ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek vs East Forsyth

Officiating was awful tonight. How did those guys get to officiate a regional final?

Agree, even down the stretch, You could tell Creek bad been there before, East panicked and left the door cracked for Creek to steal it down the stretch.

Great game to watch. Both teams good. Both Defenses had their struggles. Lots of unnecessary penalties. The Time Warner guys were definetely homers for MC. The one doesn't mind making it obvious. Glad it was on TV so I could watch it.

I have seen MC several times this season. Against Indy, First Butler game, Kannapolis in person and Vance game on film.
One thing I noticed as the year went on, the Mallard Creek secondary was constantly being moved around. Just took time to find the right combination. Enter Ryan Jones. Once he started playing DB after the Hough game it just seems like it all came together for the Creek.
Their front 7 will blitz an awful lot and I think they'll be able to slow down(not stop cause you cannot stop Beal) the EF running game and force them to try and throw it. The LBs for Mallard Creek are some of the more physical backers I have seen. Throw Moss on that DL and he is hard to block.
Their OL is as good, physical, and large as I have seen in sometime. I do not believe East has the DL to get serious, constant penetration on that line. I think MC can push East around on O.
Also Thad Moss is unguardable. Simply unguardable, I have been to games where he'll get off the line and be open by 15 yards. Now they didn't always get him the ball, but it appears lately they've begun to get him the ball more.
Smith is not only an elusive QB, but he can fire that ball down the field with pretty good accuracy. Ryan Jones is also a stud receiver who I watched dominate Kannapolis with 3 TD catches which were all impressive.
I also think that MC has better coaching than East Forsyth. Coaching at least for me is a huge part of the game and I'd give the Creek the edge there.

Good win tonight CatholicCougs. I thinking the better Coaching for the EF/MC game went out the window. They also coached themselves out of the ship.

Good win tonight CatholicCougs. I thinking the better Coaching for the EF/MC game went out the window. They also coached themselves out of the ship.
Thank you 1! I did not see the EF/MC game. Just final score, will get my hands on film. Assuming you were there since I didn't see you at Dudley lol

Great game! East played their hearts out and went toe to toe with a VERY talented team. Just needed one more defensive stop. Tough players stepped up and made plays for MC. Having said that, they should be completely embarrassed by the way their fans acted after the game. Cops and AD had to get them off the field just so the teams could shake hands. One guy standing on the goal line swinging a coat around his head at the east stands acting like a complete fool right in front of east players that just lost a heart breaker. Another guy taunting the east players from the MC sideline. I really thought a program that was so elite and had one 2 straight championships would have learned how to win with class. Obviously not! I'm embarrassed that the best team in my state would act like that. Go Pirates next week!

Great game! East played their hearts out and went toe to toe with a VERY talented team. Just needed one more defensive stop. Tough players stepped up and made plays for MC. Having said that, they should be completely embarrassed by the way their fans acted after the game. Cops and AD had to get them off the field just so the teams could shake hands. One guy standing on the goal line swinging a coat around his head at the east stands acting like a complete fool right in front of east players that just lost a heart breaker. Another guy taunting the east players from the MC sideline. I really thought a program that was so elite and had one 2 straight championships would have learned how to win with class. Obviously not! I'm embarrassed that the best team in my state would act like that. Go Pirates next week!
That behavior is not typical of Mallard Creek fans. I assure you the ones I know would never even think of doing something like that.
Sad that it happened, but sounds like a great game!

No matter what proud of East. If I'm correct most points anyone has scored on Mallard creek all season. More than Butler, Hough anyone.

No excuses on the loss, but if anyone takes anything away from the game I think East Forsyth proved they are an elite program.

Btw page over creek.

That behavior is not typical of Mallard Creek fans. I assure you the ones I know would never even think of doing something like that.
Sad that it happened, but sounds like a great game!

They may not always act like that, but the entire Team rushed the field as well as fans, dangerous situation you have a whole field of crying, emotional kids, could have went down hill quick.

They may not always act like that, but the entire Team rushed the field as well as fans, dangerous situation you have a whole field of crying, emotional kids, could have went down hill quick.
Understandable. At Dudley the CC students came onto the field, but waited until handshake was done and Cougars had peeled off into endzone to storm the field. It happens though, it was pure joy on one side, heart break on other.
Had MC won by 7 in regulation and just kneed it to end game, I doubt they all rush the field.

Mrhonda......you don't know a darn thing bout referees at all. The game that you saw tonite ARE NOT HOMERS for EF. The referees are assigned to the game by NCHSAA/REGIONAL SUPERVISORS. The referees are not from Triad area at all. It is same in baseball and basketball playoffs. A friend of mine who is an umpire in baseball has to travel more than an hr for playoff game this past spring. He doesn't umpire in that region at all until the playoff game. It is same way for football games. You need to respect people more and keep your mouth zipped until YOU know the full story.

I told ya that EF is a very solid team and deserve high seeding.!!! Mallard Creek pulled it out and much congrats to MC. Good luck next weekend for State title. EF is a young team and they can learn from tonight's game and hope to have another successful season next year. 14-1 is a great great year and I have a feeling that they will try to better than that next year. Hey to all EF fans and football players......IT HURTS but 14-1 is a great great accomplishment. One day you gonna look back and be proud of what you guys have done this year.

Fans rushing to celebrate with their team is one thing and I fully expect that east fans would have if they had held on to win. But the 2 time defending champs taunting the players and fans from a team that you guys love to point out has won nothing, got lucky to even be in the regional final and just pushed MC to the absolute limit... just not what I expected from an "elite" program. No wonder teams outside of Charlotte love to see you lose.

Fans rushing to celebrate with their team is one thing and I fully expect that east fans would have if they had held on to win. But the 2 time defending champs taunting the players and fans from a team that you guys love to point out has won nothing, got lucky to even be in the regional final and just pushed MC to the absolute limit... just not what I expected from an "elite" program. No wonder teams outside of Charlotte love to see you lose.

Lot of taunting going on both ways. If you were watching the game on Time Warner. East Forsyth guys look like they were getting ready to do a Video with a minute left in the game. It's comes with the territory. One day East Forsyth will win and teams will love to see them lose. Good Game East Forsyth!

Mrhonda......you don't know a darn thing bout referees at all. The game that you saw tonite ARE NOT HOMERS for EF. The referees are assigned to the game by NCHSAA/REGIONAL SUPERVISORS. The referees are not from Triad area at all. It is same in baseball and basketball playoffs. A friend of mine who is an umpire in baseball has to travel more than an hr for playoff game this past spring. He doesn't umpire in that region at all until the playoff game. It is same way for football games. You need to respect people more and keep your mouth zipped until YOU know the full story.

I told ya that EF is a very solid team and deserve high seeding.!!! Mallard Creek pulled it out and much congrats to MC. Good luck next weekend for State title. EF is a young team and they can learn from tonight's game and hope to have another successful season next year. 14-1 is a great great year and I have a feeling that they will try to better than that next year. Hey to all EF fans and football players......IT HURTS but 14-1 is a great great accomplishment. One day you gonna look back and be proud of what you guys have done this year.

Like I said, totally different team from the one that lost to providence last year. Just ran into a better team tonight. Defense made stop after stop, played their guts out. Undersized but held their own. MC just made one more play. Lots of talent returning next year, this will just make it that much more satisfying when they get to the top.

Reactions: mactazheels
Sorry....I just realize that mrhonda is on the other site. I was a bit peeved with his attitude toward to EF and referees. I should double check the posters. Anyway, I sure hope that EF will have a great year and go to the ship next year.

LMAO.... I guess we will have to live with your embarrassment. Saw the guy with the coat. Lotta of jawing going back and forth down there. Trust me it went both ways. Emotional win and loss.

Watching the game again right now. EF couldn't make a play without making some kind of gesture and there was a bunch of back and forth on the field. We are sorry you aren't happy with the program

Typically what happens when teams lose is they go with the we played hard and you guys don't have any class stuff. Thanks for staying consistent.. LOL

Again...if your gonna look at that game and make it sound like MC was the only team doing any taunting then you are just a complete idiot.

Great game by your kids...worked hard and went toe to toe but you have to knock the champ out. You don't get to win on points. 2012 all I heard was IF the running back didn't get hurt or IF we would have had the game at home you guys would have beat Butler. You didn't have any injuries and you had them at home..Still didn't win.

Great game by both teams and it was an Instant Classic! You could really tell at the end of the game that EF was the younger team and MC's big game experienced showed. They just made a few more plays at the end than East did. One or two more plays by the Eagles and they would be playing Page next week.

As for some of the fans at the end of the game.... I get running on the field to cheer on your kid or your team but It's a shame that some adults act like complete fools in front of a bunch of crying kids who just had their hearts ripped out of their chest. The East and MC kids battled all night and to have a few adult fans run out on the field and taunt them after the game was disappointment. The guy standing in the middle of the Goalline waving his coat around his head talking trash to the kids and I was at the end of the home stands standing close enough to hear some of the words coming out of his mouth should've been arrested on the spot. Those kids and coaches from EF didn't deserve that at all. They just went toe to toe with the best team in the state show some class and respect. I would say the same thing if the tables were turned and it was a East Fan. If it's players and coaches that's one thing but some jackass fan who had no part in the game should be taken out in cuffs. That is why there needs to be more police at big games like that cause I agree it could have turn ugly quickly but the East Coaches did a good job of getting their kids away from it as quick as possible.

Again...if your gonna look at that game and make it sound like MC was the only team doing any taunting then you are just a complete idiot.

Great game by your kids...worked hard and went toe to toe but you have to knock the champ out. You don't get to win on points. 2012 all I heard was IF the running back didn't get hurt or IF we would have had the game at home you guys would have beat Butler. You didn't have any injuries and you had them at home..Still didn't win.

I saw plenty of jawing back and forth between the players on both sides, before the game even started and all throughout. I fully expected that and didn't mention that in any of my posts. So no, I'm not an idiot. I'm talking about the idiots on the field after the game. I gave credit to the creek players and staff for coming through when it counted. They earned it. But to have such a great game end with your fans taunting the east fans and players, acting like they had never won a game before was an embarrassment. If you don't see it that way then I guess that explains a lot.

So great...You got one idiot with his coat off acting like a fool and you indict the entire program. Talk about embarrassing. I was there as well and close enough to get a pretty good look and I have watched the final sequence about 3 times. I don't see a single player or coaching taunting anyone. Just a lot of jumping up and down and celebrating. Palmieri clearly trying to get his team back off field.

You guys lost and your upset. That's fine. Had Bowman not caught the pass and LJ not ran in the 2 point conversion it would have been you guys running all over the field and you damn well know it. Then you would have come back on here and wore us out for weeks. One guy started the Charlotte sucks thread with 3 minutes left to go in the game...LMAO and social media was jumping with glee.

You want to be upset with coat bot that's fine but stop talking about the program as being an embarrassment. You sound like just sore losers.

FYI for EF guys when Mallard Creek won their 2nd State Championship, they lost 36 seniors and 18 starters the previous years. They were much younger than the team EF fielded this year. It will be much much harder for you guys next year. The bullz eye is now officially on you. Teams that you think will be a cake walk next year are going to leave it all out on the field. I know you guys have a lot coming back and figured you were a year away? You better find someone to replace Martin. Beal by himself equals the 17 yds rushing he had last night. The fans of your oppositions will be a lot nastier. So bumblebee33 when the 5 year old yells at you next year, from some other program. I hope you show a little more latitude and try not, to have the entire team brought up on assault charges. The HUMP IS HUGGGGGGE!

I'm not an E. Forsyth fan nor am I am Mallard Creek fan, but when a team wins an emotional Big Time game especially in OT and a chance to play for a championship its typical that the fans adrenaline are flowing and excited. I bet if you ask that fan if he remembeed being on the field taunting the E. Forsyth team I promise you he would not remember embarrassing himself! East Forsyth your team went toe to toe with the Best team in the state of N.C. for the past 3 years please don't take that away from a great game last night.

@Nep if the Creek can pull off a three peat I hate to inform you but East won't have a Bullseye on there chest; Mallard Creek's Bullseye just got even bigger, then its going to be really hard to schedule non conference games.

Dcov33 if you followed MC at all this year? The Bullz eye was on them the entire season. Never flinched, Stewart Scott, Cool as the other side of the Pillow. Once again Good Game East Forsyth!

Last edited:
Reactions: dcov33
So great...You got one idiot with his coat off acting like a fool and you indict the entire program. Talk about embarrassing. I was there as well and close enough to get a pretty good look and I have watched the final sequence about 3 times. I don't see a single player or coaching taunting anyone. Just a lot of jumping up and down and celebrating. Palmieri clearly trying to get his team back off field.

You guys lost and your upset. That's fine. Had Bowman not caught the pass and LJ not ran in the 2 point conversion it would have been you guys running all over the field and you damn well know it. Then you would have come back on here and wore us out for weeks. One guy started the Charlotte sucks thread with 3 minutes left to go in the game...LMAO and social media was jumping with glee.

You want to be upset with coat bot that's fine but stop talking about the program as being an embarrassment. You sound like just sore losers.

Way more than one idiot. Lots of them on the field taunting. Just mentioned 2 that I specifically saw and watched closely. Don't act like it was just one or two outliers. Not a sore loser at all, I've given credit to the team and coaches where it is due. I'll leave it at that and look forward to seeing you guys again down the road.

Reactions: dbooe
Way more than one idiot. Lots of them on the field taunting. Just mentioned 2 that I specifically saw and watched closely. Don't act like it was just one or two outliers. Not a sore loser at all, I've given credit to the team and coaches where it is due. I'll leave it at that and look forward to seeing you guys again down the road.
So two guys define an entire football program?

Mr. Taz I will Not keep my mouth zipped. Watch your attitude yourself. I asked the question here, how did those officials get to do a regional final?

Now, regarding East going toe to toe with MC, Mallard Creek had over 500 yards to East having over 200 yards. EF later scores after an offensive interference no call the ref blew. MC interception taken away after a bogus interference call against MC in the end zone. The game shouldn't have been as close as it was.

As far as Mr TazMacheel,or whatever your name is, watch the personal attacks. Thanks.

As far as EF, you guys played a very good game and have nothing to be ashamed of. But there was jawing and shoving the whole game from EF as well.

Bumblebee

At some point the complaining starts to say more about you then the issue you are complaining about... Just saying

Bumblebee

At some point the complaining starts to say more about you then the issue you are complaining about... Just saying

Ok guys. I've given credit to the players, I'm not complaining about them so don't try to turn it into something else. I saw a scene after the game that could have gotten way out of hand caused by a bunch of idiot MC fans. I specifically stated 2 examples to give a little more perspective than just "their fans have no class". Just did not expect that from a team that has won so much over the last few years. But it's over and I'm done with the topic. Congrats to MC, best of luck to all your players this year and for a lot of them on Saturdays and some maybe on Sundays.

The more you whine..the more you perpetuate the image. Lost a game, whine about the other teams fans celebrating. I was there as well, saw the whole thing. Could there been a fan or two who acted stupid?? Absolutely. Was this a entire fan base running on the field and taunting the EF kids.... Not even close.

We have been on both sides this year. Huge come from behind rally to take the lead at Byrnes only to have it taken away in the last second. Byrnes fans everywhere acting like it was the Superbowl and yes pounding and beating their chests. Hough beats us at home for the first time in 5 years on a huge INT in OT. Kid takes helmet off, runs by our bench and points at the coaching staff and fans. Emotional moment . It happens.

Guess what you didn't see one Creek fan do. Whine about the mean fans. Coaching staff and players remembered it and gutted Hough 44-0 on their home field. Next year we get to return the favor to Byrnes at our place.

You got beat. Some fans acted inappropriately. Stop whining and stop making statements about the entire program. You look silly.........

Reactions: nepsy7
I support EF but agree with the people who said the refs were bad, not only were their bad calls. Mallard Creek had many people on the field with the wrong equipment, no need pads, a few with no butt pads. It's a small thing, but theirs rules in place for reasons.

MC had multiple holding calls not called on them and MC had some bs calls against them.

At the end of the day both teams did the best they could great job to everyone, hope to see you guys against next year. The games over congrats to creek for winning congrats to East for playing with the big boys somthing many Charlotte teams couldn't do. Safe travels to Nc State.

FYI I've been to Charlotte games and Triad games. In the triad they are more strict on physicality. So a late hit here and in Charlotte are two different things. The refs are really strict up here.

Survive and Advance is the name of the game when its playoffs time... Good luck to Mallard Creek and G'boro Page; @ Creek you guys owe them one from 2011, new players but same head coaches.

@ NEP go back and read what I said a bigger bulls eye, Mallard Creek had a bullseye b4 they won there first state title.

@ E.Forsyth I hear you guys saying next year you will be better, but you guys have to remember Mallard Creek and Butler don't rebuild they just Reload and put more "Hollow Tips" in the chamber and unload on everyone in the state of N.C....

Last edited:
Coach, I thought it was a bit much as well but they really couldn't run the ball and had a lot of success with 50/50 balls or pass int penalties. Harder to get those calls in OT
Deep Balls in the open field, but in the Red Zone, it comes down to athletic ability and both EF and MC have athletes. Two times in the Red Zone EF ran for TDs. One by Beal and one by Porter. Didn't understand the calls

The more you whine..the more you perpetuate the image. Lost a game, whine about the other teams fans celebrating. I was there as well, saw the whole thing. Could there been a fan or two who acted stupid?? Absolutely. Was this a entire fan base running on the field and taunting the EF kids.... Not even close.

We have been on both sides this year. Huge come from behind rally to take the lead at Byrnes only to have it taken away in the last second. Byrnes fans everywhere acting like it was the Superbowl and yes pounding and beating their chests. Hough beats us at home for the first time in 5 years on a huge INT in OT. Kid takes helmet off, runs by our bench and points at the coaching staff and fans. Emotional moment . It happens.

Guess what you didn't see one Creek fan do. Whine about the mean fans. Coaching staff and players remembered it and gutted Hough 44-0 on their home field. Next year we get to return the favor to Byrnes at our place.

You got beat. Some fans acted inappropriately. Stop whining and stop making statements about the entire program. You look silly.........

Lol... "coat bot" looked pretty silly if you ask me! That guy is a celebrity now!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT