ADVERTISEMENT

Javonte Williams

Mac Brown did well at Texas, even national titles. Texas had super high expectations after that. Now look at them. They have winning record, but nothing like the were then, as much hype as they get this season.
Mack Browns last 4 seasons at Texas were horrible he ran the program into the ground. Brown didn’t know when to let go, same as Bobby Bowden.

State went 5-5 against Mack at UNC. Actually, I think his overall record at UNC is overrated. No ACC Championship in 10 seasons. He did eventually do well at Texas, but UNC isn't Texas in football and never will be, not even close.

Reactions: DuplinCountyTiger
...and based on your logic Mark Richt ran Georgia in to the ground
False. Richt consistently had 3 and 4 loss seasons never had UGA in the BCS Championship and had reputation for always losing the big game. Brown took Texas to being a national contender and within 5 years drove the program straight to the middle of the pack in Big 12.

State went 5-5 against Mack at UNC. Actually, I think his overall record at UNC is overrated. No ACC Championship in 10 seasons. He did eventually do well at Texas, but UNC isn't Texas in football and never will be, not even close.

Now Wiz, the last time the Wolfpack won an ACC football championship was ...............?o_O

Mac Brown did well at Texas, even national titles. Texas had super high expectations after that. Now look at them. They have winning record, but nothing like the were then, as much hype as they get this season.

Not titles. Keep it factual. The game seemed to pass Mack by which is why he was fired from Texas. At 68 can he make the changes to bring Carolina back?? Honestly I'd rather have both State and Carolina playing well and playing each other for something that matters than what we had Saturday. UNC claims 41,000+ for the attendance at that game?? Anyone that watched knows that is a lie. There wasn't 25,000 in that place. Bad teams, bad weather made for a low turnout.
I see no reason for Javonte to transfer. He grew up a Carolina fan and he is playing for his team. Hopefully things improve for him there. I just hope he don't beat State!

Reactions: dogs79 and 1SWO1
Not titles. Keep it factual. The game seemed to pass Mack by which is why he was fired from Texas. At 68 can he make the changes to bring Carolina back?? Honestly I'd rather have both State and Carolina playing well and playing each other for something that matters than what we had Saturday. UNC claims 41,000+ for the attendance at that game?? Anyone that watched knows that is a lie. There wasn't 25,000 in that place. Bad teams, bad weather made for a low turnout.
I see no reason for Javonte to transfer. He grew up a Carolina fan and he is playing for his team. Hopefully things improve for him there. I just hope he don't beat State!

Way less than 10K in the stands.

I was there.

Way less.

Reactions: 1SWO1
Mack Browns last 4 seasons at Texas were horrible he ran the program into the ground. Brown didn’t know when to let go, same as Bobby Bowden.

Damn your a joke dude. Brown didn't run any program into the ground. Your a pack fan we all know but damn take the blinders off please

Reactions: Chopper747
Now Wiz, the last time the Wolfpack won an ACC football championship was ...............?o_O
I'm not talking about the Wolfpack, i know that was 1979;UNC-1980; about as long as UNC's ACC championship history but the topic here is Mack Brown. I wish they had kept Fedora, but I like Mack Brown, I'm glad they're bringing him back. He recruited North Carolina boys, but nothing to fear there.

HE WON'T

I'm not talking about the Wolfpack, i know that was 1979;UNC-1980; about as long as UNC's ACC championship history but the topic here is Mack Brown. I wish they had kept Fedora, but I like Mack Brown, I'm glad they're bringing him back. He recruited North Carolina boys, but nothing to fear there.

Pack fans will fear the he'll out of brown. Doeron scares no one LoL promise you that. The guy couldn't win with 10 all americans

Point is you were making a big deal out of Mack not winning an ACC Championship in his ten years and yet the Pack hasn't won one in 39 years. Many coaches have never won a championship so not winning one in ten years is not unusual.

My younger son was a student trainer during Mack's first four years and is now working in the South Building so we are looking forward to this happening.

Mack Brown won the national title in 2005

Also won 6 division titles and 3 conference titles.

These state fans are just pissing them selves seeing someone with a great background coming to the hil

These state fans are just pissing them selves seeing someone with a great background coming to the hil
But isn't he a little old for this now? They must just be looking at a year or two. I mean, I think he's 77 now. Damn

But isn't he a little old for this now? They must just be looking at a year or two. I mean, I think he's 77 now. Damn

Your right, you don't forget how to win games and hire the right people to recruit

on his way to a 10 win season; how many did the Heels win??

Heels suck. Plain and simple. State is average at best. Have tons of talent but never win a big game and won't ever. Doeron is horrible coach, he's got a ton of guys who can recruit around him.

Point is you were making a big deal out of Mack not winning an ACC Championship in his ten years and yet the Pack hasn't won one in 39 years. Many coaches have never won a championship so not winning one in ten years is not unusual.

My younger son was a student trainer during Mack's first four years and is now working in the South Building so we are looking forward to this happening.
Mule, I'm just saying some are projecting Mack as the savior to bring Carolina back to national prominence, Mack has a few good years before he left UNC but overall not outstanding. The Pack 39 years, hey UNC 38 years! About the same difference!

I'm glad Mack's coming, nothing to fear. Won against him before, will win against him in the future. Not like he's going make Carolina a Clemson or something. Just not going to happen. UNC's a basketball school.

I'm glad Mack's coming, nothing to fear. Won against him before, will win against him in the future. Not like he's going make Carolina a Clemson or something. Just not going to happen. UNC's a basketball school.

was 69-46-1 at North Carolina during his first stint and led the Tar Heels to winning seasons in each of his last eight years, including top-10 finishes in the polls his last two seasons, in 1996 and 1997. He Wil do Just fine. State will never be a powerhouse in any major sports LoL keep getting destoried on the hardwood and your time will come on the field.. w

Mack will do that, but North Carolina isn't exactly the hotbed of football recruiting.

It was a few years ago. UNC defense with Burney there had about 8 guys drafted off the defense. Would have been serious players for the title, if big Marvin Austin didn't ruin it for everyone LoL

Mule, I'm just saying some are projecting Mack as the savior to bring Carolina back to national prominence, Mack has a few good years before he left UNC but overall not outstanding. The Pack 39 years, hey UNC 38 years! About the same difference!

I know Wiz, we just want to be competitive again and be able to recruit North Carolina kids.

The last couple of years the top players in North Carolina just weren't interested in Carolina and I can understand why.

We have Tommy Thigpen on the staff now (he played for Mack or course) and you can bet between Tommy and Mack there are changes coming in the Old North State football recruiting.

Oh, forget to add that the recruiting actually has already started.

There is no need to get excited about Mack until you see who he brings in as his coordinators. I'm sure he'll keep Thig for the recruiting but I doubt anyone else is going to be retained. If he brings in bigtime DC and OC guys then its a great hire. If not, not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT