ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard Creek needs a week 5 opponent

Outside the county, nobody knows us? You guys know us. The success of Shelby Football and its place as The True Dynasty in NC high school football was even mentioned by the television announcers during your game with Page as they promoted the Shelby-Kinston title game to follow yours. Kinston knows us. So does Havelock and the other 17 cities that we have played in Title games in the last 50 years. Facts say that the 135 playoff teams (#1 in NC) we have faced know us. Since we beat 81% of them.

Enjoy your run, MC. 10 years from now you will be on the heap with West Charlotte, Richmond Co., Independence, and Butler. All forgotten champions, as someone else takes your place with the same media hype and rabid, narrow fans like your guys, claiming they are the best program NC has ever seen. No, that historical fact will continue to sit in Shelby of Cleveland County for years to come. The most successful, sustained, winning high school football program in the state. Everybody knows that.

Dillon is a legitimate program regardless of classification. They will compete with any elite team in SC and they don't hide behind their classification. They will schedule anyone. You cannot convince anyone in the State that Shelby would do the same.... Truth!

If the most successful, sustained, winning high school football program wants to prove their dominance on the field we have had openings in week 1, 4 and 5 of this year. Week 5 is still open.

Otherwise its just you typing..

Outside the county, nobody knows us? You guys know us. The success of Shelby Football and its place as The True Dynasty in NC high school football was even mentioned by the television announcers during your game with Page as they promoted the Shelby-Kinston title game to follow yours. Kinston knows us. So does Havelock and the other 17 cities that we have played in Title games in the last 50 years. Facts say that the 135 playoff teams (#1 in NC) we have faced know us. Since we beat 81% of them.

Enjoy your run, MC. 10 years from now you will be on the heap with West Charlotte, Richmond Co., Independence, and Butler. All forgotten champions, as someone else takes your place with the same media hype and rabid, narrow fans like your guys, claiming they are the best program NC has ever seen. No, that historical fact will continue to sit in Shelby of Cleveland County for years to come. The most successful, sustained, winning high school football program in the state. Everybody knows that.

Nobody cares!

Truth? Really?
Have you heard of Gaffney?
The most successful, sustained, winning high school football program in South Carolina! And in the largest schools classification in SC.
Dillon ain't got nothing on them.
We have played them 17 times including 4 times in the 90s. They dropped us when we went to 2A because it hurt them in the SC points system.
We have also played some of the largest high schools in NC.
You don't know the truth nepsy.
And you don't handle it very well.

Truth? Really?
The most successful, sustained, winning high school football program in South Carolina! And in the largest schools classification in SC.
We have played them 17 times including 4 times in the 90s. They dropped us when we went to 2A because it hurt them in the SC points system.

Yet Nobody cares!

Truth? Really?

The 90's???..Lol. it's funny how you dismiss the accomplishments of teams like Richmond and Indy. Call them " Forgotten Champions" but you have no problem jumping back 2 decades to try to prove your point. The 90's...LMAO

Reactions: Scots_nation
Right. Nobody cares and nobody knows who Shelby Football is. Then why do you keep coming back?
The game is over.
See ya down the road....in history.
MC. A nice little program that won some titles in the 2010s.
And sent a quarterback to start for the Tarheels.
You know Marquis grew up and played his youth ball in Shelby. Still comes to Shelby often to see his buddies. He came to see Shelby play as much as MC in the Raleigh Title games. Was that his Shelby Pop Warner picture you posted above?
Glad we could loan him to you. We won without him.

Richmond County and Independence put North Carolina Football on the map
Right. Nobody cares and nobody knows who Shelby Football is. Then why do you keep coming back?
The game is over.
See ya down the road....in history.
MC. A nice little program that won some titles in the 2010s.
And sent a quarterback to start for the Tarheels.
You know Marquis grew up and played his youth ball in Shelby. Still comes to Shelby often to see his buddies. He came to see Shelby play as much as MC in the Raleigh Title games. Was that his Shelby Pop Warner picture you posted above?
Glad we could loan him to you. We won without him.

NOBODY CARES! :)

Let me end this discussion, Mallard Creek is looking for a game week 5, Shelby or Shelby Crest either Shit or get off the Pot! Either settle it on the field or go back to the 2A/3A boards where you belong.

Reactions: hokiemtc and nepsy7
"]Let me end this discussion, Mallard Creek is looking for a game week 5, Shelby or Shelby Crest either Shit or get off the Pot! Either settle it on the field or go back to the 2A/3A boards where you belong.[/QUOTE]

Yup

Let me end this discussion, Mallard Creek is looking for a game week 5, Shelby or Shelby Crest either Shit or get off the Pot! Either settle it on the field or go back to the 2A/3A boards where you belong.

Sing it.

The world is made up of people who do it and people who talk about doing it. Even Garinger had the balls to schedule Mallard Creek last season and not cower under the bed with their eyes closed, unlike about 50 other programs around the state (Shelby and Crest both included). No excuses, people. Put up or shut up.

Last edited:
Not even trying to start anything or making jokes....but how many kids transfer out of programs in the Char/Meck area and move to Mallard Creek to play? It was happening at Northern Guilford 2008-2012 and coaches who were losing players to them just decided to not play them Non-Conference. A lot of people gave the coach from NE a hard time even calling him out in the News and Record and said he was scared but he made his point clear that his program wasn't going to stand for what Coach Roscoe was doing. I'm not saying its happening at Mallard Creek but I find it weird that nobody in the area will schedule them just cause they're good....especially in a Non Conference game that you can drop. I've also heard a lot of coaches in this area say they won't schedule many teams from too far away because it hurts their gates and yes they want to play quality teams but they have to make money for sports that don't generate revenue. Their biggest fears are if they travel too far the fans won't travel.

1. 2015 14-0 State Champion
    2014 16-0 State Champion
    2013 12-2 State Champion
    2012 14-1 State Champion
    2011 12-1
    2010 14-1
    2009 13-2 State Champion
    2008 12-3 State Champion
    2007 10-2 2006 10-3 Don't know Shelby fans, Dillon resume looks pretty impressive. Maybe the Creek made a good choice. The 4A schools over in SC won't play them either. Heard they will be 3A this coming season. The Creek will still be heavily favored, Dillon lost a lot to graduation. Their QB Avery McCall is gone.

Not even trying to start anything or making jokes....but how many kids transfer out of programs in the Char/Meck area and move to Mallard Creek to play? It was happening at Northern Guilford 2008-2012 and coaches who were losing players to them just decided to not play them Non-Conference. A lot of people gave the coach from NE a hard time even calling him out in the News and Record and said he was scared but he made his point clear that his program wasn't going to stand for what Coach Roscoe was doing. I'm not saying its happening at Mallard Creek but I find it weird that nobody in the area will schedule them just cause they're good....especially in a Non Conference game that you can drop. I've also heard a lot of coaches in this area say they won't schedule many teams from too far away because it hurts their gates and yes they want to play quality teams but they have to make money for sports that don't generate revenue. Their biggest fears are if they travel too far the fans won't travel.

MC gets 1 maybe 2 kids that relocate ( cant transfer) to play. So do many other schools Vance, Indy, Butler, Hough. It is what happens in many metropolitan areas. Greensboro, Durham all have the same deal. Recently MC has picked up some kids from the local private schools but they weren't really scheduling options to begin with. A couple of kids relocating have zero to do with the scheduling issue.

As far as the fan stuff I hear this excuse a lot as well. Trust me, Home or away Mallard Creek playing a Crest, Shelby, Scotland, Richmond, North Davidson would draw plenty.

Off the record most coaches will say that a non-conf game against Mallard Creek doesn't make much sense mostly because of the physical nature of the game. Even if they do compete it doesn't make sense to lose two or three key players before the start of the conf season.

1. 2015 14-0 State Champion
    2014 16-0 State Champion
    2013 12-2 State Champion
    2012 14-1 State Champion
    2011 12-1
    2010 14-1
    2009 13-2 State Champion
    2008 12-3 State Champion
    2007 10-2 2006 10-3 Don't know Shelby fans, Dillon resume looks pretty impressive. Maybe the Creek made a good choice. The 4A schools over in SC won't play them either. Heard they will be 3A this coming season. The Creek will still be heavily favored, Dillon lost a lot to graduation. Their QB Avery McCall is gone.

Year in and year out they are as good as any team in NC. The 2013 team at full strength is still one of the best teams MC has ever played. 2011 Page and 2012 Butler would be the only teams I would put ahead of them.

Year in and year out they are as good as any team in NC. The 2013 team at full strength is still one of the best teams MC has ever played. 2011 Page and 2012 Butler would be the only teams I would put ahead of them.

I expect Byrnes 2015 would have given them all they wanted. The biggest difference to me is that Byrnes is more accustomed to playing in a very hostile enviroment and week to week probably sees better competition although I would say last year and may be the last two MC's schedule would rival that.

Garinger had no problem scheduling Mallard Creek. Nobody's lining up to schedule Butler either. Their are actually more under achieving teams that have no problem playing Mallard Creek than the elite teams. Coach P loves loading his non-conference schedule with elite teams. You also can't transfer and play in Charlotte. You would have to sit out the season. So that's not happening. Gate would not be an issue. The games @ Chester & Dillon games were @ 10k. The Byrnes games was packed house until the rain.

Last edited:
I expect Byrnes 2015 would have given them all they wanted. The biggest difference to me is that Byrnes is more accustomed to playing in a very hostile enviroment and week to week probably sees better competition although I would say last year and may be the last two MC's schedule would rival that.

Really think 2013 Dillon was better than 2015 Byrnes. Most definitely on the defensive side and up front. Hard for me to gauge though as the weather was very bad that night and played a part in every aspect of the game. I think Young and Mcall very similar type QB's.

Charlotte teams not playing them is more logisitical and competitive than anything. In most cases Charlotte schools are playing Charlotte schools week five so it causes a problem if a team does drop out just as it has for MC losing the Indy slot. I think one conference in Charlotte is playing conference games week five and MC is not going to play a fellow conference team so that leaves seven squads plus the privates. Catholic and Christian have already stepped up in the past. The only team in Charlotte that makes sense to play MC is Butler on a competitive level. I personally do not like top teams from a classification playing each other unless they are confident they will not meet in the playoffs. If those teams are good enough they will meet in the playoffs. Indy is trying to regroup/rebuild. They had one loss in 2014 and a new HC last year. Not sure how things there came about but the Indy game is not a good game for either squad this year.

If MC travels to Crest of Shelby they will not bring a huge crowd but the crowd will be big due to the matchup. A lot of fans that would not attend the game will come out but the big difference will be the non affiliated fans that will show up. The game would not do great in Charlotte but in Cleveland County I feel definite they do very well at the gate. Also, why not charge an extra $1 for the game. Do not think people would have much of an issue although some would complain. You pay more to see The Rolling Stones than you do Styx.

I totally understand a team not playing MC or not altering their schedule to do so. I get Shelby or Crest not playing them. As a team they have nothing to prove. It is the fanbase that wants to prove something or may be not. There is a video of Roy Kirby telling Langston Wertz back in 2004 or so that he was not playing Indy because they had 1,000 more students. That is a fair reason. The only reason the potential MC v Shelby or Crest games comes up is straight forward, very strong state champs located very close to one another (about 55 miles), but the main reason here is fans talking smack. Shelby and Crest had the opportunity to play although it may not have worked out for them. MC was willing to work a portion of their gate to help buy out an opponent. I am not sure but as an example I would think Coach Hill at Ashbrook, who is traveling to Crest this season, would be willing to take a buyout and go get another home game. I feel very confident that Crest would get a much larger gate playing MC than Ashbrook even a payout. Also, the larger the crowd the more money spent at the concession stand. Financially it makes sense for that night but it may not make long term sense season wise.

First off...back off on STYX.. lol. I agree 100% with the rest of it. I don't blame the schools at all. Nothing wrong with being a dominant 3a power. I do respect schools that do challenge their kids but I understand the reasoning.

My issue is with the never ending clamoring of the fan base. If the team steps up and plays great. Otherwise shut up

btango- Nice post. Glad to see you finally judging Shelby (and Crest) in their proper perspective. It has been rare that we agree. I guess winning more and winning more and winning more has shown you the light.
For us, the dominant winning goes back for over 100 years. Come on in, the water is warm.

These MC posters are another matter. We find it hilarious and the height of hypocrisy that nepsy7 took his narrow scope down to the 3A board under the guise of filling out the MC schedule. Then he rants on how no one will play MC and are hiding from them. This is the same guy, along with hokiemtc, that had Deana THROW US OFF the 4A board for hijacking as 2A supporters.
Priceless!

Blue and Gold22 is all over the place but seems to get it at the end. With a final cheap shot of " step up and play ". We will end the never ending clamoring...of the MC fan base.
When MC plays a school 3x its size, Shelby will play MC.
Now who is hiding?

btango- Nice post. Glad to see you finally judging Shelby (and Crest) in their proper perspective. It has been rare that we agree. I guess winning more and winning more and winning more has shown you the light.
For us, the dominant winning goes back for over 100 years. Come on in, the water is warm.

These MC posters are another matter. We find it hilarious and the height of hypocrisy that nepsy7 took his narrow scope down to the 3A board under the guise of filling out the MC schedule. Then he rants on how no one will play MC and are hiding from them. This is the same guy, along with hokiemtc, that had Deana THROW US OFF the 4A board for hijacking as 2A supporters.
Priceless!

Blue and Gold22 is all over the place but seems to get it at the end. With a final cheap shot of " step up and play ". We will end the never ending clamoring...of the MC fan base.
Now who is hiding?

As usual information that concerns no one, other than yourself. The street lights are on and they're calling you at the 2A board. Go away!

Last edited:
Now who is hiding?[/QUOTE]

One minute you want to dismiss historical performance of other programs the next post all you want to do is discuss the impressive historical performance of Shelby. Your the guy all over the place. One minute its how you beat North Meck 15 years ago , the next its how you played Gaffney.

My position has stayed the same forever. Shelby is a great 2a program with a huge history of winning for a long time. If they want to be considered this great dominant force that you claim them to be then they need to play and beat other dominant teams. They haven't proven that recently with Crest and they don't want to even attempt it with Mallard Creek, Butler or really anyone that I can think of. Your analogy with Mallard Creek playing up is a silly one largely because that school doesn't exist in NC or SC for that matter. Playing up against a substantially larger school doesn't seem to be a issue for many schools as N. Guilford plays Page often, Havelock plays New Bern and Dillon will play anyone. So it does happen...just not for Shelby.

There isn't a single Mallard Creek fan that I know who doesn't respect who Shelby is. What we have grown weary of is this non-stop diatribe about historical performance and how they would give Mallard Creek all they want.. If ya could...You would. Because unlike your analogy the opportunity readily exist.

Week 5 is still open...

Now who is hiding?

One minute you want to dismiss historical performance of other programs the next post all you want to do is discuss the impressive historical performance of Shelby. Your the guy all over the place. One minute its how you beat North Meck 15 years ago , the next its how you played Gaffney.

My position has stayed the same forever. Shelby is a great 2a program with a huge history of winning for a long time. If they want to be considered this great dominant force that you claim them to be then they need to play and beat other dominant teams. They haven't proven that recently with Crest and they don't want to even attempt it with Mallard Creek, Butler or really anyone that I can think of. Your analogy with Mallard Creek playing up is a silly one largely because that school doesn't exist in NC or SC for that matter. Playing up against a substantially larger school doesn't seem to be a issue for many schools as N. Guilford plays Page often, Havelock plays New Bern and Dillon will play anyone. So it does happen...just not for Shelby.

There isn't a single Mallard Creek fan that I know who doesn't respect who Shelby is. What we have grown weary of is this non-stop diatribe about historical performance and how they would give Mallard Creek all they want.. If ya could...You would. Because unlike your analogy the opportunity readily exist.

Week 5 is still open...[/QUOTE]
Drop the Mic!
images

Reactions: swett2victory

Now who is hiding?

One on my favorite people and a mentor are former Shelby HFC's. My first game at Shelby was the WNCHSAA title game against Lexington in 1976.

I do not think Coach Ware nor Coach Clark want to play Mallard Creek. The chances of winning are not in their favor and it does not really do anything for them. That is a game that Shelby and Crest may could squeak out a win but they could also get rolled. If they beat MC but get beat up bad enough physically doing it that it costs them games in conference or playoffs, then they won the battle but lost the war. I know them both and they are not the ones that talk it up. They leave that to the fans.

Last edited:
Um Um Um, this reminds me when I was a teenager growing up and someone picked a fight and when they got hit in the mouth they ran away crying. I wish the top 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A Programs could play each other at the beginning of the year just to start the season off right. I remember playing Dillon and Marlboro SC in the Battle of the Border! When I got to college in 98 some Clinton Dark Horses players would say we wish we could have played y'all, I told them like I am about to tell Shelby fans, you don't have enough Horses to keep up; you may give us a game the 1st quarter but by the time the 4qtr comes you will be gased. I am pretty sure Mallard Creek has 2 teams on 1 team. Shelby players probably go both ways......Mallard Creek is 2 to 3 players deep I bet....

...along with hokiemtc, that had Deana THROW US OFF the 4A board for hijacking as 2A supporters.
And yet here you are...STILL hijacking threads to spew your never ending, delusional 2A bullshit.

If you truly got thrown off the board for your nonsensical actions, I can tell you right now that you didn't get thrown nearly far enough. I can still smell you.

Reactions: nepsy7
@Nep I am shocked Richmond Co. has not scheduled Mallard Creek, I think we have played the best in NC that has mattered except Mallard Creek, even though I feel like Mallard Creek would run us off the field in 2015 but 2016 the stars may line up.

@Nep I am shocked Richmond Co. has not scheduled Mallard Creek, I think we have played the best in NC that has mattered except Mallard Creek, even though I feel like Mallard Creek would run us off the field in 2015 but 2016 the stars may line up.

Would love to travel to Richmond for a game.

Reactions: dcov33
I think we would love to play under the Skyline or the artificial turf.....Richmond is a very hostile environment to play in, does anyone know when Richmond contract is up with Butler & G'boro Dudley....

I think we would love to play under the Skyline or the artificial turf.....Richmond is a very hostile environment to play in, does anyone know when Richmond contract is up with Butler & G'boro Dudley....
This is the last year of the two year cycle for Butler, and I'm guessing the same thing applies for Dudley.

Richmond has stepped up and played tough games the last several years. They did the first Butler contract when they were the top team in the state. I think Richmond should always play Anson as long as Anson will play them but not sure if that series has a lot of life left in it as Anson continues to dwindle in enrollment.

Once again, prefer to see teams not play a non conference game if they are expected to fall into the same playoff sub class. Prefer to see as many different teams play each other as possible.

Um Um Um, this reminds me when I was a teenager growing up and someone picked a fight and when they got hit in the mouth they ran away crying. I wish the top 1A, 2A, 3A, and 4A Programs could play each other at the beginning of the year just to start the season off right. I remember playing Dillon and Marlboro SC in the Battle of the Border! When I got to college in 98 some Clinton Dark Horses players would say we wish we could have played y'all, I told them like I am about to tell Shelby fans, you don't have enough Horses to keep up; you may give us a game the 1st quarter but by the time the 4qtr comes you will be gased. I am pretty sure Mallard Creek has 2 teams on 1 team. Shelby players probably go both ways......Mallard Creek is 2 to 3 players deep I bet....

Not to get too involved in this little pissing match between this particular Shelby poster and you MC fans, but do the rest of the Shelby fans a favor and don't lump us all into this conglomerate of family members ramblings...while I would absolutely love to see the Golden Lions play the MC crowd, it would no doubt be a major undertaking to remain competitive throughout the game. Do I think we could hang around a while athletically , absolutely without a doubt we could, but eventually personally I think we would wear down .

The reason I quoted dcov33 is his/her last line about Shelby going both ways.. No we had probably 90-95 players and haven't had to play players both ways for years....

Now again, don't lump the entire fan base into your my daddy could beat up your daddy contest... There are those of us that are realists, and whilst I can applaud the fandom of 98Champion and crew, arguing with them is fruitless.... They are however, great Shelby fans, Ill give them that for sure...

Carry on....

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Not to get too involved in this little pissing match between this particular Shelby poster and you MC fans, but do the rest of the Shelby fans a favor and don't lump us all into this conglomerate of family members ramblings...while I would absolutely love to see the Golden Lions play the MC crowd, it would no doubt be a major undertaking to remain competitive throughout the game. Do I think we could hang around a while athletically , absolutely without a doubt we could, but eventually personally I think we would wear down .

The reason I quoted dcov33 is his/her last line about Shelby going both ways.. No we had probably 90-95 players and haven't had to play players both ways for years....

Now again, don't lump the entire fan base into your my daddy could beat up your daddy contest... There are those of us that are realists, and whilst I can applaud the fandom of 98Champion and crew, arguing with them is fruitless.... They are however, great Shelby fans, Ill give them that for sure...

Carry on....

Thank you sir!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT