ADVERTISEMENT

Kanye Roberts commits to App. state

Huge pick up for App st. Boone is a great city and football town. He will take a year to get his feet wet, then watch out. I believe he will be up there with William's number wise and stays healthy can make a case at the league. Huge props to WRH community for raising two great men as well. Standouts on and off the field

Huge pick up for App st. Boone is a great city and football town. He will take a year to get his feet wet, then watch out. I believe he will be up there with William's number wise and stays healthy can make a case at the league. Huge props to WRH community for raising two great men as well. Standouts on and off the field
Let's not forget that Cameron Dalrymple is playing at the Naval Academy. So there are 3 great young men out there!!! Dalrymple was a back up to Williams his Sophomore year and his defensive replacement on the 17 team. Roberts played 2 seasons with Dalrymple and they had similar rushing numbers. Dalrymple graduates and the team belongs to Kanye. 3 in a row. FARRIOR COULD PLAY SOMEWHERE.

Let's not forget that Cameron Dalrymple is playing at the Naval Academy. So there are 3 great young men out there!!! Dalrymple was a back up to Williams his Sophomore year and his defensive replacement on the 17 team. Roberts played 2 seasons with Dalrymple and they had similar rushing numbers. Dalrymple graduates and the team belongs to Kanye. 3 in a row. FARRIOR COULD PLAY SOMEWHERE.

How's he doing this year? Any burn ? What position is he playing at Naval Academy?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
How's he doing this year? Any burn ? What position is he playing at Naval Academy?
He was moved to Defensive back because one of their players was injured. So he is probably a back up trying to get caught up at the safety spot. But he is only a freshman, because he was at their prep school last year.

Dont forget JJ over at Fsu and Nick Dobson at NC A&T.

App is known for using multiple running backs. Peoples will be back and Noel has two more years. But he should get some playing time and have a chance to do well by his sophomore year. Hope App brings in some top notch receivers. Their three best are seniors.

You definitely haven't been watching App State. They have a redshirt freshman and 2 sophomore receivers that are lights out. Wouldn't be surprised if People's left after this year.

You definitely haven't been watching App State. They have a redshirt freshman and 2 sophomore receivers that are lights out. Wouldn't be surprised if People's left after this year.
I was talking about Hennigan, Sutton and Williams. All are shown as seniors on the roster. Are there others you consider better?
Don’t necessarily disagree about Peoples, but hope I’m wrong. And yes, I’ve watched all their games, four in person.

Christian Wells, Christian Horn, Milan Tucker. Remember those names next year.
Glad to hear it. #5 may be my favorite App player all time. Hard to replace. Clutch even though everybody in the stadium is looking at him. He’s made #2 and #14 much better.

App State got a steal. I dont know if/how they do this in Wallace/Teachey, but in alot of places coaches have a list of camps the kids can attend(to improve skills or get exposure) and they either post it on the wall, or give them printouts(or email). I noticed this was done alot in Texas.

I know players were recovering from back to back life challenges.... if they don't have money, some people in community could raise enough to send them to a good camp or two. Either a sponsored camp or one held by the school they want to attend. It raises their exposure alot.

Ironic in a way App State and Carolina are fortunate for these guys lack of exposure. I'm sure if he some how got a local 'scholarship' to go to a camp in Clemson or State, he would have been offered earlier. That said, everything happens for a reason.

App State got a steal. I dont know if/how they do this in Wallace/Teachey, but in alot of places coaches have a list of camps the kids can attend(to improve skills or get exposure) and they either post it on the wall, or give them printouts(or email). I noticed this was done alot in Texas.

I know players were recovering from back to back life challenges.... if they don't have money, some people in community could raise enough to send them to a good camp or two. Either a sponsored camp or one held by the school they want to attend. It raises their exposure alot.

Ironic in a way App State and Carolina are fortunate for these guys lack of exposure. I'm sure if he some how got a local 'scholarship' to go to a camp in Clemson or State, he would have been offered earlier. That said, everything happens for a reason.
I've expressed my dissatisfaction on States premium board. I could understand someone saying we had better commits but dang we are talking about the leading rusher in the nation by max preps. We have a commitment from Galloway in SC that has been charged with sexual assault on a minor between the age of 11-14 years old. They are waiting on this to be "settled". Why wait on a kid that makes such poor choices. Say the girl was 14, why?? When I was 18 I had a buddy messing with a girl that was 14 and he was 18. I felt it was wrong back then and told him so. Now I'm 8 yrs older than my wife but she was 21 when we started dating. I was nearly 30 and starting to get desperate!! Not many dad's wanted my wild ass around their daughters!

I've expressed my dissatisfaction on States premium board. I could understand someone saying we had better commits but dang we are talking about the leading rusher in the nation by max preps. We have a commitment from Galloway in SC that has been charged with sexual assault on a minor between the age of 11-14 years old. They are waiting on this to be "settled". Why wait on a kid that makes such poor choices. Say the girl was 14, why?? When I was 18 I had a buddy messing with a girl that was 14 and he was 18. I felt it was wrong back then and told him so. Now I'm 8 yrs older than my wife but she was 21 when we started dating. I was nearly 30 and starting to get desperate!! Not many dad's wanted my wild ass around their daughters!
Sounds like Patricia had a job taming you

Also have to factor in the transfer portal. Alot of schools and recruiting departments are treating it like free agency in NFL.

It's much easier to judge a player based on film against D1 competition whether it be SEC, PAC 10, ACC, or MAC, MEAC etc.

Its harder to judge high school talent against 4A competition much less 2A competition. They dont know how that will translate to the collegiate level compared to a guy transferring from Kentucky.

Some schools will let another school put in the development work on a kid out of high school and pick him up after he's adjusted to the college game.

Kanye signed this morning with App. St. I would have hated to pull for NC State, but I would have like I did with Nate Irving
App is a nice college and area to be at. My oldest went there and graduated. My youngest went but could take being away from Mom and dad. I never went to game there. Maybe we will have to take in a game together. I'm certain he will do great there.

App is a nice college and area to be at. My oldest went there and graduated. My youngest went but could take being away from Mom and dad. I never went to game there. Maybe we will have to take in a game together. I'm certain he will do great there.
You should go, Otis. I’m a Tar Heel alum, but the game experience at App may be better. Certainly the tailgating is. We have season tickets and go to every home game. It’s a great time and I really enjoy that it’s stress free for me. Nice to pull for a team, but not lose sleep if they lose a game.

You should go, Otis. I’m a Tar Heel alum, but the game experience at App may be better. Certainly the tailgating is. We have season tickets and go to every home game. It’s a great time and I really enjoy that it’s stress free for me. Nice to pull for a team, but not lose sleep if they lose a game.
Well if you are a Carolina alum/fan you have certainly lost a lot of sleep over football if that bothers you. I'm a State fan and I never let a game get to me. That goes for basketball too. It's just a sport and I keep that in perspective. I am the same with with my high school team I support. I hate it for the kids many of whom I am either kin to or know through my wife teaching at West Craven. But I don't go home and lose sleep over it. When we lost to WRH in the playoffs As bad as I wanted to win I was happy for my friends from WRH. I spent the rest of the playoffs going to the games with them. I will not let sports get under my skin. I don't do that with work either. Never have. If I won't happy working somewhere I'd just leave and go find me another job.
But back to App I really liked that place. They had several suicides there when my daughter was at APP and that worried me. 4 I think. We went to visit one weekend and I sat down and told her " You do know there is nothing that you can't sit down with me and discuss. There is no scenario that you can't feel comfortable coming to us. You know we are not going to fuss." She said yes I know that. One of the students was a girl from her dorm. She hung herself in the woods behind the dorm.

Well if you are a Carolina alum/fan you have certainly lost a lot of sleep over football if that bothers you. I'm a State fan and I never let a game get to me. That goes for basketball too. It's just a sport and I keep that in perspective. I am the same with with my high school team I support. I hate it for the kids many of whom I am either kin to or know through my wife teaching at West Craven. But I don't go home and lose sleep over it. When we lost to WRH in the playoffs As bad as I wanted to win I was happy for my friends from WRH. I spent the rest of the playoffs going to the games with them. I will not let sports get under my skin. I don't do that with work either. Never have. If I won't happy working somewhere I'd just leave and go find me another job.
But back to App I really liked that place. They had several suicides there when my daughter was at APP and that worried me. 4 I think. We went to visit one weekend and I sat down and told her " You do know there is nothing that you can't sit down with me and discuss. There is no scenario that you can't feel comfortable coming to us. You know we are not going to fuss." She said yes I know that. One of the students was a girl from her dorm. She hung herself in the woods behind the dorm.
Quit worrying about sports at UNC, or anywhere else, in 2014. A few months in a coma will change your perspective and your priorities. But, at App games, I have no lifelong vested interest.
Boone is a wonderful place. But I do think the weather can affect a young person away from home and with the usual stresses of college life. I may be all wet on that, but seems reasonable to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT