ADVERTISEMENT

Kanye Roberts commits to App. state

Quit worrying about sports at UNC, or anywhere else, in 2014. A few months in a coma will change your perspective and your priorities. But, at App games, I have no lifelong vested interest.
Boone is a wonderful place. But I do think the weather can affect a young person away from home and with the usual stresses of college life. I may be all wet on that, but seems reasonable to me.
I've had some experiences. Took a full load of #1 buckshot through my left leg and went into surgery to have it amputated above the knee. I made some serious promises to the Good Lord and woke up with both legs. So I'm fortunate. Still keeping that promise too. Also I leave tomorrow morning for Arkansas my Uncle died from covid complications. He caught Covid in late Janurary and was put in the hospital in early Feb and put on a ventilator. Stayed on a Vent for over 300 days. He died Monday night. You are right sports don't matter but your other post made it sound like you took it more serious.

I've had some experiences. Took a full load of #1 buckshot through my left leg and went into surgery to have it amputated above the knee. I made some serious promises to the Good Lord and woke up with both legs. So I'm fortunate. Still keeping that promise too. Also I leave tomorrow morning for Arkansas my Uncle died from covid complications. He caught Covid in late Janurary and was put in the hospital in early Feb and put on a ventilator. Stayed on a Vent for over 300 days. He died Monday night. You are right sports don't matter but your other post made it sound like you took it more serious.
Prayers for you, Otis.

Reactions: dogs79
Best wishes to Kanye! Nothing wrong with playing football at App State. They win! A friend of mine who is a Wake Forest alum told me once, any serious football fan shiuld have going to a App State home football game on their bucket list.

Reactions: dogs79
Best wishes to Kanye! Nothing wrong with playing football at App State. They win! A friend of mine who is a Wake Forest alum told me once, any serious football fan shiuld have going to a App State home football game on their bucket list.
I agree. It should be a bucket list item. The plus is that you can eat at the Daniel Boone Inn while you are there!

Congratulations to Kanye on App State signing. I got my Masters there and love the place. But I also LOVE Lenoir Rhyne University. Wish these D2 schools got more attention. Lenoir Rhyne's Kyle Dugger, New England Patriots Free Safety, proved you do not have to go to "the big school" to get attention.

Dugger had no offer at all coming out of high school, except LR. How many other great players get missed, over looked, because they did not develop until their senior year, did not have the money to go to camps, etc.

Great educations and playing time are available at the LR's, Catwaba's, Barton's, WS State, Newberry's, Mars Hill's etc. And the pro scouts show up regularly at the D2 camps. Dugger's senior year, there were scouts (that is plural) at every LR game.

Can you imagine how many are at the App State Games? Sometimes I think we under sell the opportunities that D2 schools as well as NONE ACC/SEC schools offer great players.

Congratulations to Kanye on App State signing. I got my Masters there and love the place. But I also LOVE Lenoir Rhyne University. Wish these D2 schools got more attention. Lenoir Rhyne's Kyle Dugger, New England Patriots Free Safety, proved you do not have to go to "the big school" to get attention.

Dugger had no offer at all coming out of high school, except LR. How many other great players get missed, over looked, because they did not develop until their senior year, did not have the money to go to camps, etc.

Great educations and playing time are available at the LR's, Catwaba's, Barton's, WS State, Newberry's, Mars Hill's etc. And the pro scouts show up regularly at the D2 camps. Dugger's senior year, there were scouts (that is plural) at every LR game.

Can you imagine how many are at the App State Games? Sometimes I think we under sell the opportunities that D2 schools as well as NONE ACC/SEC schools offer great players.
Just like Parsons at LR heck of an athlete. I put Appalachian State ahead of Duke and some other acc schools for football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT