ADVERTISEMENT

Lets suppose??

Hon Dines

Aug 21, 2002
China Grove, NC
If Chambers beats Mallard and Hough beats Hopewell. Chambers, Hough, and Mallard Creek tie for conference championship.
Hough beat Chambers, Chambers beat Mallard Creek and Mallard Creek beat Hough.
I know 1st tiebreaker is head to head(No good)

(B) DETERMINING CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT SEEDING

(4) If the tie still exists, a draw will be held by the tied teams for the seeds available. All tied teams for a position will draw with the numbers of the spots for which they are tied in a hat.

Last edited:
Reactions: CPC4LIFE
I was under the impression that a three was tie for conference #1 position with all teams being 1-1 against the others it goes to highest RPI.
Looking at the NCHSAA seeding process( We know how they are)It's a draw. They don't make changes to rules as they should?
You are probably right!

Found another rule that includes RPI's with 2 teams but it should be the same as 3 teams.

3. What happens if two (2) teams are tied in the final RPI standings? There is a tiebreaker for this unlikely scenario. It is as follows: i. Head-to-head results between the tied teams ii. Overall Winning percentage iii. Opponents’ winning percentage iv. Opponents’ opponents winning percentage v. Highest-rated win (according to the final RPI standings) vi. Next-highest rated win (exhaust all possibilities) vii. Draw

Reactions: crusaders13
didn't mallard creek beat hough
Found another rule that includes RPI's with 2 teams but it should be the same as 3 teams.

3. What happens if two (2) teams are tied in the final RPI standings? There is a tiebreaker for this unlikely scenario. It is as follows: i. Head-to-head results between the tied teams ii. Overall Winning percentage iii. Opponents’ winning percentage iv. Opponents’ opponents winning percentage v. Highest-rated win (according to the final RPI standings) vi. Next-highest rated win (exhaust all possibilities) vii. Draw

didn't mallard creek beat hough

from my first post on this thread. If Chambers beats Mallard and Hough beats Hopewell. Chambers, Hough, and Mallard Creek tie for conference championship.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
If Chambers beats Mallard and Hough beats Hopewell. Chambers, Hough, and Mallard Creek tie for conference championship.

(B) DETERMINING CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT SEEDING

(4) If the tie still exists, a draw will be held by the tied teams for the seeds available. All tied teams for a position will draw with the numbers of the spots for which they are tied in a hat.
Only in a perfect world pal.

i think Chambers can get it done... There's going to be a few really good 3 seeds with a point to make come the 1st round.

This happened in the CPC about a decade or more ago! It was a draw then as well… 1st 2nd and 3rd.

It(3 way Tie) happened in the Movie Friday Night Lights with Billy Bob Thorton if I remember correctly and they were flippin lucky old coins and only 1 of the 3 could go to the playoffs but it wasn't for first place...it was a playoff spot.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT