ADVERTISEMENT

MA vs Tarboro for the Ship!

All the news sites, Massey ratings, Simmons, calpreps, have Tarboro losing. Hard to consider that being a favorite when your picked by so many to lose
They most all be meteorologist don’t know what there talking about. Tarboro is favorite period till proven otherwise. After watching 4a last night I think east wins them all but 2a . 3a to me is a toss up

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
They most all be meteorologist don’t know what there talking about. Tarboro is favorite period till proven otherwise. After watching 4a last night I think east wins them all but 2a . 3a to me is a toss up
To me Tarboro is the 1A mirror of 4A New Bern a game where you had two teams 15-0 and Grimsley who had one of the biggest D lines with a 6'6" 355lbs DL going to Georgia but if they didn't stop NB RB's or QB at the line scrimmage didn't have the speed to catch them. And offensively they did have a very balance team pass and run coming in.
So the question with Mt Airy who has one of the smallest lines I've seen this year. I meationed this and Mt Airy person said they didn't have to hold a block long with the triple option and depended on speed okay I'll buy that because obviously that's been working. But after last night my question is with the small line though obviously they still have a good D do they have the speed to keep up with Tarboro?
Last year it wasn't Mitchell's D so much as they couldn't get any offense going so to me for Mt Airy to win they have to have a good offensive day because I'm just not convinced they'll be able to stop the Tarboro offense, but maybe they'll prove me wrong I've found that most games don't go nothing like what I think they will.

Reactions: sbbbfan
All the news sites, Massey ratings, Simmons, calpreps, have Tarboro losing. Hard to consider that being a favorite when your picked by so many to lose
Who cares both teams are damn good to made it here. Respect is big both ways. Both teams much respect. Win or lose these kids are awesome both teams.

I think they have a good shot at 3/4. East Lincoln wins going away imo. I don’t get caught up in the East/West hoopla but can see why others do.
I probably get more into the East - West thing in 1A then the others two West teams 2A & 4A are in Greensboro area which about as central NC as you can get but they had to go one way or the other so went West to make the numbers work. I would consider East Lincoln actual West as far as just on the map goes.

That was a real heads-up play by the East Duplin kid being apparently the only one who knew the ball was still live after the blocked field goal just taking the ball out of the place holders hand and running for the TD.
While it's rare I've seen blocked kicks taking back for a TD but I don't believe I've ever seen it happen that way.

It ain't lookin good at all TD....Those East Offenses just look waaaaay more smash mouth all the way around so far!! The West has stopped nothing so far. Mt.Airy will definitely have to score 30+ to win this afternoon. I thought i was sold on the West stoppin the run all the way around. I'm definitely not at all now!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT