ADVERTISEMENT

Chambers football

Again you are getting off topic. The privates/Parochials dominate in every state not just NC. Don't make it so personal with CC. Its a nationwide issue. Instead of deflecting just listen and analyze what I'm saying. We wouldn't reasonably expect a public high school to compete with a private high school in the science Olympiad nor college readiness rates, but then we expect them to be able to compete athletically? The numbers are skewed in favor of charter/parochial schools winning state championships at an alarming rate.

Simply moving them up a class doesn't seem to solve the issue. Again not personal just look at the info provided and provide solutions. My solution is to remove them from playoff competition but allow regular season matchups.
Agreed 100%.....Regular season OK, Playoffs NO.......

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Again you are getting off topic. The privates/Parochials dominate in every state not just NC. Don't make it so personal with CC. Its a nationwide issue. Instead of deflecting just listen and analyze what I'm saying. We wouldn't reasonably expect a public high school to compete with a private high school in the science Olympiad nor college readiness rates, but then we expect them to be able to compete athletically? The numbers are skewed in favor of charter/parochial schools winning state championships at an alarming rate.

Simply moving them up a class doesn't seem to solve the issue. Again not personal just look at the info provided and provide solutions. My solution is to remove them from playoff competition but allow regular season matchups.
Two things: why would I make it personal with CC? I have no connection with CC and never had a student at CC. Heck, I'm not even Catholic. Okay, we have that out of the way. Second. I didn't bring up the low income and safety issues with public schools. You brought that up.

No, I agree with you. It is nationwide regarding privates/parochials playing with publics and winning championships. I went to school in Louisville, KY in the 80s and it was the same then with Trinity and St. Xavier.

Apparently, as a whole then, it must not be too big of an issue. Nothing is ever done about it apparently in any state.

Two things: why would I make it personal with CC? I have no connection with CC and never had a student at CC. Heck, I'm not even Catholic. Okay, we have that out of the way. Second. I didn't bring up the low income and safety issues with public schools. You brought that up.

No, I agree with you. It is nationwide regarding privates/parochials playing with publics and winning championships. I went to school in Louisville, KY in the 80s and it was the same then with Trinity and St. Xavier.

Apparently, as a whole then, it must not be too big of an issue. Nothing is ever done about it apparently in any state.
Its an issue that folks are afraid to talk about because of the history and power of the Catholic church. They have a lot of lobbyist that push for them to remain in public leagues. There's are history of cover ups and trying to get people to be silent there.

-The income example was not to get into haves/have nots but to show that CC/CG/Parochial are more like Mater Dai, St, Thomas Aquinas than they are the typical public HS. Allowing them to compete in public school leagues is simply entitlement at its finest. Its a church based faith.

-When I say don't take it personal; meaning look at the facts. This is simply not some minor anomaly. They want to go all around the world, but wont look at the facts and explain the competitive inbalance.

2021 in FL the HS football capital 5 of the 8 state champs were private parochial schools.
2022 in CA 3 of 8 won by private catholic schools competing vs public schools.
2022 in OH 2 of 7 private catholic high schools won state ship
In PA St. Josephs prep, Pittsburg Cental Catholic and Archbishop Wood have dominated the majority of the state titles.

In NC Cardinal Gibbons, Bishop McGuiness and Charlotte Catholic have won more combined state championships than the entire state combined the last 25 years. Guess that's just an anomaly? Nearly 250 state ships by 3 schools in less than 25 years. Let that sink in. Guess that's fair to the public schools they compete with?

Establishment clause (separation of church and state). If only a certain religion/faith can attend and not the general public then they shouldn't be able to reap the benefits of competing with public schools. Then be able to do it with no geographic border is insane.

Its an issue that folks are afraid to talk about because of the history and power of the Catholic church. They have a lot of lobbyist that push for them to remain in public leagues. There's are history of cover ups and trying to get people to be silent there.

-The income example was not to get into haves/have nots but to show that CC/CG/Parochial are more like Mater Dai, St, Thomas Aquinas than they are the typical public HS. Allowing them to compete in public school leagues is simply entitlement at its finest. Its a church based faith.

-When I say don't take it personal; meaning look at the facts. This is simply not some minor anomaly. They want to go all around the world, but wont look at the facts and explain the competitive inbalance.

2021 in FL the HS football capital 5 of the 8 state champs were private parochial schools.
In PA St. Josephs prep, Pittsburg Cental Catholic and Archbishop Wood have dominated the majority of the state titles.

In NC Cardinal Gibbons, Bishop McGuiness and Charlotte Catholic have won more combined state championships than the entire state combined the last 25 years. Guess that's just an anomaly? Nearly 250 state ships by 3 schools in less than 25 years. Let that sink in. Guess that's fair to the public schools they compete with?

Establishment clause (separation of church and state). If only a certain religion/faith can attend and not the general public then they shouldn't be able to reap the benefits of competing with public schools. Then be able to do it with no geographic border is insane.
Isn't there a history of cover-ups in your area, and people are reluctant to talk about it. Given your program(s) situation, you have a history of culturally pointing fingers excessively.

I have always thought membership in the Catholic Church for at least two years before the student participated in sports should be a requirement. I don’t think that would cause an issue with Charlotte Catholic. I do think it would for Bishop and somewhat possibly for CG. Bishop girls basketball era of dominance being an example. Reason for thinking this with CG is Raleigh area does not have the powerhouse private school programs that we see in Charlotte. I think this is a reason CG continues to be very strong after moving up to 4A while Catholic’s dominance has dropped off a bit.

So along with this, you have open enrollment among publics. The state of Florida, for example, has open enrollment across the whole state for football. You have kids moving into school districts to play for championship programs at public schools. This is also a nationwide problem. Here in NC, you have open enrollment in the Triad area. I hate to bring it up again, but the problem you mentioned about income and safety are legitimate concerns that also affect competitive balance. But school systems don't want to do anything about that except to throw money at the problem. Guess what? More money isn't solving it. But personally, I'd rather see private vs private. For me, it makes for more more fun and interesting games. There's more of a family feel at the games than at many of the public school games, where school districts seem to constantly change. A few years ago, Catholic hosted Gonzaga from Washington D.C.. I went to that game and really enjoyed it.

Isn't there a history of cover-ups in your area, and people are reluctant to talk about it. Given your program(s) situation, you have a history of culturally pointing fingers excessively.
Haven't pointed any fingers just brought up a concern of many. Again most of the issues CMS schools have had are over residency. Not sure I've seen many non-residency issues. Which again makes my point even stronger. The Parochial/ Charter schools have no residency issues as they have a 6 county geographic border, and 25 mile radius. So unless you are from VA, or deep SC, you can easily attend a charter/parochial with no problem. Then they often waive the one year sit out rule. They wont mention that, but its been waved for athletes previously transferring into Charlotte Catholic. Again nothing cultural just stating facts. They are a church based faith playing in a public league.

So along with this, you have open enrollment among publics. The state of Florida, for example, has open enrollment across the whole state for football. You have kids moving into school districts to play for championship programs at public schools. This is also a nationwide problem. Here in NC, you have open enrollment in the Triad area. I hate to bring it up again, but the problem you mentioned about income and safety are legitimate concerns that also affect competitive balance. But school systems don't want to do anything about that except to throw money at the problem. Guess what? More money isn't solving it. But personally, I'd rather see private vs private. For me, it makes for more more fun and interesting games. There's more of a family feel at the games than at many of the public school games, where school districts seem to constantly change. A few years ago, Catholic hosted Gonzaga from Washington D.C.. I went to that game and really enjoyed it.
Man stop it with open enrollment. Open enrollment is based on the school you would like having space. Most do not have the space to accept new students so you have to have a residency change to get to the school. Most top notch High Schools have been full or overflowing for years. Parochial/Charter/prvate dont have this issue as they can control enrollment. They can sya who gets in and who doesn't. They have FULL knowledge of the child requesting admission and can deny admission. Publics cant. Its a reason the majority of CC students play sports.......

Even in CMS with open enrollment or school choice if you go from a magnet to another magnet you must sit 365. You have to declare a sports school in the 9th grade, any other school besides your home school you sit 365. CC has often waived its 365 sit out rule for those transferring into CC.

Haven't pointed any fingers just brought up a concern of many. Again most of the issues CMS schools have had are over residency. Not sure I've seen many non-residency issues. Which again makes my point even stronger. The Parochial/ Charter schools have no residency issues as they have a 6 county geographic border, and 25 mile radius. So unless you are from VA, or deep SC, you can easily attend a charter/parochial with no problem. Then they often waive the one year sit out rule. They wont mention that, but its been waved for athletes previously transferring into Charlotte Catholic. Again nothing cultural just stating facts. They are a church based faith playing in a public league.
So Marquez North was fair game from Lumberton High school to Mallard Creek?

He started off at Alexander Graham Middle School in Charlotte. Moved to Lumberton with his Mother in the 7th grade. Family decided for him to move back to Charlotte with his Father Remondo North, who lived in Mallard Creed district in the 11th grade. It was a family decision. Mallard Creek knew nothing about him, until he arrived. YOU'RE WELCOME!

Yeah, his dad is a good friend Ramondo North. Marquez played in Charlotte Youth leagues since he was a child. Many wanted him to go to West Charlotte when he came back, but he went to Mallard Creek where his father lives. Mallard Creek was his home school. As Nepsy mentioned. He left a fast child, and came back a man child.

Folks this may surprise many but Charlotte is a top 15 city population wise. You'd be surprised at the number of students with parents/family along the HWY 74 corridor from Charlotte to Fayetteville. Tons of former Union, Cumberland county, Scotland county, and Richmond County families that live in Charlotte or have dual residences/families in both counties.

Hell there's a Fayetteville /Charlotte youth football team that practices in Rockhingham that's nationally ranked. PTSG. Chambers had a Richmond County guy that had family in Charlotte. Unlike private schools if a player presents valid residency documentation they can attend. You know how many Charlotte families along hwy 49 go to Harrisburg schools? Residency for academics is much more of an issue than sports IMHO.

He started off at Alexander Graham Middle School in Charlotte. Moved to Lumberton with his Mother in the 7th grade. Family decided for him to move back to Charlotte with his Father Remondo North, who lived in Mallard Creed district in the 11th grade. It was a family decision. Mallard Creek knew nothing about him, until he arrived. YOU'RE WELCOME!
You sound angry Bud

Yeah, his dad is a good friend Ramondo North. Marquez played in Charlotte Youth leagues since he was a child. Many wanted him to go to West Charlotte when he came back, but he went to Mallard Creek where his father lives. Mallard Creek was his home school. As Nepsy mentioned. He left a fast child, and came back a man child.

Folks this may surprise many but Charlotte is a top 15 city population wise. You'd be surprised at the number of students with parents/family along the HWY 74 corridor from Charlotte to Fayetteville. Tons of former Union, Cumberland county, Scotland county, and Richmond County families that live in Charlotte or have dual residences/families in both counties.

Hell there's a Fayetteville /Charlotte youth football team that practices in Rockhingham that's nationally ranked. PTSG. Chambers had a Richmond County guy that had family in Charlotte. Unlike private schools if a player presents valid residency documentation they can attend. You know how many Charlotte families along hwy 49 go to Harrisburg schools? Residency for academics is much more of an issue than sports IMHO.
Hmmmmm Interesting. From Lumberton High School, to a summer Charlotte camp through LHS. Suddenly and Magically he's MC dressed. David Blaine must have made that happened.

Being a member of the Catholic Church would limit the potential athlete pool but as I wrote I do not think that would be much of an issue for Charlotte Catholic. A lot of strong sports programs in the private schools in the nearby area.

Charlotte Catholic did not waive the sitout rule until the NCHSAA removed it for true non residency move transfers. Student athletes moving from out of state that attended a Catholic school were not put on the 365 day exemption which they should not have been.

About a dozen years ago a Catholic footballer left the school for Myers Park for a school year. I think it may have been for financial reasons. When he came back the school required him to sit for a year. I did not think he should have been put on the 365 day sports exemption because he had attended the local Catholic system since kindergarten. The school did not budge nor did they request a review by the NCHSAA.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
Ramondo North's father played at wideout at West Charlotte in the mid 1990's. He was a multi sport athlete and state champion high jumper.

Anyone that has been around Charlotte high school football/sports was not suprised to see Marquez come back to Charlotte. The suprise for many was it did not happen sooner.

Answering to what was not directed at you.
You're angry easily. Maybe you should try staying in your lane 😢

Answering to what was not directed at you.
You're angry easily. Maybe you should try staying in your lane 😢
You inquired about North and I answered. I happen to speak with him, weekly. You attempted to create a false narrative, that does not exist. Now you’re trying to flip it. My lane is huge. 🤷🏾‍♂️

You inquired about North and I answered. I happen to speak with him, weekly. You attempted to create a false narrative, that does not exist. Now you’re trying to flip it. My lane is huge. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Your fault you answered. So angry Geeez.

Your fault you answered. So angry Geeez.
Ok! I’m not angry, and under no circumstances have I ever been the victim. We can go out and have a beer 🍺 and wings. I’m a little rough around the edges, but I’m pretty consistent when it comes to laughter. 😂

Hmmmmm Interesting. From Lumberton High School, to a summer Charlotte camp through LHS. Suddenly and Magically he's MC dressed. David Blaine must have made that happened.
He's from Charlotte. Dad is a Charlotte HS legend. Not sure why him playing at a Charlotte HS is alarming. MOst young men in dual parent homes gravitate towards their fathers as they get older especially ones that play sports or had a father that plays the same sport.

He's from Charlotte. Dad is a Charlotte HS legend. Not sure why him playing at a Charlotte HS is alarming. MOst young men in dual parent homes gravitate towards their fathers as they get older especially ones that play sports or had a father that plays the same sport.
🤣😂🤣😂😅 I'm a Sales Professional too

Being a member of the Catholic Church would limit the potential athlete pool but as I wrote I do not think that would be much of an issue for Charlotte Catholic. A lot of strong sports programs in the private schools in the nearby area.

Charlotte Catholic did not waive the sitout rule until the NCHSAA removed it for true non residency move transfers. Student athletes moving from out of state that attended a Catholic school were not put on the 365 day exemption which they should not have been.

About a dozen years ago a Catholic footballer left the school for Myers Park for a school year. I think it may have been for financial reasons. When he came back the school required him to sit for a year. I did not think he should have been put on the 365 day sports exemption because he had attended the local Catholic system since kindergarten. The school did not budge nor did they request a review by the NCHSAA.
Btango, they allowed it even last year. You cant brag or promote a 365 sit out for transfers when it doesn't actually happen in most cases. Remember CMS guys sit out when transferring non magnet to magnet, or magnet to magnet. CC waived the sit out rule to have guys immediately eligible just last year. Whereas had that same student went to another CMS w/o a residency change he would have been ineligible. Again another advantage CC has over a public HS.

The member of Catholic Church is a very, very large pool when you consider they only have one football dominate HS in Mecklenburg county with choice admissions. Then add in they dont have to live 2.5 miles within the school and BOOM you can easily build a monster.

The player mentioned 12 years ago should have sat out or stayed at MP where he would have been eligible. It was his choice to transfer, so sitting out was the right thing. Just like the numerous CMS athletes that had to sit out with magnet to magnet, or home school to magnet transfers. They couldn't budge it was the rule at the time.

LOL, you must have a personal vendetta against North. IIRC Mallard Creek was already loaded with Harbison, and Jela Duncan. They didn't even win a ship with North.
Dude, my boy North was such a pretty boy. During that era I was an Army Recruiter and Lumberton was one of my schools. The name "North" was all over the county and I had to meet him. When I did, I said "This is you North? You look like a dude straight out of GQ Magazine". North laughed 🤣.

MC didnt need North since in 2010 they went 13-1 and with North MC also went 13-1. It was during the summer camp which Lumberton High School sent North to Charlotte to attend a camp which where someone whispered in his ears.

Ok so I get the dad part, but I dont care if Norths cat, dog or pet snake matured in Charlotte, North was encouraged by the West to come over. I know the whole story so dont splash the dad sales pitch to a Sales Professional 🤣😅😂🤣🤣😅

• Haha
Reactions: 87SwO
Dude, my boy North was such a pretty boy. During that era I was an Army Recruiter and Lumberton was one of my schools. The name "North" was all over the county and I had to meet him. When I did, I said "This is you North? You look like a dude straight out of GQ Magazine". North laughed 🤣.

MC didnt need North since in 2010 they went 13-1 and with North MC also went 13-1. It was during the summer camp which Lumberton High School sent North to Charlotte to attend a camp which where someone whispered in his ears.

Ok so I get the dad part, but I dont care if Norths cat, dog or pet snake matured in Charlotte, North was encouraged by the West to come over. I know the whole story so dont splash the dad sales pitch to a Sales Professional 🤣😅😂🤣🤣😅
Why would anyone choose to live in Lumberton if they had another option?

Why would anyone choose to live in Lumberton if they had another option?
This is going from a DAD Sales pitch to a GEOGRAPHICAL agenda, but still have not answered me if this was Fair Game since it's outside the surrounding 6 counties....or is it 8? 🤣 😅

Stop being selsey. People dont like to be sold. People want people to be genuine. 🤣

Facts tell
Stories Sell
:p

Hey Quez! You wanna stay In Lumberton and play Wild Cat QB, where you’re playing out of position for a program that is clueless on how it works. Or a program that’s 4 years old that’s developing Studs, where your Father lives in the area? That’s a no brainer, not a sales pitch. There are parents who happen to know how to get the best opportunities for their kids who are elite athletes..

FYI! The sales pitch for an Army recruiter is drastically different from sharing information with a Dad who was an elite player, who has a son who is elite academically and athletically. You guys tell some whoppers. That’s probably why you’re fixated on the BS you’re trying to sell. 😂😂😂 Carry on! 👍🏾

Hey Quez! You wanna stay In Lumberton and play Wild Cat QB, where you’re playing out of position for a program that is clueless on how it works. Or a program that’s 4 years old that’s developing Studs, where your Father lives in the area? That’s a no brainer, not a sales pitch. There are parents who happen to know how to get the best opportunities for their kids who are elite athletes..

FYI! The sales pitch for an Army recruiter is drastically different from sharing information with a Dad who was an elite player, who has a son who is elite academically and athletically. You guys tell some whoppers. That’s probably why you’re fixated on the BS you’re trying to sell. 😂😂😂 Carry on! 👍🏾
Outstanding talk!
But you forgot to ask "Hey Quez why are you in Lumberton in the first place if the hype is all over Charlotte. Was there there any reason for this decision to live in Lumberton Quez? Please tell me the truth Quez"

Reactions: 87SwO
Outstanding talk!
But you forgot to ask "Hey Quez why are you in Lumberton in the first place if the hype is all over Charlotte. Was there there any reason for this decision to live in Lumberton Quez? Please tell me the truth Quez"
I tell you what! I’m going to call him and ask him, and get back with you. 👍🏾 I have a California zoom call. Check back in the AM.

Dang. Took a bit of a vacation from the site and thought I would catch up on what was going on across the state in high school football as the season is almost on us. Checked in on the Chambers thread and saw that it had been commandeered by bigdadd to rehash his "why I hate parochial schools in general and Charlotte Catholic specifically." Had to check the dates as I thought I was reading reruns from 2022. The boy needs a new topic or some new material. Everything I am reading looks like cut and paste action from his prior year activity.

Outstanding talk!
His mother relocated to Lumberton where she's from, to be around family. Dad decided to move him back to Charlotte for sports, because he didn't like the way Lumberton was using his son. He was 70% of the offense. That's directly from Remondo North (DAD)

His mother relocated to Lumberton where she's from, to be around family. Dad decided to move him back to Charlotte for sports, because he didn't like the way Lumberton was using his son. He was 70% of the offense. That's directly from Remondo North (DAD)
You just took the Mallard Creek Organization out of the picture completely and used DAD as the decoy trying to lure me from the intended course. I LOVE that ❤️

LOL, you must have a personal vendetta against North. IIRC Mallard Creek was already loaded with Harbison, and Jela Duncan. They didn't even win a ship with North.
Curious how the Mallard Creek Organization would have had anything to do with it. Did they kidnap him? Force him to wear a helmet with a horse on it?
🛑STOP Switching Screenames on me. I'm dizzy. Geeezzz🤣

🛑STOP Switching Screenames on me. I'm dizzy. Geeezzz🤣
You started off by putting out a false narrative. You were called out, then I gave factual information from the North Family, that you really didn't want. Now you're squirming like a Little BBBBBBBBB and putting out more delusional ridiculous Shiggady. It's a High School Football forum, not your personal trolling site. We can get you signed up for Woman's Day orientation to get you up to speed. DAMN! You don't know shit about football, so you say stupid stuff to get a response. Grow up Clown!

Last edited:
You started off by putting out a false narrative. You were called out, then I gave factual information from the North Family, that you really didn't want. Now you're squirming like a Little BBBBBBBBB and putting out more delusional ridiculous Shiggady. It's a High School Football forum, not your personal trolling site. We can get you signed up for Women's Day orientation to get you up to speed. DAMN! You don't know shit about football, so you say stupid stuff to get a response. Grow up Clown!
Two points for the word "Shiggady." Have never seen or heard that one before but will use it going forward to help clean up my language. Thanks. One point for the piñata action on Swett.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
In defense of Olympic, Palisades took a nice part of their team when they opened up. Independence is a better team I think Olympic is a better team than what they showed in that game. I think they will be solid.

Catholic intrigues me this year, curious to see how they do.

Indy was really good last year so I want to see how they build on this because they’re not shocking anyone this season. Teams will “get up” for Indy and which hasn’t happened in over a decade.

Butler is Butler.

The north is still stout, hopefully power shifts to the south again
🙏

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT