ADVERTISEMENT

Mallard creek at Hough

Good game. Defensive struggle. Groulx did not play for Hough in first half I am guessing for discipline. Hough then loses Monroe in 2nd half at LB. Creek took advantage in 2nd half and just ran the ball. Through one pass in 2nd half. Hough had Creek pinned most of the first half in own end and could only get 3 points. Still dont undeestand Hough offense. They want KBS to win it with his arm. I am gonna guess he was maybe 5-20 for about 75 yards tonight. He did have a couple of drops.

Game had a playoff atmosphere. Hard hitting, pretty clean game. Both teams played hard and I believe there is a decent chance this is only RD 1. Big crowd.

I think Vance beats them in a low scoring game next week.

Every year I think the only chance hough have in beating mallard creek is passing the ball. I think it could of been interesting if the qb could of connected on some passes in the first half. He can’t beat mallard creek with his legs. Creek defense is too stiff and they take that away from hough. With these 2 teams creek always dominate the line of scrimmage. Hough try to put 8-9 in the box on defense to stop them but just don’t have enough beef upfront. As usual it’s hard to pass vs hough. The secondary is always their strength.

It’s about match ups. Hough gives Vance problems because Vance seem to have problems with a running qb. Ppl were saying that Vance was going to blow hough out last year because they were comparing both teams vs North Meck. Hough struggled with them and Vance blew them out last year. I told them hough was bad match up for vance and it showed in the score last year. I think next week it will be one of the best games of the year. I think Vance need to be physical upfront and establish the running game. Like I said the wrs will have trouble getting separation vs hough dbs. I’ve trained some of them in the past with the 7 on 7 leagues so I know their skill level. Vance qb can make some plays vs hough but that wouldn’t be my focus on beating them. I’m mad I will miss that match up next week. I know Vance been waiting on this rematch for a whole year.

Depth becomes a huge issue when you get down to the end of the Imeck season. Creek plays a ton of kids early to get ready and just have better coaching and more dudes. Played a freshman about 10-15 snaps on the Dline tonight and he made plays.

We had the wrong gameplan last yr plus I admit we were over confident. Congrats 2 Creek on conference championship win

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT