ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers football

Heard there was some coaching changes at WC so we’ll see who stays and who leaves there. If they don’t have too much turnover, they should be slightly better than Chambers on paper. Many forget that WC was beating Chambers this year for 3 and a half quarters and just ran out of steam.
Yeah WC could/should have won last year but Chambers too much for them defensively. If WC can get better on offense they will be ok. They couldn't muster much offense against great teams.

Dont think WC will lose much if any with the DC leaving. Wasnt that big of a deal when he left Chambers, or Indy. Would have been great had it worked out though.

Not sure of the rules but think if they practiced spring ball they cant play for another HS in the fall? Could be wrong but I thought there was a rule about practicing with a team and then leaving? Thats y most transfers took place 2nd semester vs. Summer now. Could be wrong.

Yeah WC could/should have won last year but Chambers too much for them defensively. If WC can get better on offense they will be ok. They couldn't muster much offense against great teams.

Dont think WC will lose much if any with the DC leaving. Wasnt that big of a deal when he left Chambers, or Indy. Would have been great had it worked out though.

Not sure of the rules but think if they practiced spring ball they cant play for another HS in the fall? Could be wrong but I thought there was a rule about practicing with a team and then leaving? Thats y most transfers took place 2nd semester vs. Summer now. Could be wrong.
Hackett is gone already??

Hackett is gone already??
Gone for a while. Not sure what happened. Thought he would be great addition.

WC seems to be dialed in. Last year they didnt have a HC late summer and ended up leading KM 19-6 before the meltdown. One first down and they win on the road. This year they will be really good. The next few could be even better especially if they keep getting great 9th grade classes. Last two have been excellent

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I’d like to see a lot of the "top" teams records in that conference tbh. Hough, Creek, Chambers, West Charlotte… Talk about having to come ready to play each week. These teams also schedule STRONG out of conference games. Dutch Fork, Buford, Byrnes, Benedictine, Gaffney, Highland Springs.

I agree with the 6-4/7-3 prediction. I think they’ll be a tough out in the playoffs with the right match up. Their biggest question marks will be in the trenches. The QB from Creek is very solid to along with their skills but you can’t do anything without decent line play.

I’d like to see a lot of the "top" teams records in that conference tbh. Hough, Creek, Chambers, West Charlotte… Talk about having to come ready to play each week. These teams also schedule STRONG out of conference games. Dutch Fork, Buford, Byrnes, Benedictine, Gaffney, Highland Springs.
It's a great point.

One of these highly competitive imposing Charlotte teams should win the Big Dance this year without facing a CMS crackdown.

Some share the same issues & qualities as those who created the issue. They adhere to the motto "keep lying 'til we get caught". The history of their recurring postseason losses proves it.

Last edited:
One of these highly competitive imposing Charlotte teams should win the Big Dance this year without facing a CMS crackdown.

Some share the same issues & qualities as those who created the issue. They adhere to the motto "keep lying 'til we get caught". The history of their recurring postseason losses proves it.
Hmmmm I wonder who you are talking about there… Postseason losses gave it away haha. They should have at least 1 state championship by now. Kind of embarrassing with the amount of people they get in.

Talk about bulletin board material!! I would love to be a coach/player at Chambers this upcoming year
Dont think its much bulletin board material but just common sense approach. They lost 3 in one year whereas they lost 5 total in the prior 3 years. They made 4 straight title games and didn't make it past the 2nd round last year. They had gotten bunch of transfers in, now CMS crackdown... State Title experienced coaches to coach with his first winning season ever at Chambers last year.... Just good old fashioned deductive reasoning.

They play Benedictine who won the state championship and their only losses were to other state champs and has won 4 state titles in last ten years. They play Hough who they are 1-6 against the last 7 regular seasons. MC will be better this year, WC will be better this year, NM better this year and a potential playoff loss. 3-4 losses is a very reasonable expectation.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Hmmmm I wonder who you are talking about there… Postseason losses gave it away haha. They should have at least 1 state championship by now. Kind of embarrassing with the amount of people they get in.
The history, staff, size, quantity, quality, and caliber. With everything that exists in any of these programs, it is impossible to have a consistent number of postseason losses and not reaching the Big Dance year after year. These are monumental teams. Despite these spoken programs in the Charlotte Orbit having sponsors, while others do not, they all have something special in common in real time - A Large Mouth and a Meager Trophy.

They liable to lose 4 games… who knows. People calling them mediocre is crazy to me!
They aren't mediocre. Instead, they lack modesty, performance, and finished results given the conditions and weapons they bring to the stadium. As mentioned above, despite these spoken programs in the Charlotte Orbit having sponsors, while others do not, they all have something special in common in real time - A Large Mouth and a Meager Trophy.

They aren't mediocre. Instead, they lack modesty, performance, and finished results given the conditions and weapons they bring to the stadium. As mentioned above, despite these spoken programs in the Charlotte Orbit having sponsors, while others do not, they all have something special in common in real time - A Large Mouth and a Meager Trophy.
Can you explain the large mouth/meager trophy comment a little? IMO over the past few years, Chambers social media has been pretty loud, but I like it. Makes it more interesting. I dont see many other schools that put out as much as they do, but maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Can you explain the large mouth/meager trophy comment a little? IMO over the past few years, Chambers social media has been pretty loud, but I like it. Makes it more interesting. I dont see many other schools that put out as much as they do, but maybe I'm just not seeing it.
Well they’ve been loud, but they have two rings to back it up.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Explain?
Are you writing a book?

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra
Chambers built their brand off of social media. Those in the know have their opinion on Lash, but he did an impeccable job promoting the product. The videography is still top tier but their football page has dropped off significantly since Lash left.

Chambers built their brand off of social media. Those in the know have their opinion on Lash, but he did an impeccable job promoting the product. The videography is still top tier but their football page has dropped off significantly since Lash left.
Dropped off significantly? The same two videographers still produce all their content. They are close to 30K on Instagram. I think they had 18K when lash left.

Grimsley does a good job promoting their brand on social media as well! I also think hough may have hired someone for the season as well.

Dropped off significantly? The same two videographers still produce all their content. They are close to 30K on Instagram. I think they had 18K when lash left.
The videography is arguably better than most high level D1 programs. The videographers don’t run the Chambers page though. It’s a huge difference in the way it’s run now and the way Lash ran it. Lash was Lash but they had a distinctive style/swag, they try a little too hard now. Dropped off as in quality of stuff they do outside of the videos the post is probably how I should’ve worded it.

The majority of High Schools are working with a very small budget and maybe I’m just old school, but no way am I hiring a videographer for a High School football team. Wins will out promote any video put out. What exactly are you promoting? If some college kid is majoring in videography and wants to occasionally do videos as more of an intern and for free, I get it. Outside of that there’s a lot more a program could be doing with their finances and staff. College, a different story. A great recruiting tool. High School? I’ll pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: beamer24
You could argue the constant social media presence and non stop promoting and trash talking contributed to the fall off at Chambers as well. Brand liked to push the envelope there but it got WAY out of hand after he left and accelerated even further after Ferbee.

They talk, but they have more than a meager trophy. 4 ship appearances in 5 years, with 2 ships is VERY impressive.

Say what?

The majority of High Schools are working with a very small budget and maybe I’m just old school, but no way am I hiring a videographer for a High School football team. Wins will out promote any video put out. What exactly are you promoting? If some college kid is majoring in videography and wants to occasionally do videos as more of an intern and for free, I get it. Outside of that there’s a lot more a program could be doing with their finances and staff. College, a different story. A great recruiting tool. High School? I’ll pass.
Yes, you are old school. These kids were raised in front of screens and the new currency is likes and follows. Essentially they're starting to build their brand early. Think about the top HS athletes (hoops/fball) in the country that we hear all about...do you know their W-L record and how many trophies they have?

Duke Basketball saw this early and set the pace in 2010's. They may never win another banner, but they sell the kids on building their brand in a season or 2 and put out arguably the best media product out there. Its a showcase.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
What connection can be drawn between 30K followers on IG and the ongoing underperformance issue several of these historically significant monumental teams in Charlotte Orbit have been experiencing? The same community that speaks negatively about others and fails to advance to the Big Dance is the same community that engages in such behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT