ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

GA State is no pushover, but pretty bad offensively. If the UNC def doesn’t show up next week I’m not sure what to think. It’s a top 5 acc defense talent wise.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC_91
Not sure what's going on with the 5 star recruits. Neither of them touched the field. Hopefully they can turn it around or it's long year lol
You being a former college player know stars don’t mean anything sometimes. Jordan Davis was 3 star in some of the recruiting services.

You being a former college player know stars don’t mean anything sometimes. Jordan Davis was 3 star in some of the recruiting services.

You're definitely right brother, but damn with that size and talent and coached by great coaching. Should be able to be in the rotation. I thought shaw was a beast and would start from day one. Silver on the hand, know his hs coach and disagreed with his thoughts. But don't think he could be any worse then who they got playing on the DL. JS just embarrassed FAMU and we got zero pressure on their QB. Could be a long season. How's hooker n them vols looking in your eyes.

You're definitely right brother, but damn with that size and talent and coached by great coaching. Should be able to be in the rotation. I thought shaw was a beast and would start from day one. Silver on the hand, know his hs coach and disagreed with his thoughts. But don't think he could be any worse then who they got playing on the DL. JS just embarrassed FAMU and we got zero pressure on their QB. Could be a long season. How's hooker n them vols looking in your eyes.
Walter Nolen who was rated higher than Shaw didn’t even play much in Texas A&M opener against Sam Houston St. OL and DL are the hardest position to recruit and adjust to playing. How many college prospects OL did Shaw go against in high school.

• Haha
Walter Nolen who was rated higher than Shaw didn’t even play much in Texas A&M opener against Sam Houston St. OL and DL are the hardest position to recruit and adjust to playing. How many college prospects OL did Shaw go against in high school.

You're right definitely hard to recruit OL or DL and live up to the hype. Shaw has a motor and size, can't teach that. So thought he would come in and impact immediately. Nolen not hurt? Or lingering injury? A&M is stacked all the way around the roster, hard to compare the two. UNC is terrible upfront this year from my observation. A place like UNC you can't get these high recruits and not play them, none will follow in their footsteps.

Next week will tell a lot about my Vols. If they can be 3-0 going into a 3-0 Florida Neyland will be insane September 24th. Looking forward to getting to see Richardson play for UF. Really like Hooker and what he stands for. Kind of Funny Virginia Tech gets beat by ODU and Hooker has chance to have a good season and year in Heupels offense.

FSU punts up 7 with 2:15 left.
LSU muffs the punt to FSU.
FSU fumbles on the 1 with 1:25 left.
LSU drives 99 yards in 1:24 LSU scores with 1 second left.
FSU blocks the XP to win.

Lol

You're right definitely hard to recruit OL or DL and live up to the hype. Shaw has a motor and size, can't teach that. So thought he would come in and impact immediately. Nolen not hurt? Or lingering injury? A&M is stacked all the way around the roster, hard to compare the two. UNC is terrible upfront this year from my observation. A place like UNC you can't get these high recruits and not play them, none will follow in their footsteps.
I wanna say Shaw got some snaps against Florida A&M, but asked to come out because he was winded. Could be wrong. Would have to go back and look.

But you're right. UNC would be miles ahead with a good OL and DL. I'm not sure who takes over when Mack leaves, but I would back up a Brinks truck for someone like Sam Pittman. Just be really fundamentally sound up front. The rest will take care of itself because there's usually a boatload of talent between NC and VA.

But you're right. UNC would be miles ahead with a good OL and DL. I'm not sure who takes over when Mack leaves, but I would back up a Brinks truck for someone like Sam Pittman. Just be really fundamentally sound up front. The rest will take care of itself because there's usually a boatload of talent between NC and VA.

You aren't lying brother, Pittman is a great leader and would do wonders with the OL and DL. Not sure Arkansas would get rid of him to be honest. He turned that laughing stock into a contender in the hardest conference in football

I couldn’t see Pittman leaving Arkansas if he keeps doing good. That Walmart money and Jerry Jones money would be hard to beat.

I couldn’t see Pittman leaving Arkansas if he keeps doing good. That Walmart money and Jerry Jones money would be hard to beat.
Lol. I don't know. Only ONE coach that's stuck around in that division. You could be good and still not win much in the SEC West. And it's not getting any easier. Even if they scrap divisions.

Reactions: Appvol and UNC_91
I'm not saying it isn't a reach. But UNC has a lot to sell as well. Just someone in that mold that can hire the right people, has a good eye for talent, and can develop it. We've had good skill guys, have had no problem getting them, going back to Fedora, but the lines for the most part have been abysmal, and it's a LOS game, especially in the ACC. You don't need Bryce Young to be win most of the games on our schedule. But you can't give up a record number of sacks and/or a record number of points!

Last edited:
Watched him play in middle school and high school. I told people when he signed with Alabama he would redshirt a year, backup a year, and then replace Bryce Young once he finished his third season and went to the NFL. Mac Jones like with much more athleticism and mobility. Kid is special. Father is the most humble person I know.

Sam Hartman medically cleared. Good news for Wake Forest

I think that kid is one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. Watch QB1 on Netflix, you can see what type of kid is was, hopefully he has changed. But I'd never want him on my team, if he's still remotely close to the same.

GA State is no pushover, but pretty bad offensively. If the UNC def doesn’t show up next week I’m not sure what to think. It’s a top 5 acc defense talent wise.

GA State likes to run the ball. Their defense is full of RS juniors and seniors. They didn't lay down for SC, so I doubt they do for us.

Mack 2.0 looks like it might die on the vine. Didn't want to fire his good bud Searels, so he got rid of Bateman, and brought on Chizik instead. Catastrophic. Hope they can get it turned around. But it's not looking good.

Every Team in the ACC would be 3-0 with that schedule. (Except Duke) I know you're a big fan, but good lord. Anybody can score on that defense. Will their offense be able to score against conference teams?
Last year you were big on App St, what changed!??! They beat UVA, Wake, Miami, Duke last year and were 2 yards away from beating Pitt and had State down 2 scores with 2-3 minutes left last year. Defense is just as bad as last year and the offense is better. VT lost to ODU, State escaped ECU with two missed field goals in the last 3 minutes etc. UNC is a shit show, but so is the rest of the ACC.

Last year you were big on App St, what changed!??! They beat UVA, Wake, Miami, Duke last year and were 2 yards away from beating Pitt and had State down 2 scores with 2-3 minutes left last year. Defense is just as bad as last year and the offense is better. VT lost to ODU, State escaped ECU with two missed field goals in the last 3 minutes etc. UNC is a shit show, but so is the rest of the ACC.
I was big on App State 2019, not last year. I believe ECU will potentially win out. I know Coach Houston very well. He wins everywhere he goes. I don't know a lot about VTech. Heel defense was nowhere near as bad last year. They had points put up against them, but not Mid-major programs. You're taking it the wrong way. My criticism is bi-partisan. I cheer for all the NC programs. If you don't believe The Heels defense is horrendous. You're just not being honest with yourself, and looking at the game as a bias fan. If you're a Head coach in a Power 5 conference and mid-majors are putting up points against you, and you're not concern. Your eventually going to get fired. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it before you make me aware.

I was big on App State 2019, not last year. I believe ECU will win a lot of games. I know Coach Houston very well. He wins everywhere he goes. I don't know a lot about VTech. Heel defense was nowhere near as bad last year. They had points put up against them, but not Mid-major programs. You're taking it the wrong way. My criticism is bi-partisan. I cheer for all the NC programs. If you don't believe The Heel defense is horrendous. You're just not being honest with yourself, and looking at the game as a bias fan. If you're a Head coach in a Power 5 conference and mid-majors are putting up points against you, and you're not concern. Your eventually going to get fired. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it before you make me aware.
I just said we’re a shit show, so yes, I’m in agreement. I like to have fun on here but I assure you, I wouldn’t lose any sleep if every coach was given a massive payout along with a pink slip. However, I love seeing homegrown NC guys have success like Maye, Hampton, Paysour, Nesbit, Power etc. Basketball season is almost here:)

Reactions: UNC_91 and nepsy7
I just said we’re a shit show, so yes, I’m in agreement. I like to have fun on here but I assure you, I wouldn’t lose any sleep if every coach was given a massive payout along with a pink slip. However, I love seeing homegrown NC guys have success like Maye, Hampton, Paysour, Nesbit, Power etc. Basketball season is almost here:)
10-4!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT