ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers football

I don't know if you could call The Creek down in 2012. Butler was the only team we couldn't beat. LOL! Outside of Butler. We averaged almost 60 points a game with 5 shut outs and held opponents to a 4.8 average points per game.
I thought the 2011, 2013-2015 version were better. 2010 Mallard Creek vs 2012 Mallard Creek, i liked 2010 in my opinion. I am just comparing them to other Creek teams.

Can’t go wrong with 2012. I thought the 2010 team was dominant playing a better schedule. Mt. Tabor, Richmond twice, Hibriten (who was really good 3A), Chambers twice, Page and Wake Forest.

2012 although really talented beat a relatively “down” Mallard Creek team and East Forsyth was pretty good. I wished they had more of a stiff schedule but they were dominant.

It’s why I like the 2013 Mallard Creek team as their best team but many Creek guys prefer other teams. I liked 2002 Indy over 2004 Indy.
I thought 2003 Indy was not much behind 2002 by the end of the season. 2004, 2001, 2002, 2003. 2008 lost six starters by the state semifinal and would have been considered one of their elite teams. Staying healthy had been a big part of the success but 2007 and 2008 it derailed them.

Reactions: shutdownD24
I don't know if you could call The Creek down in 2012. Butler was the only team we couldn't beat. LOL! Outside of Butler. We averaged almost 60 points a game with 5 shut outs and held opponents to a 4.8 average points per game.
Yeah, you knew where I was going here. 2012 team avg like 60 a game against everyone other than Butler. In the 8 quarters of football they played against Butler they got 6 pts. They were just that good.

Yeah, you knew where I was going here. 2012 team avg like 60 a game against everyone other than Butler. In the 8 quarters of football they played against Butler they got 6 pts. They were just that good.
Its why i said relatively “down” which shows the type of talent Mallard Creek had for that stretch.

State title in 2015. Last appearance was 2017
Given how excellent of a program this is, that is really alarming and somewhat frightening. I am aware that the Creek does a lot of wonderful things, including sending these high caliber athletes to prestigious institutions, but do you think it has been eight years too long since their last significant victory and why?

Given how excellent of a program this is, that is really alarming and somewhat frightening. I am aware that the Creek does a lot of wonderful things, including sending these high caliber athletes to prestigious institutions, but do you think it has been eight years too long since their last significant victory and why?
Alarmed and frightened?? It's a HS football program so I would have to say no. The program is fine. They have gotten better each year under Tinsley and I suspect that will continue to hold true. Mike built something special there but it took 4 years before he got to a 4a West game and 6 before he took home a ring.
I don't follow it like I used to for various reasons but they should be very good over next 2-3 years.

People like to overreact about, "why isn't your *insert name of very successful program* great right now?" Why is it always coming from fans of programs who RARELY win their conference, let alone state championships, or heck even appear in a chip game. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, but it always seems to be something like this...

Things take time, and no great team was built over night, and if it was, it was in the wrong ways.

Alarmed and frightened?? It's a HS football program so I would have to say no. The program is fine. They have gotten better each year under Tinsley and I suspect that will continue to hold true. Mike built something special there but it took 4 years before he got to a 4a West game and 6 before he took home a ring.
I don't follow it like I used to for various reasons but they should be very good over next 2-3 years.
Obviously, there's no pun intended. What we are talking about is a powerful program, which is why I asked the question. This is more than "just an HS Program." And so why do these athletes go to the Creek if that is the case? I assert that the athlete's parents and the athletes themselves see more than just a high school program in the Creek. Expectations should always be high, whether it's for high school or college. When the bar is raised, you also establish expectations for the athletes & the program to meet as a whole. Additionally, year after year I've seen far too many people on this platform preannounce that "We will be better next year and win the Big Dance" in the wake of every major defeat, yet I continue to observe the same outcome. Furthermore, there have been numerous coach and staff turnovers, which is a lot in 8 years. Therefore, I see a problem with both the lack of coach longevity and the lack of success in the past eight years. For a college-sized football team playing at the HS level, that is a very long time. So my question is what Championship standard is this solid program held under, every eight years, 10 years, 15 years, etc...?

Obviously, there's no pun intended. What we are talking about is a powerful program, which is why I asked the question. This is more than "just an HS Program." And so why do these athletes go to the Creek if that is the case? I assert that the athlete's parents and the athletes themselves see more than just a high school program in the Creek. Expectations should always be high, whether it's for high school or college. When the bar is raised, you also establish expectations for the athletes & the program to meet as a whole. Additionally, year after year I've seen far too many people on this platform preannounce that "We will be better next year and win the Big Dance" in the wake of every major defeat, yet I continue to observe the same outcome. Furthermore, there have been numerous coach and staff turnovers, which is a lot in 8 years. Therefore, I see a problem with both the lack of coach longevity and the lack of success in the past eight years. For a college-sized football team playing at the HS level, that is a very long time. So my question is what Championship standard is this solid program held under, every eight years, 10 years, 15 years, etc...?
Numerous coach turnover? They’ve had two head coaches in their history. Unless you are talking about assistant coaches.

Most teams don’t win championships every year and there is ups and downs in regard to talent. The last 15 years it went from Indy/Butler to Mallard Creek then shifted to Chambers and Hough. Many people are saying the talent shift is going back to Indy/Butler. Mallard Creek doesn’t have the same size and speed talent they had 5-6 years ago and other teams (Chambers and Hough) has caught up. They will always be in the mix every year.

Most teams don’t win championships every year and there is ups and downs in regard to talent. The last 15 years it went from Indy/Butler to Mallard Creek then shifted to Chambers and Hough. Many people are saying the talent shift is going back to Indy/Butler. Mallard Creek doesn’t have the same size and speed talent they had 5-6 years ago and other teams (Chambers and Hough) has caught up. They will always be in the mix every year.
This discussion is NOT about most teams, let's be honest. We are NOT referring to just any ordinary team, but rather to one of the most elite squads in North Carolina history, competing in what is widely regarded as the most competitive conference in the state.. The Creek's 139-34 record from 2007 to 2015 is incredible. I'm aware of three state championships won by The Creek between 2013 and 2015. This indicates that Coach Palmieri needed 7 years to build a Big Pie winning foundation from scratch. Coach Tinsley, a fantastic coach, arrived with natural talent in place. Without a ship, now eight years have passed. Four under Tinsley. As you noted, the talent has shifted from 5-6 years ago, and this is quite disturbing for the Creek(why). A program like the Creek is required to meet a winning percentage and/or championship standards, unlike some programs where coaches are recruited purely to check the block. So, my question is still valid. What Championship standard is this solid program held under, every year, eight years, 10 years, 15 years, etc...?

This discussion is NOT about most teams, let's be honest. We are NOT referring to just any ordinary team, but rather to one of the most elite squads in North Carolina history, competing in what is widely regarded as the most competitive conference in the state.. The Creek's 139-34 record from 2007 to 2015 is incredible. I'm aware of three state championships won by The Creek between 2013 and 2015. This indicates that Coach Palmieri needed 7 years to build a Big Pie winning foundation from scratch. Coach Tinsley, a fantastic coach, arrived with natural talent in place. Without a ship, now eight years have passed. Four under Tinsley. As you noted, the talent has shifted from 5-6 years ago, and this is quite disturbing for the Creek(why). A program like the Creek is required to meet a winning percentage and/or championship standards, unlike some programs where coaches are recruited purely to check the block. So, my question is still valid. What Championship standard is this solid program held under, every year, eight years, 10 years, 15 years, etc...?
Required? By whom?

Surely not the blind
I’ve been around the program since 2009, school opened in 2007. I know every player since 2009 and every coach that has ever coached for the program. Your post is loaded with misinformation, and crazy stuff that makes no sense. May I suggest you either get an interpreter to help you articulate what the Hell you’re trying to say, or just let it go. It’s like you’re on drugs or something. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

• Haha
Reactions: BlueVols and 87SwO
I’ve been around the program since 2009, school opened in 2007. I know every player since 2009 and every coach that has ever coached for the program. Your post is loaded with misinformation, and crazy stuff that makes no sense. May I suggest you either get an interpreter to help you articulate what the Hell you’re trying to say, or just let it go. It’s like you’re on drugs or something. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂
Your comment just overdozed me. What Championship standard is this solid program held under, every year, eight years, 10 years, 15 years, etc...?

Your comment just overdozed me. What Championship standard is this solid program held under, every year, eight years, 10 years, 15 years, etc...?
Give me your contact information. I’ll set you up with an interview. It’s a pretty ignorant question to be asking on a high school football board.

Give me your contact information. I’ll set you up with an interview. It’s a pretty ignorant question to be asking on a high school football board.
I'd like to stop you right now from launching into your complete ignorance and negativity you normally create when things become heated in an effort to stifle honesty. The argument has been stated, but no mention is made of the fact that eight years have passed without a significant victory. Everyone has a responsibility to set standards for themselves and their organization. Setting standards helps an organization function at its best. Everything is in the mind. Changing the current situation is essential for success. Never ever compromise after a minimum standard has been established. The bottom line is that a leader's abilities are demonstrated by the standards they establish for both the team and themselves. Now that we have covered standards, what Championship standard is this solid program held under, every year, eight years, 10 years, 15 years, etc...?

I'd like to stop you right now from launching into your complete ignorance and negativity you normally create when things become heated in an effort to stifle honesty. The argument has been stated, but no mention is made of the fact that eight years have passed without a significant victory. Everyone has a responsibility to set standards for themselves and their organization. Setting standards helps an organization function at its best. Everything is in the mind. Changing the current situation is essential for success. Never ever compromise after a minimum standard has been established. The bottom line is that a leader's abilities are demonstrated by the standards they establish for both the team and themselves. Now that we have covered standards, what Championship standard is this solid program held under, every year, eight years, 10 years, 15 years, etc...?
Ok, now I know who this is. I thought my post would draw you out. At least you’re consistent. Every year around this time, you show up with the lunatic post saying we, as though you’re on some kind of committee or something that speak for a group of people. It’s just you! 🤷🏾‍♂️😂 How many people will you be this season? You freaking moron!

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
Ok, now I know who this is. I thought my post would draw you out. At least you’re consistent. Every year around this time, you show up with the lunatic post saying we, as though you’re on some kind of committee or something that speak for a group of people. It’s just you! 🤷🏾‍♂️😂 How many people will you be this season? You freaking moron!
Swett2Victory is BAAAAAAAACK

• Haha
Reactions: btango
I tried to answer his question intelligently but didn’t realize it was a troll.

Catholic will struggle in 4A to match the success they had in 3A. They will be begging to move back down next realignment. Since being in 4A first round exit, and a 2nd round exit. Not a factor for the ship.
And the anti private schools playing in the public school leagues love it so.

• Haha
Reactions: 87SwO
We won a 4A title and played for another one. You’re from SWO you know very little about us and that’s ok.
You won a little 4A title in a weak year for the state. With no split CC won't sniff a 4A ship and will be begging to go back down next realignment.

Parochial schools should not be allowed to play with public schools. Its entitlement at its finest. Its an issue across the country. The Parochial schools are football factories with an emphasis on sports. They disproportionately win state titles across all sports. Its not fair to the public schools that have to compete with them with general student bodies and geographic boundaries. Some folks are afraid to say anything about the unfairness, but I'm not. From Mater Dai, St, Thomas Aquinas, St. JOhn Bosco, St. Frances, Bishop Gorman, St. Joes, st. Edward. Chaminade mAdona, list goes on and on. 12 of the preseason top 25 are parochial private schools. Almost half of the top 100 are private Parochial schools with the majority competing against public schools.

Remember the super dominate run Indy had? Was ended by a private Parochial school Elder. That same Elder team couldn't even win their conference.

2021 in FL the HS football capital 5 of the 8 state champs were private parochial schools.
2022 in CA 3 of 8 won by private catholic schools competing vs public schools.
2022 in OH 2 of 7 private catholic high schools won state ship
In PA St. Josephs prep, Pittsburg Cental Catholic and Archbishop Wood have dominated the majority of the state titles.

In NC Cardinal Gibbons, Bishop McGuiness and Charlotte Catholic have won more combined state championships than the entire state combined the last 25 years. Guess that's just an anomaly? Nearly 250 state ships by 3 schools in less than 25 years. Let that sink in. Guess that's fair to the public schools they compete with?

You won a little 4A title in a weak year for the state. With no split CC won't sniff a 4A ship and will be begging to go back down next realignment.

Parochial schools should not be allowed to play with public schools. Its entitlement at its finest. Its an issue across the country. The Parochial schools are football factories with an emphasis on sports. They disproportionately win state titles across all sports. Its not fair to the public schools that have to compete with them with general student bodies and geographic boundaries. Some folks are afraid to say anything about the unfairness, but I'm not. From Mater Dai, St, Thomas Aquinas, St. JOhn Bosco, St. Frances, Bishop Gorman, St. Joes, st. Edward. Chaminade mAdona, list goes on and on. 12 of the preseason top 25 are parochial private schools. Almost half of the top 100 are private Parochial schools with the majority competing against public schools.

Remember the super dominate run Indy had? Was ended by a private Parochial school Elder. That same Elder team couldn't even win their conference.

2021 in FL the HS football capital 5 of the 8 state champs were private parochial schools.
In PA St. Josephs prep, Pittsburg Cental Catholic and Archbishop Wood have dominated the majority of the state titles.

In NC Cardinal Gibbons, Bishop McGuiness and Charlotte Catholic have won more combined state championships than the entire state combined the last 25 years. Guess that's just an anomaly? Nearly 250 state ships by 3 schools in less than 25 years. Let that sink in. Guess that's fair to the public schools they compete with?
No one cares and our main mission is growing our students Catholic faith. You don’t know anything about how we operate or what we do. You think you do because you’ve “been around” seen numbers and heard stories and maybe know some people, but in reality you know jack about how we operate as a school.
Nice dissertation though. Very cute.

Reactions: New3ra
No one cares and our main mission is growing our students Catholic faith. You don’t know anything about how we operate or what we do. You think you do because you’ve “been around” seen numbers and heard stories and maybe know some people, but in reality you know jack about how we operate as a school.
You notice how you didn't post any facts or dispute the info that was presented. Its FACTUAL. Your mission is the benefit of Charlotte Catholic no matter how it effects others and no natter how unfair it may be. Controlled admissions, and no geographic border are just too much for a public school to overcome.

-There are many that feel the way I do. Just as the prior vote showed. If not for the abstainers and The Parochial schools politicking to stay they would have easily been voted out of the NCHSAA. But the parochial schools have a great lobbyist system in NC. My aim is to bring more knowledge to the issue.

In 1A/2A! 😂 very cute. Back to the 2A board little guy, you can argue with the Shelby fans about which title from 20 years ago was better.

Lol with homegrown talent. Not this recruiting the entire state like CC church boys do. Come to the Catholic church and you an play for CC. The craziest thing is y'all are proud of it lol

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Lol with homegrown talent. Not this recruiting the entire state like CC church boys do. Come to the Catholic church and you an play for CC. The craziest thing is y'all are proud of it lol
That's what's so sad. They are proud to milk the system. Then when they play other privates/ Parochial schools they get beat. They have a 25 mile radius and 6 county border to pull athletes from. They should win. He wont explain how 3 schools have nearly 250 ships in less than 25 years.

Let public schools have 25 miles, and 6 county borders with controlled admissions and see how the tide changes. They are playing by two very different set of rules.

Reactions: 87SwO

Honest question because I really don't know but do the other privates in other states have the same rules as NC for privates in the NCHSAA? Like in NC no recruiting, no boarding and I think no scholarships to attend the school. I have seen this argument many times but if I remember correctly Charlotte Catholic has had less than 10 transfers in 15+ years that played football that didn't play for their middle school. Of those less than 10, I am pretty sure that almost all came from other Catholic schools in other states when they moved to the Charlotte area. I have talked to many coaches and they don't have a problem with them,but definitely prefer them playing up a division. If coaches really had a problem with them, a simple vote through the NCHSAA is all it takes. No political lobbying could stop that vote.

Bigdadd tell them how you really feel about the parochial private schools lol. Not piling on CC or parochial schools in general but Bigdadd did drop a lot of facts in this post. The private parochial schools are dominating high school sports NATIONALLY when competing against their fellow public schools overall. The advantage of extra resources for athletics and athletic training over public schools in most cases are huge.

Bigdadd dropped some facts. It’s not my hill to die on because I enjoyed them joining the conference. It creates different matchups we typically don’t get. Prior to them joining Butler/Catholic hadn’t played in 20 years. I was more annoyed at how Catholic’s parents reacted to the banner incident than Catholic playing public schools.

Bigdadd dropped some facts. It’s not my hill to die on because I enjoyed them joining the conference. It creates different matchups we typically don’t get. Prior to them joining Butler/Catholic hadn’t played in 20 years. I was more annoyed at how Catholic’s parents reacted to the banner incident than Catholic playing public schools.
Dropped a few numbers and compared us to Aquinas, Elder and others which is laughable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT