ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte Williams

There is no need to get excited about Mack until you see who he brings in as his coordinators. I'm sure he'll keep Thig for the recruiting but I doubt anyone else is going to be retained. If he brings in bigtime DC and OC guys then its a great hire. If not, not so much.

That should be addressed Tuesday morning.

It would be a mistake to assume no one else will be retained.

Reactions: 1SWO1
There is no need to get excited about Mack until you see who he brings in as his coordinators. I'm sure he'll keep Thig for the recruiting but I doubt anyone else is going to be retained. If he brings in bigtime DC and OC guys then its a great hire. If not, not so much.

I agree 100%. This is all gonna depend on who he brings in. If he swings and misses on the coordinators then it will end bad in a hurry. Then again, we can’t drop much more than what the Hat has done the last few years lol.

That being said I get the feeling the MB hire is to try and repair some of the damage to relationships the Hat messed up. Mainly the Eastern NC, Tidewater VA areas.

Mack Brown won the national title in 2005

Also won 6 division titles and 3 conference titles.

Yea it sounded as though you said he won multiple National Titles. He only won one. I think Mack will find Carolina a little harder to win at now. The system he used has been dealt a blow. I think he will find it much harder but I do believe him to have been a better coach than Fedora. Only time will tell if he can still do it. It's a risky hire.

Reactions: Chopper747
UNC is probably looking for discipline first then stability! I just hope we quit celebrating after tackling a slow qb who has 200 yds rushing or batting a pass down in 3rd qt and receiver already has about 180 yds!

Pack fans will fear the he'll out of brown. Doeron scares no one LoL promise you that. The guy couldn't win with 10 all americans
I expected nothing less than you being a UNC-CH fan lol. Doeren is a great Coach and has done a fine job building the program back up from the mess TOB had it in. There is a reason that Doeren has been getting the best recruits in the state, has a top 25 recruiting class this year, has been UNCheats “ Daddy” because State is solidifying itself as the #2 team in the ACC. Give Doeren a few more years and we will be beating Clemson and winning our division. Put State in the ACC coastal where the cheats play and Doeren probably would have been in at least 2 ACC championship games by now. In 5 years the Wolfpack will live in the top 15 while Mack Brown will be living at a retirement home or struggling to make it to Hardee’s for the 5:00 breakfast.

Reactions: daagoob
Possibly HOF if he didn’t take this job. There was a reason he was fired from Texas. Lol UNC-CH can have Javonte however it is a tragedy if he doesn’t transfer. The Wolfpack will gladly welcome Mack back in Carter Finley next year.

I hope Kanye Roberts sees RED ... he should have some offers after next season. That boy can play.

Lol lets compare Texas to NC State lmao......

Mack did great things at Texas. He's the reason for the Lornhorn Network. How many national champion coaches, have ever coached at NC State. I'll wait

I expected nothing less than you being a UNC-CH fan lol. Doeren is a great Coach and has done a fine job building the program back up from the mess TOB had it in. There is a reason that Doeren has been getting the best recruits in the state, has a top 25 recruiting class this year, has been UNCheats “ Daddy” because State is solidifying itself as the #2 team in the ACC. Give Doeren a few more years and we will be beating Clemson and winning our division. Put State in the ACC coastal where the cheats play and Doeren probably would have been in at least 2 ACC championship games by now. In 5 years the Wolfpack will live in the top 15 while Mack Brown will be living at a retirement home or struggling to make it to Hardee’s for the 5:00 breakfast.
Lol. You were loaded last year and lost how many games?

No question if State was in the Coastal Division they would be dominating it every year. I see we just got a commitment from Ryan Finley's lil brother the other day. We have a rising star in Coach Dorean and we have solidified our qb position for the next 5 yrs. WE also have that stud running back coming in from GA who's is going to be a star here.

Mack did great things at Texas. He's the reason for the Lornhorn Network. How many national champion coaches, have ever coached at NC State. I'll wait
When did I ever try and compare NC State to Texas? Obviously Texas is a step above NC State UNC and the majority of ACC. To answer the National Champion coaches question Chuck Amato was a National Champion Coach, not a head coach but still a coach.

Lol. You were loaded last year and lost how many games?
South Carolina - season opener, should have won game.
Notre Dame - in South Bend, a Notre Dame team that lost to National Runner up by 1
Clemson - by a TD in a game NC State should have won
Wake Forest - simply a bad loss, only bad loss of the season

UNC-CH with 1 win over a P5 team in 2017, a 6 game losing streak, and a L to the Wolfpack.

NC State is far superior to UNC-CH in football it really is a joke at this point.

Reactions: daagoob

I use to live in Texas. High school ball is a religion in most communities. The talent there is amazing. Remember Texas is 3 times bigger than most all other states. If a coach can't win at Texas the odds are against him anywhere else. When I retire I may move back. I loved my time in Texas.

Lou Holtz did. But I'm sure you already knew that. SMH.

My issues with Fedora:
1. Did not recruit NC well, especially eastern NC. I heard a story that they didn't even have Javonte Williams on their radar until someone told them about him. He is a beast and gonna be a stud next year. Too many NC recruits are going out of state.
2. Too much Mickey Mouse on offense. Remember when we had 2nd and 1 against Clemson in the ACC championship game and he ran two straight trick plays?
3. If it took 15 minutes in practice each day to work on that Water Bucket Play thing they did on the extra points, that was 15 minutes pissed away. Always looked stupid, too.
4. Fedora tried to re-invent offense. They would get 9 yards on first down and then rush up to the line to snap it quick, most times not getting the yard and sometimes getting a penalty for false start.

If Mack assembles a good staff, it will be a win.

Reactions: dogs79 and 1SWO1
they got breakfast for $5 at Hardee's??

Last edited:

Champ, if you think Mack Brown is going to even remotely accomplish at UNC what he did in TEXAS, you're going to be a disappointed dude. UNC ain't Texas. Barely playing the same sport they play in Texas.

Champ, if you think Mack Brown is going to even remotely accomplish at UNC what he did in TEXAS, you're going to be a disappointed dude. UNC ain't Texas. Barely playing the same sport they play in Texas.

yeah that whole state is a recruiting gold mine, maybe he might make Carolina respectable somewhat.

UNC's best years was when Mack was at the helm. At UNC he was beginning to turn UNC into a national power.Texas' best years Mack was at the helm. At Texas he did turn them into a national power and he's responsible for the Longhorn network

UNC's best years was when Mack was at the helm. At UNC he was beginning to turn UNC into a national power.Texas' best years Mack was at the helm. At Texas he did turn them into a national power and he's responsible for the Longhorn network

Did he turn water into wine?? Jeez

Very true. Good things to come at the hill

Did he turn water into wine?? Jeez
At Chapel Hill he did.With a good cast he should make the Heels competitive next year.I sure hope he does with App and Clemson coming to Chapel Hill and the Gamecocks in Charlotte.

App coming to UNC next year??? I will be there.

Mack is a North Carolina boy, he knows the state through and through. Going forward he will lock down NC and VA, like he did before. OTW. He can recruit nationally. Won't be surprise to see UNC get a few Texas kids also. BTW Mack has stated he wants UNC boosters to be "ALL IN'' on football. I think you will see major improvements in the UNC football program, from facilities, to assistant coaching salaries, to additional coaches aka analysts that SEC schools use, (Bama got 24 analysts, UNC got 4 currently). UNC has deep pockets. I see Mack bringing in Kingsbury at OC and Gene back to DC

Mack is a North Carolina boy, he knows the state through and through. Going forward he will lock down NC and VA, like he did before. OTW. He can recruit nationally. Won't be surprise to see UNC get a few Texas kids also. BTW Mack has stated he wants UNC boosters to be "ALL IN'' on football. I think you will see major improvements in the UNC football program, from facilities, to assistant coaching salaries, to additional coaches aka analysts that SEC schools use, (Bama got 24 analysts, UNC got 4 currently). UNC has deep pockets. I see Mack bringing in Kingsbury at OC and Gene back to DC

In the words of Aerosmith “Dream On”. Basketball is the only thing the UNC-CH Wal-Mart crowd cares about. Doeren runs this state and the recruits know it. The only upgrades that will be done to that school are more handicap crappers will be added because there is no telling where old Mack will be when his bowels give out on him and he loses his shit. Kingsbury is about to get paid and it won’t be UNC-CH writing the check.

Reactions: PackHorses
State has an incredible streak going.....26 straight years they have failed to win or share a division title, regular season title or ACC tournament in football, men's & women's basketball and baseball. One of the most amazing streaks in college sports!!

Will Mack get another AFAM course going like last time?

Reactions: DuplinCountyTiger
State has an incredible streak going.....26 straight years they have failed to win or share a division title, regular season title or ACC tournament in football, men's & women's basketball and baseball. One of the most amazing streaks in college sports!!
You need to check your facts, that’s incorrect

Don’t forget the wolfpeckers are good at wrestling. Then again it’s a given they would be at 2 grown men fondling each other.

Don’t forget the wolfpeckers are good at wrestling. Then again it’s a given they would be at 2 grown men fondling each other.
LMAO a UNC-CH fan trying to make a gay joke on NC State, that is truly hysterical considering there are as many ass bandit liberals in Chapel Hill as there are in San Francisco. Over half of your fan base has never set foot in Chapel Hill and if the Wal-Mart fans ever made the trip they would be shocked and highly disappointed

i think when Mack institutes the AFAM classes again, and of course knows nothing about it like Roy, they'll be okay.

NC State is one of the top rated fishing schools in the country.Let me think what else,,they paid Dennis Scott very well for nothing.I guess that's it.

Reactions: Champ_24 and 1SWO1
LMAO a UNC-CH fan trying to make a gay joke on NC State, that is truly hysterical considering there are as many ass bandit liberals in Chapel Hill as there are in San Francisco. Over half of your fan base has never set foot in Chapel Hill and if the Wal-Mart fans ever made the trip they would be shocked and highly disappointed
. :)) I am one of the Walmart ‘common folk’ Carolina fans. I know there is at least one guy there on the right side.

Damn you state fans are getting super upset and pissing yourselves. Why so mad if you think he will fail so hard. State is the laughing stock of every sport period. Oh and btw just got caught paying Dennis Smith 80,000 in basketball to be mediocre

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT