ADVERTISEMENT

Mack is Back Part 2

yikes-cringe.gif

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
Yea heels looked terrible, especially Drake.

Tennessee looked bad as well, Alabama is way down with zero QB, thought Tennessee would take that one. When will Josh turn to the freshman QB making 7 million sitting on the bench?

Yea heels looked terrible, especially Drake.

Tennessee looked bad as well, Alabama is way down with zero QB, thought Tennessee would take that one. When will Josh turn to the freshman QB making 7 million sitting on the bench?
Not going to happen. Got remember Heupel gave Milton the starting job over Hooker but Milton got hurt Hooker never looked back. Think Heupel is being loyal to Milton since he stayed and didn’t transfer

Not going to happen. Got remember Heupel gave Milton the starting job over Hooker but Milton got hurt Hooker never looked back. Think Heupel is being loyal to Milton since he stayed and didn’t transfer
Makes sense. Never thought Milton was good, even at Michigan, looked clueless out there. Definitely improved at Tennessee, but geez looks like just decent. Huge arm with decent legs, thought he would have a huge year this year

Reactions: Appvol
UVA led in TOP by 14 minutes and ran the ball 53 times for 231 yds. UNC had 143 on the ground with only 29 rushing attempts, a slightly higher average than UVA, but they seemed to rely mostly on the arm of Maye(24-48-2, 347), and the big play. this spelled disaster for the UNC defense who couldn’t seem to get off the field, giving up soul crushing drives down the stretch, despite some opportunistic gifts.

Reactions: Swo1980
22 points in the 4th quarter alone and 635 total yds. allowed by the defense for the game. the season is over with the exception of maybe a lower tier bowl game. this is SO Mack Brown.

Take away the Miami loss and they have three losses by 13 points to Bama, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. The latter two and the U on the road. I would see how they do against LSU. If they finish 8-4 do you want to pay him $76 million to go away, plus assistants salaries for at least a year in many cases, and the new HC plus staff?

Take away the Miami loss and they have three losses by 13 points to Bama, Ole Miss, and Tennessee. The latter two and the U on the road. I would see how they do against LSU. If they finish 8-4 do you want to pay him $76 million to go away, plus assistants salaries for at least a year in many cases, and the new HC plus staff?
I think the bigger issue is they are quickly falling behind Texas and to a lesser degree TCU.

Gonna be alot of turnover this year. Harbaugh, Lincoln probably headed to NFL.Mack could be done.

Reactions: btango
I think the bigger issue is they are quickly falling behind Texas and to a lesser degree TCU.

Gonna be alot of turnover this year. Harbaugh, Lincoln probably headed to NFL.Mack could be done.
Doubt Lincoln gets an NFL gig he can't even dominate the B12 or Pac12

Heading into the UNC/NC State matchup, UNC has dropped from the rankings following four straight ACC losses and NC State has entered them at #24.

It seems like UNC has continued to achieve less than expected results. Are UNC fans really glad Mack is back?

Heading into the UNC/NC State matchup, UNC has dropped from the rankings following four straight ACC losses and NC State has entered them at #24.

It seems like UNC has continued to achieve less than expected results. Are UNC fans really glad Mack is back?
Wasn’t a fan of it 5 years ago but no doubt he’s improved the program on several fronts; on the field, recruiting trail and the facilities. He’s also underachieved with the talent he’s brought in, both can be true. He’s done what was needed to be done and now it’s time to hand the keys over.

Wasn’t a fan of it 5 years ago but no doubt he’s improved the program on several fronts; on the field, recruiting trail and the facilities. He’s also underachieved with the talent he’s brought in, both can be true. He’s done what was needed to be done and now it’s time to hand the keys over.
At least Wright was the only good thing for TN Saturday. He only had like 3 carries in the 1st half after that run. I didn’t think we would beat the Dawgs but man give him more carries after that run. I don’t care if you have a rotation for your RBs.

I was looking at the 247 rankings for 2026 kids. NC is loaded with 2026 kids in the rankings. I think there was 7 in the rankings that went to just 100 kids.

Reactions: NBBears20124ACHAMPS
I think this is exactly correct. It's a upgrade from Fedora and they have been at least competitive and entertaining . I still believe there is another tier they can go. Probably not consistently top 10 but top 20 with a chance at an ACC title win every 2-3 years.

The right coach, combined with a down Clemson and expanded playoff format should be good for them.

So what. UNC is 10 times better than the early season champ Colorado.

So this should just about do it for the Mack Brown
So this should just about do it for the Mack Brown era
Every year his teams get worse as the season progresses. The defense is always soft and the offense becomes hit and miss. The overall appearance is a poorly managed team that doesn’t possess the ability to fight back when they’re challenged. I think it’s time to clean house.

Mack has taken the program as far as he can. Sorry to say that but that is my belief at this point. Two options, resign today so the admin can get the search started or definitely make 2024 the last season regardless.

Fear at UNC: hire a young go-getter that does a good job and they are gone fairly quick to an SEC or Big 10 school. So are they better off to hire the older guy that will stay even if the big jobs are offered. I would take my chances with young, fire breather and tell the donors that football is going to be the focus moving forward so get the checkbooks ready.

For several years I have thought hiring an offensive minded coach is the ticket but I think it does not really matter at this point. Just go get the best guy to win.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT