ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers football

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Any thoughts about Chambers season. Will it be the top 3 of Hough, Mallard Creek and Chambers battle out for conference.

8/25 Chambers vs Benedictine ( GA)
9/1 Chambers vs Glenn
9/8 Chambers vs Hickory Ridge
9/15 Chambers at West Meck
9/22 Chambers at Hough
9/29 Chambers at Harding
10/6 Chambers vs Hopewell
10/13 Chambers at North Meck
10/20 Chambers vs West Charlotte
10/27 Chambers vs Mallard Creek

Hope I got the schedule right.
Who is this team Benedictine ( Ga)

Last edited:
Any thoughts about Chambers season. Will it be the top 3 of Hough, Mallard Creek and Chambers battle out for conference.

8/25 Chambers vs Benedictine ( GA)
9/1 Chambers vs Glenn
9/8 Chambers vs Hickory Ridge
9/15 Chambers at West Meck
9/22 Chambers at Hough
9/29 Chambers at Harding
10/6 Chambers vs Hopewell
10/13 Chambers at North Meck
10/20 Chambers vs West Charlotte
10/27 Chambers vs Mallard Creek

Hope I got the schedule right.
Who is this team Benedictine ( Ga)
Benedictine is the defending state champ in GA. Believe they’re a Catholic school.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Benedictine is the defending state champ in GA. Believe they’re a Catholic school.
Benedictine in Georgia is a private Catholic military school. Benedictine are the defending 4A champs in a state that has 1A-7A football. Benedictine’s enrollment is between 400-450 students annually.

Regarding this program, I'm not sure. They made a negative impact on the NC High School football system because of all the illegal agendas they tried to push on their neighbors.

Life only has one. A new season is almost here.

Benedictine in Georgia is a private Catholic military school. Benedictine are the defending 4A champs in a state that has 1A-7A football. Benedictine’s enrollment is between 400-450 students annually.
Yeah., funny how those private Catholic schools dominate in sports even with minimal enrollments. Guess the back to back GA State Champs got a bunch of astronauts and not football players.

Yeah., funny how those private Catholic schools dominate in sports even with minimal enrollments. Guess the back to back GA State Champs got a bunch of astronauts and not football players.
School has 400 kids and almost 100 varsity football players lol. To their credit they are racking up multiple state championships in other sports also in particular the “country club” sports.

Imagine how good a private catholic school witj about 1245 students in a major metropolitan area with a 6 County boundary would be. Theyd likely dominate and rack of ships.....
If they were in NC they would have great competition in 4A but much less in 3A.

Some of their guys.

Thomas Blacksher: Alabama commit, WR
Luke Kromenhoek: Florida State commit, QB
Bryce Baker: App State commit, LB
Jacobe Ward: LSU commit, OG

Some of their guys.

Thomas Blacksher: Alabama commit, WR
Luke Kromenhoek: Florida State commit, QB
Bryce Baker: App State commit, LB
Jacobe Ward: LSU commit, OG
What does Chambers have coming back?

Secondary will be really good. Outside of that I don’t know. DC is really good with a new OC.
Secondary looked average against Myers Park and Crest in a recent 7v7 I attended.. both teams went up and down field with ease against Chambers secondary

Secondary looked average against Myers Park and Crest in a recent 7v7 I attended.. both teams went up and down field with ease against Chambers secondary
7 on 7 is a crapshoot. We smoked Weddington a few weeks back throwing the ball, yet we all know both Wedd/CC are different when their lines are on the field.
Chambers may not be the 2019-2020 version, but they’ll be solid.

Last edited:
Chambers still has a lot in the receiving core, including Kevin Concepcion's younger brother. They will have a couple of pretty good running backs and should be defensively sound. Question mark is going to be at the QB spot, I think you may see them run it a little more this year as Wiggins puts more of a stamp on the team.

Chambers still has a lot in the receiving core, including Kevin Concepcion's younger brother. They will have a couple of pretty good running backs and should be defensively sound. Question mark is going to be at the QB spot, I think you may see them run it a little more this year as Wiggins puts more of a stamp on the team.
Who are the other young running backs outside of Reggie Hokes coming up from JV?

Secondary looked average against Myers Park and Crest in a recent 7v7 I attended.. both teams went up and down field with ease against Chambers secondarThwyAnd crest rolls out 90% of the time in 7on7.
They were missing 4 starters… including 2 D1 Dbs… Crest also rolls out 90% of the time in 7on7. That’s not realistic at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 87SwO and Crestuff
Their D and O lines won’t be very good. Lost their two best O-Lineman in Fred Perry (Catawba) and David Jacobs (NCCU) and of course they lost one of the best D-Lineman in NC in Zarrion Jackson-Bass (Yale). The offense goes without saying, lost Concepcion (State), Bubba Camp (ODU), and Booker (Western Carolina). Those are some big losses (I didn’t even mention they lost their best player in Jordan Thompson) for a team that most questioned last year. The secondary is good but I think the loss of TJ McGill (William and Mary) and Tre Henderson (JMU commit; but will be out a significant amount of time with injury; maybe even the whole season) will set them back. Chambers will be good but will have a lot to prove.

Last edited:
They were missing 4 starters… including 2 D1 Dbs… Crest also rolls out 90% of the time in 7on7. That’s not realistic at all.
Believe it or not but Crest rolls out a lot in games also. 7 on 7 can be misleading though so I don’t put too much into it.

Believe it or not but Crest rolls out a lot in games also. 7 on 7 can be misleading though so I don’t put too much into it.
Agreed. The offense will determine how good they are this year. Defense is always good.

Braylon Vinson, Prince Caldwell, and they have an impressive freshman coming in that could get some time late in games similar to how Hollywood got started a few years ago - Michael Griffin.
I will be on the lookout for him.

If you’re determining how good a secondary is based off of 7v7, that’s not a good look. Not a coach on the planet recruits a kid based off a 7v7. 🤷🏾‍♂️😀 In their secondary they have a West Virginia, Coastal Carolina and James Madison commits. I don’t know where the 4th one is going.

Last edited:
If you’re determining how good a secondary is based off of 7v7, that’s not a good look. Not a coach on the planet recruits a kid based off a 7v7. 🤷🏾‍♂️😀 In their secondary they have a West Virginia, Coastal Carolina and James Madison commits. I don’t know where the 4th one is going.
The kid going to JMU (Henderson) has been out since before Spring Practice. Torn ACL I’m hearing and it’ll take a miracle for him to play this season. HUGE LOSS. He’s the best of the three in my opinion.

WC over Chambers. Is WC that good this year and Chambers dropping off?
Agree with little of both. Folks don't give Coach Brand enough credit for what he built at Chambers and the type of coach that he is. Brand is possibly a top 5 coach in Mecklenburg history and worked with two of the best in the business at Independence and Mallard Creek. The further Chambers gets away from him the more they will gradually slip. Then Chambers got Coach Ferebee who lost 5 games total in his tenure with two ships, and a runner up. Both offensive minded coaches.

This is no slight to Chambers current staff at all. Just saying they are coming off two of the most successful coaches in the schools history. 4 straight ship games, tons of college players. Will give you few reasons for a Chambers dip.

1. Coaches. Brand and Ferebee were exceptional offensive minded coaches that won everywhere they have been, and very experienced. Its almost impossible to never being heard of to go to 4 straight ships. Just law of avg, says they fall some and come back to the pack.

2. CMS crackdown. Wont even dive into that, but the pipeline will definitely slow. With the CMS crackdown look for magnet highschools with IB to get better faster because kids can get in w/o penalty and go back to their home schools the following years w/o 365 if it doesn't work out. Playing games with residency now will get you 365 ASAP. Not worth the risk anymore. A ton of C/O 2027 top athletes went to IB High schools in WC/North Meck. The top 4-5 football middle schools in Charlotte are Piedmont, Ranson, JMA, and Randolph which all happen to be IB schools that can get guys county wide depending on your zone. James Martin was once the top football middle school during the Chambers run, not so much anymore.

3. Talent, Talent, Talent. The type of talent Chambers has had over the past decade has been insane! They are losing Smothers(WC), Concepcion, Camp, Booker, Jordan Thompson, TJ, Sean, Jackson-Bass. That may be one of the most impressive classes in NC history. Dont see them reloading at that level. Also lost Richardson as AD few years ago. He is the BEST in the business.

WC over Chambers. Is WC that good this year and Chambers dropping off?
Heard there was some coaching changes at WC so we’ll see who stays and who leaves there. If they don’t have too much turnover, they should be slightly better than Chambers on paper. Many forget that WC was beating Chambers this year for 3 and a half quarters and just ran out of steam.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT