kids in 7 years. I know MC didn't do that and they had some growing pains when they first started. I remember hearing how your HC got out coached so many times by so many haters. As far as you Nepsy, I was using an Analogy you know a a correspondence or partial similarity? Just busting your chops over how many times I've heard MC plays a much tougher schedule than anyone in the state. Don't be so emotional man it's just all in good fun.

" It makes me wonder if there is some shady stuff going on behind the scene"

Sounds a whole lot like a accusation. You know a assertion, allegation or claim.

" It makes me wonder if there is some shady stuff going on behind the scene"

Sounds a whole lot like a accusation. You know a assertion, allegation or claim.
Then....If you read a little further it went straight into Northern Guilford. I only started to mention Northern in this thread because someone said they reload then said this......

"Mallard Creek 72-6 and 5 regional appearance since 2011
Northern Guilford- 4 straight titles
Charlotte Catholic- 6 straight regional appearance
Indy- 7 straight titles"

There is no way Northern does it like the rest of them. I don't know all those Charlotte Squads like you guys do but I'm telling you If they do it like Northern Guilford then in fact they're doing it against the rules. Which I didn't say. The Shady stuff behind the scenes caused alot of people to get fired from Northern a lot of kids to lose their senior years and an entire school to get embarrassed and their state title revoked.

Hey Warhead1.....I agree about the basketball coach from NG few years back. I never cared for him and glad he is long gone. For some reason, when I saw him walking around the gym for BB game. He looks like high class car salesman. I think it will be a good while before NG shed that reputation. I do like the way NG play the game though in football. Their defense is usually underrated and they can shut teams down in the past. They were quick and well coached on defense. I am surprised though about this year since they were crushed like a bad drum against Page.

Now they are in Regional Final and I suspect that is due to the coaching staff especially Roscoe. Yes many don't care for him since he likes to run up the score. I don't respect coaches that run up the score. At the same time, Roscoe can flat out coach though.

Hey Warhead1.....I agree about the basketball coach from NG few years back. I never cared for him and glad he is long gone. For some reason, when I saw him walking around the gym for BB game. He looks like high class car salesman. I think it will be a good while before NG shed that reputation. I do like the way NG play the game though in football. Their defense is usually underrated and they can shut teams down in the past. They were quick and well coached on defense. I am surprised though about this year since they were crushed like a bad drum against Page.

Now they are in Regional Final and I suspect that is due to the coaching staff especially Roscoe. Yes many don't care for him since he likes to run up the score. I don't respect coaches that run up the score. At the same time, Roscoe can flat out coach though.
Yeah Coach K was his name and he was 180 degrees away from the College Coach K. What ever happened to that guy? Didn't he steal Millions of dollars in a Bernie Madoff style scheme? Last I heard he was facing a lot of jail time. As for Roscoe there was some really shady stuff that happened early on and I was surprised he kept his job when everyone else in the school got fired including coaches under his watch on the football team. It's not very often that the when stuff goes wrong the HC keeps his job and the assistants all get canned. I will say that Roscoe can flat out coach! There is no way I thought he would be able to compete for a championship this year and by god he's doing it again. He does have that stud RB CJ Freeman in the backfield but not very much around him. I know the Charlotte Catholic fans really love Roscoe after the infamous fake punt in the State Championship...anyway sorry for all the Northern talk.

Back to the 99 problems EF will have but riding on a bus to Mallard Creek ain't 1!

Last edited:
I don't want to imply anything about Charlotte or Guilford County but here in Forsyth County things are very cyclicbal!!! I'm a Carver guy and when Keith Wilkes was our coach (now at Char Olympic) we were strong cause kids would transfer into Carver for football. Our rules in this county allows it if you just fill out the paperwork during one of the 2 two week intervals. I call it the fall and spring signing periods!! East was down cause a few of their kids would transfer to Carver. When the county started to squeeze Carver administatively by building schools in its district he saw the writing on the wall and left. When Keith left the kids started going to East and Walkertown was built which also diluted Carvers talent pool. Now East and Walkertown are in the regional finals. Carver is still formidable but not dominant like years past. I'm not accusing anyone of wrong doing cause our rules make it easy for kids to pool together and get it done and thats the Forsyth County way!! So now its East's turn and I wish them the best Friday for they have a tall task in front of them. But I too subscribe to the theory of the closer you get to Charlotte the better the football. Or maybe its the I-85/95 rule of the further you go South the better the football!! Cause Florida>Georgia>South Carolina>North Carolina.

Things do change and choice transfer is the number one reason that they have in Forsyth county. A decade ago schools like Carver, Parkland, Tabor, North Forsyth, Glenn were very competitive or in many cases the best teams around where teams like West Forsyth were ok but not great, East was not good at all, Reagan was new but awful. Now thru choice we have seen a huge shift, Carver is a shell of it's former self, Parkland was not had a winning season in 8 years, Glenn has not had a winning season in 6 years, North has been up and down even Tabor is not immune and teams like West, East and Reagan have benefited greatly over the past few years . Now I am not saying it is wrong or anything like that it just is what it is, but things can change with just a few kids that transfer.

Last edited:
When people can't understand how things work, they shoot holes in it. Divide and conquer....the new American way. Yes, there are people cheating and they should receive the full repercussion of those actions. Yes, there are policies that benefit some while hurting others and they should be evaluated. Choice transfer to my knowledge was designed for academic flexibility, but we all know rules that are abused. I guess with Forsyth County's track record in sports, choice transfer has not been unfair by measuring the championship results. Those accusations would certainly be different if they had Mallard Creek's success. To be clear, that is not an accusation, but a reference to how some jump to conclusions to explain what they "think" they know. Have you ever stopped to think how meaningless and deflating "I TOLD YOU SO" really is. Nobody wants to hear it and it is never popular unless you are surrounded by other uncompassionate people. Do you give the same forgiveness that you hope to receive when you make a mistake??

There are many coaches doing exactly what they should be doing which is coaching, developing and investing emotionally into the kids that walk on their campus within the rules. There is nothing wrong with being suspicious; however, how you handle those suspicions should be carefully considered. Do you sit on it until it benefits your program, your kid or can inflict the most damage?? Do you stand up for what is right when it does not benefit you?? Do you seek the proper route to turn the big huge ship in the right direction.....eventually?? Sorry guys, but venting and fighting on a message board is not a solution. This has it's place, but only if it is a catalyst for change. If you don't like what is going on within or outside the rules, seek the facts not opinion and DO SOMETHING!! The American way is broken and it's not going to fix itself. Doing what is just is way better than what is justified. It pisses me off when adults make decisions that lead to kids missing opportunities or struggling because of it. I'm not even close to perfect so don't take this as such. We have a chance to make things better, but it requires frustration, perseverance, effort, and courage. You know......some of the things you learned by playing an organized sport that your dad did not coach.

Reactions: mactazheels
I agree Post and I'm just stating facts that have occurred. Forsyth adopted our current policy in 1997(i could be off by a year) and the state championships have rolled in since. Carver in foot ball 98-10; RJR basketball 3-peat; Parkland wrestling national win streak; Parkland girls track; Tabor boys basketball championship just to name a few. Matter of fact I'm willing to wager that every title has benefitted directly from our current system!! And theyre many others I didn't name!!

When was the last time a Forsyth County team won a football title??? 2001? When was the last time a Forsyth county team won football in class 4A 1992?

Last edited:
Parkland won it all in 2001 and Carver won it all in 2002.....as far as I can tell, Last State Champs was Carver in 2002 but Carver went to state final in 2010 losing to Tarboro (Great run they had and Todd Gurley was a man among boys)

So in 15 years you have had 2 state champs in class AA and AAA. Three runner ups Carver in 2010 class AA and Tabor in 03 and 07 class AAAA. but zero champs in class AAAA

Yep.............big deal .......It is Charlotte time right now. West Forsyth lost to Richmond on the last play in 1990 and East Forsyth won it all in 1992 over Northern Durham which is right now pretty weak. Walkertown has a good chance to go State final this year but the eastern team is LOADED.

Programs like Mallard Creek and Butler have been pipelines to all classifications in college. Winning and seeing 10 to 15 players moving on to the next level are factors that may influence people to move into their district.

NC football is like the NCAA Basketball only certain teams win...

Some may think this is crazy but I think sub-dividing has built more dynasty type situations. Sure, more teams have a chance to win but it seems to be the same ones. Without sub-dividing I think we would see better matchups and less teams making it to the finals and regional finals.

In the NCAA you have Duke, Kentucky, Carolina, Kansas St. Michigan St., UConn, and Louisville.

Since 2002 NC Champs- Richmond Sr. (1), Independence (5), Butler (3), Mallard Creek(2), G'boro Page (1), New Bern(3), G'boro Dudley(3), Shelby Crest(3), (2a) Shelby(4) Albemarle(3titles-1A/1AA was split), James Kenan(2), Swain(3), and SW Onslow(3), and Tarboro(3).

Just to name a few…..

Don't forget Thomasville that won four 1AA titles from 2004-8 (missing 07 due to upset of Jordan Matthews)

Anybody that wants to watch the East vs Mallard creek game with out a two hour drive from Charlotte area

It will be televised for time warner cable on ch 324
And page/middle creek on 323

Anybody that wants to watch the East vs Mallard creek game with out a two hour drive from Charlotte area

Don't be shocked when MC brings a big crowd. I bet the crowd will be bigger on their end than most think.

I think the stadium will be sold out just like it was last week. East is used to playing in big crowds. For example sold out games they have played in this year
Mt Tabor
West Forsyth
Reagan
Glenn
Northwest Guildford
West Forsyrth had probably a record attendance last week.

The crowd isn't gonna be a problem, East is used to that.

I only posted that for the people on here who aren't Creek fans and want to see it without driving

I think the stadium will be sold out just like it was last week. East is used to playing in big crowds. For example sold out games they have played in this year
Mt Tabor
West Forsyth
Reagan
Glenn
Northwest Guildford

I only posted that for the people on here who aren't Creek fans and want to see it without driving

Absolutely no team comment here, just a notification that needs to be repeated.
If you are coming to the game at East, don't plan to arrive even just 30-45 minutes early (6:45-7:00) or you will get jammed up in the swirvy-curvy drives and lots, only to possibly turn around and drive out and park on a road off campus and walk as much as a literal mile or two. Just hate for anyone to end up trapped in-car at 7:25 cussin' after having planned fairly well and having pulled up at East at 6:45-7:00 only to still face a full set of lots and crazy parking. Come early and enjoy K-Vegas: Out West Steak House, Giada's Italian, Doss's Ice Cream (for burger and dogs folks) - lots more in our little center of the universe.

agree with the poster above. been to quite a few games at East during my time and frankly, their parking situation around the stadium is awful. Not a jab at their folks as it's not their fault but as stated above, get there an hour before the game if you even want to park near the stadium. Wait any later and you might as well bring your running shoes because you'll get a work out walking to the stadium.

Mt Tabor
West Forsyth
Reagan
Glenn
Northwest Guildford

When Nebraska was setting records for consecutive sellouts, the joke was, what else do you do in Lincoln, Nebraska on a saturday? In the same vein, what else do you do in Kernersville on a Friday night?

Don't be shocked when MC brings a big crowd. I bet the crowd will be bigger on their end than most think.

This happened when I went to Page in 2011 to see Mallard Creek and Page. I wasn't expecting a large crowd from Mallard Creek. But, that visitor's side was full. Not sure if it was all Mallard Creek people, but that side was full.

Thanks for the info. I'll save myself from battling traffic, gas and frustrations with the crowd and enjoy both games. Good luck to all four teams.

I agree Post and I'm just stating facts that have occurred. Forsyth adopted our current policy in 1997(i could be off by a year) and the state championships have rolled in since. Carver in foot ball 98-10; RJR basketball 3-peat; Parkland wrestling national win streak; Parkland girls track; Tabor boys basketball championship just to name a few. Matter of fact I'm willing to wager that every title has benefitted directly from our current system!! And there are many others I didn't name!!
I respectfully disagree with some of this. Parkland girls track has always been a power and draws from the school boundaries. Parklands national 345 straight wins, and eight straight North Carolina championships were built in a system with no middle school wrestling and with kids in the high school district. They came in to wrestling with no experience and a coach made that program by himself with no help from the absent boosters. Now the coach leaves to West Forsyth and making them an immediate power with West kids and only one transfer. They put the IB program at Parkland and had little interest. You are right for sure on RJR basketball.

You're well within your rights to disagree but Parkland girls track has not always been great. Coach Hughes and his Next Level AAU track club has funneled the girls there. They may have come in the 9th grade but all the girls didnt reside in the Parkland home district and one girl who does reside in the district returned from Prep. And I'm not condemning the coach cause its the Winston way. Just cause you get the talent from middle school to enter in the 9th grade doesn't mean the talent wasn't pooled together. And I'm just using this team as an example of one of many teams in Forsyth County!!!

Thanks for the morning laugh, Mister Honda, concerning a few of your subliminally insinuating and insulting comments. First, the comment you typed after the first Kahlua and java of the day. You, or one of your personal garcons typed this comment, " I don't know how many of the fans on the Mallard Creek side were from Charlotte, but the visitors side was full. " There may have been a couple dozen fans from the Queenie City, but most were Greensboro-O-Tonians, causing Mister B Tango , the Elvis Presley of high school football to type, " Of all the high school games I've been to, I've never seen a crowd quite that loud that interrupted the quarterback's cadence duties. "
P.S. Concerning your comment of " What else is there to do in Kernersville on a Friday night ? " Translation : Whur's the damn likker store ?

P.S. East Forsyth by three.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT