ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Done

I have said this the past 2-3 years and it maybe to late now, but Deion Sanders. I know a lot of older people don't like the way he carries himself but the younger players love it, which is important when hitting the recruiting trail. Plus, I think him coming would have been an automatic invite into the SEC. Just from a recruiting standpoint, just imagine Deion decked out in all Jordan brand attire, getting off the helicopter, hitting the elite recruits games.

I have said this the past 2-3 years and it maybe to late now, but Deion Sanders. I know a lot of older people don't like the way he carries himself but the younger players love it, which is important when hitting the recruiting trail. Plus, I think him coming would have been an automatic invite into the SEC. Just from a recruiting standpoint, just imagine Deion decked out in all Jordan brand attire, getting off the helicopter, hitting the elite recruits games.
We had one of those high caffeine helicopter guys. Can you say Fedora? Give me somebody with a little less glitz and a little more substance. Worked pretty well in basketball for six decades. Still can.

Good friend of mine (who went to law school at UNC) texted me yesterday morning …
“Mack Brown needs to retire and move to The Villages. Once he’s there he’ll be able to $#!t the bed in private!”
I laughed the rest of the day.

Will he finish the year?

Barring a major scandal or Mack voluntarily stepping down, he will finish the year. Mack acts more like a CEO of a corporation who doesn’t look into the day-to-day operations than he a head football coach of an FBS school. Mack served his purpose by recruiting athletes thar was missed during the Fedora era. Carolina needs a HC that can bring in their own staff and systemically clean up the lackluster practices.

Why in the hell would deion Sanders even take a dump in North Carolina? He's got it made in Colorado and he also can get several other jobs that are much better.

Why in the hell would deion Sanders even take a dump in North Carolina? He's got it made in Colorado and he also can get several other jobs that are much better.
That's why I said that maybe it's to late. I was wanting Mack to step down several years ago and thought it would have did wonders on recruiting if UNC had him before he went to Colorado.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
There are folks who believe that all that matters are wins. For those folks, consider this. Deion since the beginning of last year is 8-9 at Colorado. In that same time, Mack is 11-7.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Mack Brown did not need to be hired to comeback when he did, but hey here we are. He has chronically underachieved since being back especially the last 2-3 years. If you don't want glitz and glamour find a DC who is great and have him come in and build a program with toughness. Not that he is interested in being a head coach, but the best DL coach in the country is at Georgia and worked at UNC for two years. Tray Scott knows how to develop young men and talent. He also is a good recruiter. UNC's two years while he was there were two of the better years on defense. Just a thought.

Reactions: 704Dawg
HC at James Madison took over this year from Curt Cignetti, now at Indiana.

Jamey Chadwell from Liberty, formerly at Coastal Carolina, would be a likely target.

Curious to see how NC State season plays out and if they will be looking for a new HC. Would be interesting if both jobs came open immediately after the season to see how to the two schools approach the search and what guys they go after.

HC at James Madison took over this year from Curt Cignetti, now at Indiana.

Jamey Chadwell from Liberty, formerly at Coastal Carolina, would be a likely target.

Curious to see how NC State season plays out and if they will be looking for a new HC. Would be interesting if both jobs came open immediately after the season to see how to the two schools approach the search and what guys they go after.
NC State is fine, will be favored in every game the rest of the season. Crazy as it sounds, they could go 10-2. They also own UNC under Doeren and have won 5 of the last 6. Dave Doeren has beat all the teams he's suppose to beat while many State fans have gotten spoiled thinking they should always upset the bigger schools. It just doesnt always happen that way... However, they have beat Clemson 2 of the last 4.

Wake Forest is the one who may start looking. Don't be surprised if they start flying banners over the stadium trying to fire Clawson.

Last edited:
NC State is fine, will be favored in every game the rest of the season. Crazy as it sounds, they could go 10-2. They also own UNC under Doeren and have won 5 of the last 6. Dave Doeren has beat all the teams he's suppose to beat while many State fans have gotten spoiled thinking they should always upset the bigger schools. It just doesnt always happen that way... However, they have beat Clemson 2 of the last 4.

Wake Forest is the one who may start looking. Don't be surprised if they start flying banners over the stadium trying to fire Clawson.
NC. State is playing little over average ball at best. They are playing nowhere near the type of ball they were projected to play. This was the alleged year they hit the 10-game winning season. I doubt that happens, I wouldn't be shocked if they lost 4 or 5 more games this season. Lot of kids from Charlotte playing key roles for them, and I'm really cheering for them. They really look like a team with no identity right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Yes Mack has “underachieved” but he has a better record than the last several coaches UNC had previously. From what I heard the NIL collective has struggled from a money perspective for basketball talent which is why they struck out from landing the elite big men in the portal and having some issues “allegedly” getting some top high school talent. I would imagine that would be an issue for football as well which is something Mack can’t control. I judge UNC in relation to other basketball schools like Kansas, Kentucky and Duke. I think they are right where they should be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT